IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

With you on that, and as long as we get to hear a new song, does it even matter?
It doesn't matter, except for claritying terms. I don't think that none of you considere A New Dawn as a single and the song was made public before the cd.

I reckon it will be two songs on Friday, as they said two more will be released, so my guess is a lyric / music video for one of the songs and the other as an instant download for preorders only.

Reactions: AtotheK
Jester 313... IF mixed the album like that on purpose. I had the same issue when I bought the disc. I took it back and got another one. Same problem. lol. IF has always had a trade mark dynamic to their sound by mixing certain parts low when the standard would be up in the mix right? Take "With Eyes Wide Open " for example. In the opening intro they have the lead mixed really low. I would imagine the average listener would wonder why the lead was so low in the mix, and thinking it should be mixed above the rhythm guitars. IF has always done that on their albums in different ways as far as how they mix certain melodies primarily the guitars. Another song that comes to mind is "Like You Better Dead." So think in terms of what a Siren is. This was a creative move by the band. How Ironic was it that it just so happened to be the title track that was mixed at normal mixing/mastering levels and the rest of the album was mixed really low. It was supposed to be symbolic in the way of a Siren singing out to you. To lure you in. The title track "Siren Charms" being blaring loud when the rest of the record is quiet.

Jester 313... IF mixed the album like that on purpose. I had the same issue when I bought the disc. I took it back and got another one. Same problem. lol. IF has always had a trade mark dynamic to their sound by mixing certain parts low when the standard would be up in the mix right? Take "With Eyes Wide Open " for example. In the opening intro they have the lead mixed really low. I would imagine the average listener would wonder why the lead was so low in the mix, and thinking it should be mixed above the rhythm guitars. IF has always done that on their albums in different ways as far as how they mix certain melodies primarily the guitars. Another song that comes to mind is "Like You Better Dead." So think in terms of what a Siren is. This was a creative move by the band. How Ironic was it that it just so happened to be the title track that was mixed at normal mixing/mastering levels and the rest of the album was mixed really low. It was supposed to be symbolic in the way of a Siren singing out to you. To lure you in. The title track "Siren Charms" being blaring loud when the rest of the record is quiet.
I appreciate your effort here but that's just wrong. I know this because the digital copies were all the same volume. When I say the physical CD was mixed wrong, I mean all the tracks were set to, let's say 4, and Siren Charms was accidentally set to about an 11. Unfortunately, I never received a replacement copy from anyone with the issue corrected. But, in the end, not a huge deal since the digital copies were fine.

Welp, it's official. You can listen to the teaser of the new song/single/not-so-single on their facebook. Sounds promising, but let's wait and see.

It's not bad. But yeah the drums still sound programmed. It kinda riuns everything for me. But at least it's fast, energetic. Let's wait and see/hear.

"It's programmed..." in 3, 2, 1... GO!
(Goes...) It's programmed. The entire album is using MIDI drums (very sure, but I may be wrong (doubt it though)). If that's not the case, color me surprised as it then sounds really, really bad if it is coming from real drums, which must mean there's got to be some kind of a mixing/mastering failure.

It's already been stated that Joe Rickard recorded the drums for the album like 50 times, how can people have missed that? Also the sample sound nice, reminds me a bit of In Search For I.