IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

I have to say that given the negative new drummer comments and everything else about what IF is doing right now... That teaser riff sounds the tightest IF has ever been!

...Ever?
I'm openly said that I enjoy modern IF, SC & ASOP included, but come on? Ever? Really?

It is like Chris Adler with Megadeth. He tightened them up just a hair when he was playing with them.

Mmm, that teaser sounds great. Echoing sentiments that a good drummer makes all the difference, but I'll adopt a wait-and-listen approach for Rickard. I'm already missing Daniel's influence, though.

In Flames are well known for being lazy.

Maybe I don't spend enough time in In Flames circles, but I think this is the only place I've seen this posited as common knowledge. Unless you mean it's plain to see in their work / studio diaries / interviews?

Maybe I don't spend enough time in In Flames circles, but I think this is the only place I've seen this posited as common knowledge. Unless you mean it's plain to see in their work / studio diaries / interviews?

They've admitted it themselves in quite a few interviews, it's not exactly a secret :D

It is like Chris Adler with Megadeth. He tightened them up just a hair when he was playing with them.

Well sure... Chris Adler would do for IF too.

Not feeling that with our Joe here. He did one good thing on The End, and even that was fairly obvious and only reason I noticed it is the fact Daniel rarely did it that way. Everything else we've heard so far is going from subpar to average.

I just think that IF would profit from getting good drummer and giving more space to Niclas from the rhythmic perspective.

Reactions: AtotheK
Joe just executed Bjorn's preprogrammed drum licks. He probably had limited input to the creative process. So not fair to judge him. Anyway, lets wait and see.

But i dont think we'll be able to fully judge him until we see him play live.

Reactions: AtotheK
How is anything here being white-washed??
Because everything that's in the past is better.

- Daniel still in the band and the mixing of drums are criticized on some records.
- Daniel not in the band, suddenly every past IF drum mixing were good.

- Jesper still in the band, the sound of IF is criticized on some records or songs.
- Jesper not in the band, suddenly he was the guy who fought bravely against the devilish taste of Anders and Björn.

- Album X is shit, don't like this new sound.
- [2 albums later] Album X was actually not that bad, definitely had great moments.

Yada, yada, yada. Two years from now, there will be a new "worst ever" IF song to replace The Truth and so on.

Reactions: Jaymzkrueger
Because everything that's in the past is better.

- Daniel still in the band and the mixing of drums are criticized on some records.
- Daniel not in the band, suddenly every past IF drum mixing were good.

- Jesper still in the band, the sound of IF is criticized on some records or songs.
- Jesper not in the band, suddenly he was the guy who fought bravely against the devilish taste of Anders and Björn.

- Album X is shit, don't like this new sound.
- [2 albums later] Album X was actually not that bad, definitely had great moments.

Yada, yada, yada. Two years from now, there will be a new "worst ever" IF song to replace The Truth and so on.
I agree with the logic and examples, but not sure I would call it whitewashing. Either way, it's true. But then again, a lot of things that I didn't like much to begin with get better with age because as time goes by, I lose all the expectations I had for something and I realize it isn't as bad as I thought it was. For example, when a new song or movie comes out, you hype yourself up but it doesn't live up to your expectations. Years later, you listen to or watch it again, and you realize it's actually good. But then sometimes the opposite happens like with ASOP.

A88 and I are always criticised for sticking to our guns regarding ASOP and to a lesser extent STYE and particularly Bottled. I'm also called an asshole for liking SOAPF, so I really can't win :D hated by the elite metal kvlt crew, and hated by the nu N'Flaymz fanboy/fangirl crowd. It's a good thing I don't care what anyone thinks... or maybe I do?

Reactions: ciko_gfb and A88
A88 and I are always criticised for sticking to our guns regarding ASOP and to a lesser extent STYE and particularly Bottled. I'm also called an asshole for liking SOAPF, so I really can't win :D hated by the elite metal kvlt crew, and hated by the nu N'Flaymz fanboy/fangirl crowd. It's a good thing I don't care what anyone thinks... or maybe I do?
I think you're called an asshole for other reasons :D. Just keep pretending you can handle everything. We'll never understand you.

Reactions: DE4life
I thought I had dibs on self-pity, so what is this gay shit right here?