IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Someone found it/got it yet?
I preordered the bundle thingy on a swedish website so i dont know if i will get the song. SHARE PEEPZ SHARE XD

Nothing here yet either, but I pre-ordered from Amazon UK, so might not get the mail for another 20minutes or so.

Damn, the sample sounds.... I don't even know how to put it into words. They weren't joking around when they said that this album has a "Positive" vibe to it. I don't like it. Sounds like 90 pop-punk rock with tonnnnssss of autotune. I hope the rest of the song/album is better than this shit. Fuck... In Flames, what happened to you guys?

edit:
Thing is, Anders can't even fucking sing like that. It'll suck balls live. So much Autotune on this one and the DRUMS!!! oh the Drums!!! what the fuck were they thinking making this record?!! Jesus. IF is one of my all time favorite bands - Old and New. I even like Siren Charms.Not that it was great but still not as bad as this! This doesn't even sound like them anymore. Of course there's still 11 more songs, but The End, The Truth and this shit is pretty bad so far. (For In Flames)
Maybe It'll grow on me, and I'll learn to love it, and maybe not. But it doesn't change the fact that In Flames are forever lost. IFWTNM.

Last edited:
Reactions: eochaid
Been searching for the song but no luck yet. Thanks for the sample though AtotheK. I love the sample, yeah autotune a bit much but its super catchy! I like the part where he sings "in the world we swore to protect". Its just a sample but I have good feeling about this one.

Reactions: AtotheK
Wow, that sample just lowered my expectations even more now. I get that he can't reproduce his cleans live and they touch them up in the studio, but this kind of effect on them sounds terrible. Now I have to go to bed angry, great. It almost doesn't even sound like Anders. Maybe more like The Offspring??

I like it.
It has energy, it sounds decently engaging.

The issue is; it doesn't sound like In Flames, and good fucking luck doing that live Anders. You're not Björn Strid.

You can buy the full verson on iTunes/Amazon etc now.

It's.. not the best song.

Anders screams sound.. very very strange. Like they've been put through some weird fuzz filter (like a lowpass + fuzz).
The most egregious use of autotune is actually at the tail end of the verses, not the chorus.

The song structure is very simple-- the verse/intro riff is the really boring pedal tone riff we got to hear a while back.
The bridge is also basically this riff, so it's a two riff song for the most part.

Solo is poor, very wah-y. And the mix is very weird (it sounds like its extremely superficial in the mix, like the solo guitar is wayyyyy too high)

The song has energy though, which is really the best thing it has going for it. It feels somewhat anthemic and upbeat.

Also; I now understand that Björn was the root of all evil on the shit guitar tone found on ASOP, SC and now this. It sounds so similar to ASOPs' guitar tone.

It's so fucking weak and limp. Fuzzy, thin fucking guitars. Lack of gain/dist?These songs would probably sound miles better with CC or SOAPF production (not sure how they got the latter so right)

Reactions: only4theweak187
Just gave the sample a few listens.

So this is basically going to be the second Passenger album I always wanted, hahaha. I wonder if Niclas did any songwriting on this record, or if it was just Bjorn and Anders again?

I guess I never understood when people said R2R/STYE were attempts at American-style metal (probably because that's when I discovered them and they blew all that American shit I was listening to out of the water), but here I can definitely hear it.

But I mean, I enjoy what I'm hearing, in the same way I like certain Sevendust and Engel songs. It'll take a bit to digest, definitely.

EDIT: The full song's on Spotify. Gave it a few listens. I think this is probably one of the weakest songs they've put out.

Don't get me wrong, the chorus is neat. And I'm probably the biggest IF apologist you'll find, but that verse is just dreadful. Like, come on, guys. Why would you do that.

Last edited:
It is an evident effort to not sound like in flames, and it feels so forced. I really don't get why people keeps on liking things like this when compared to what the have done before, and to what they could really do. Sorry guys, this time I really don't get it.

I stick to my opinion that they're trying to sound like 30 seconds to mars.

Last edited:
I don't see it on Spotify either, although based on the responses here I'm not that keen on hearing it anyway. Sounds like Anders has been listening to too much T-Pain.

There is a disturbing moment in the chorus when the voice doesn't match the music at all, as if they worngly mixed two different songs (the second "if you can see it")

I like the chorus (haven't heard to full song yet) but then again I like stuff like the Offspring and other more poppy stuff. But from reading other people's reactions, it looks like the rest of the song is not that good

The mixing on the track is very odd. I don't know what to make of it. Not just vocals or guitars, just the whole thing... something seems a little off.

But, honestly, it's not terrible. It sounds like it could have been a weaker song on SOAPF.