IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Shit happens when IF go to US. For the next album, record company must find some old Swedish castle in the middle of the forest, lock them in, bring Nordstrom and some black metal drummer just for cool promo shots and kvlt rep....and then we'll get an album that is not gay shit.

New songs does not sound like IF. Joe is an excellent choice. This album does seem to be leftover from some random generic mainstream band. Chorus is a ripoff, but I can't remember from where.

At least it has some energy and random Bjorn solo I already forgot ?No 187.

Reactions: AtotheK and eochaid
Shit happens when IF go to US. For the next album, record company must find some old Swedish castle in the middle of the forest, lock them in, bring Nordstrom and some black metal drummer just for cool promo shots and kvlt rep....and then we'll get an album that is not gay shit.

New songs does not sound like IF. Joe is an excellent choice. This album does seem to be leftover from some random generic mainstream band. Chorus is a ripoff, but I can't remember from where.

At least it has some energy and random Bjorn solo I already forgot ?No 187.

The solo sounds like a throwaway from the SOAPF sessions. I also noticed some of the keys directly ripped out of Deliver Us.

The song sounds like a mix of random riffs. It's going to be interesting just to see Anders struggling with the vocals live.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtotheK
Yada, yada, yada. Two years from now, there will be a new "worst ever" IF song to replace The Truth and so on.

Well, isn't that kinda how things work?

Lets say a big battle happens in WW2... 3,000 die.

Then, another battle happens... 4,500 die.

Something worse came along as time went on. Kind of how that concept works :D

Let's just hope it doesn't

Funny how previews from this album show just about everything worthy about the songs. One good riff from the End, chorus from The Truth, riff from this new one.

And when you hear the whole song, you find nothing new and nothing imteresting. Just some random music between showcase moment and the ending. Really speaks a lot about the quality of IF music and songwriting these days.

I really strugle to remember the last time they did something cool midway through the song, start some killer riff, melody, change tempo.

Nope, it's riff, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, random sequence of notes with wah, chorus+, riff/ending.

Rinse and repeat = new album.

Listened song a few times now and I can say that I like it. Verse riff feels weird a little bit, but prechorus and chorus vocals are awesome, catchy. Solo is good but it feels like I heard that before. So much wah and same solo patterns by Björn.

So, when is Jesper going to record an actual song? Every two months there is a picture of him with guitar coming back from the dead and then...nothing.

And you didn't niticed the disconnected riff?

In Flames recycle a lot of their riffs. Didn't some song on Siren Charms literally copy the Black and White intro exactly?

Funny how previews from this album show just about everything worthy about the songs. One good riff from the End, chorus from The Truth, riff from this new one.

And when you hear the whole song, you find nothing new and nothing imteresting. Just some random music between showcase moment and the ending. Really speaks a lot about the quality of IF music and songwriting these days.

I really strugle to remember the last time they did something cool midway through the song, start some killer riff, melody, change tempo.

Nope, it's riff, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, random sequence of notes with wah, chorus+, riff/ending.

Rinse and repeat = new album.

SOAPF had a few cool little bits in the middle of songs - All For Me, as much as I hate it, at least tried something different in terms of song structure. Before that ASOP had some nice little acoustic parts too.

SC had absolutely nothing, and it sounds like Battles will follow this same, basic pop song template approach they have decided on using.

So, when is Jesper going to record an actual song? Every two months there is a picture of him with guitar coming back from the dead and then...nothing.

Actually he's saying that he'll record a solo album like 2 years now. Maybe IF was right to continue without Jesper.

Maybe I'm wired wrong, but a good song is good for me even if it has a traditional, not complex structure, and a bad song is bad for me, even if it's a 15 minutes long rollercoaster.

The new song... oh man, if it wasn't apparent for us yet, this screams U S A big time.

Extremely catchy, easily my favorite of the three. The Truth and The End seems to be really the two extremes of the record and this is a great mix of inbetween.

Also, to say something surprising, I think your average IF fan should be more worried about this song than The Truth. This song is a bigger offender, but people might not realize, because "we are, we are" is very cheese so it's easier to hate. But man, that bridge and that chorus.... holy shit, that got me. And I don't mean in a bad or a good way, I mean it was actually surprising they went there.

Anyway, after two listens I think it's really cool.

SOAPF had a few cool little bits in the middle of songs - All For Me, as much as I hate it, at least tried something different in terms of song structure. Before that ASOP had some nice little acoustic parts too.

SC had absolutely nothing, and it sounds like Battles will follow this same, basic pop song template approach they have decided on using.

A new dawn had some good things happening.

On SC there are one or two songs when shitty music stops, cool riff starts, you expect something good, but no, 5 seconds later they are back into slowish midtempo wah&whine infested oblivion.

Maybe I'm wired wrong, but a good song is good for me even if it has a traditional, not complex structure, and a bad song is bad for me, even if it's a 15 minutes long rollercoaster.

The new song... oh man, if it wasn't apparent for us yet, this screams U S A big time.

Extremely catchy, easily my favorite of the three. The Truth and The End seems to be really the two extremes of the record and this is a great mix of inbetween.

Also, to say something surprising, I think your average IF fan should be more worried about this song than The Truth. This song is a bigger offender, but people might not realize, because "we are, we are" is very cheese so it's easier to hate. But man, that bridge and that chorus.... holy shit, that got me. And I don't mean in a bad or a good way, I mean it was actually surprising they went there.

Anyway, after two listens I think it's really cool.
I would be more disappointed about you not liking the song than about the song itself.

What saddens me the most is that if not for the clean singing parts it would have been pretty decent. And that stupid punk-ish drum beat on all the clean parts too. The solo is actually surprising a bit.

Slave I don't know how The End is one side of an "extreme" and The Truth is the other. What do you mean?

The End:

Good lead riff, screams in verse, nice bridge followed by big chorus. *vocal refrains and other extras always add a nice touch as well

Catchy, simple and works well. Perfectly acceptable modern-metal song from In flames that's aiming for a more mainstreamish direction.

The End should be the standard level

I like the chorus (haven't heard to full song yet) but then again I like stuff like the Offspring and other more poppy stuff. But from reading other people's reactions, it looks like the rest of the song is not that good
That's fine if you like The Offspring. I used to listen to them. But they are a pop-punk band. IF is not so why is Anders trying to sound like one with all that production? Oh well.