IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

I absolutely could deal with more songs like The End.

At least there's a decent melodic main riff to lead this more catchy type of song structure.

A more simplified version of Sounds of a Playground Fading with little extras(choirs, different electronics and vocal effects like those present in The End) is fine with me.

Siren Charms wasn't what I'm describing above^ unfortunately. Still needs decent guitar melodies(although a lot are buried under SC's production), aggressive screams and at least a feel of actual atmosphere.

The End, as a representative of where IF is in 2016, is a much more acceptable "progression" into a more straight-forward catchy modern metal music direction they want to go.

The Truth hopefully is a wildcard and a track that's just way out there versus the rest.

Reactions: AtotheK
From the Italian review that was shared previously, it looked like the Truth was the wild card. They were saying something in terms of "we imagine Jesper looking at Bjorn/Anders in anger when listening to this song" meaning that its a song that Jesper would disapprove.

From the Italian review that was shared previously, it looked like the Truth was the wild card. They were saying something in terms of "we imagine Jesper looking at Bjorn/Anders in anger when listening to this song" meaning that its a song that Jesper would disapprove.

Sounds good to me, I actually find The Truth tolerable, even listen to it of my own choosing sometimes, so if that is the weakest song on the album I might actually go all in and buy the vinyl as well.

I'm so excited now it's only a month away. I have the deluxe CD on order, but at midnight when the album comes out I will listen to it on Spotify, never mind the fact it's a midweek night. Who needs to be awake for work the following day XD

I'm so excited now it's only a month away. I have the deluxe CD on order, but at midnight when the album comes out I will listen to it on Spotify, never mind the fact it's a midweek night. Who needs to be awake for work the following day XD

IF it updates at midnight that is.

omg @ this "check us out on Spotify Metalcore" thing I just saw on FB. Either they're trolling too hard or trying too hard.

Both "The End" and "The Truth" have more or less dropped out of rotation for me. It's weird. Usually I'll have new IF songs on repeat for months on end but I'm not feeling it quite as much this time. I had a job a couple years ago in which my co-workers constantly had the Sirius XM on Octane, which I couldn't stand at all for the most part. These two songs remind me of that kind of diluted, trying-to-be-anthemic hard rock/metal. But maybe my tastes have changed.

"Atoma" is pretty great! I like Stanne's cleans a lot, personally, and they work well here. He's always been a capable harsh vocalist so I don't have strong feelings either way on that point. The production still has that hazy/light feel that made Construct feel a bit weak to me, which is disappointing. But definitely looking forward to this record.

I don't really listen to the entirety of DT's collection like I used to. I've whittled it down to parts of The Gallery, The Mind's I, Damage Done and Fiction. I can't listen to a song off Projector without feeling compelled to sit through the whole album, though. Just perfection.

Same with IF, actually. It's mostly TJR, parts of Colony, Reroute, Come Clarity and Siren Charms for me these days. I skip most of everything else, mainly because I've listened to these guys to death.

I would love to see that song with Anders on vocals. Not with SC vocals of course, but SOAPF or CC vocals.

It'd be pretty cool, I think. But I'm not sure what you mean when you differentiate SC vocals and SOAPF/CC vocals...? If you're talking about cleans, at least, I think SC and CC definitely have more in common than with SOAPF. Whereas I think SC and SOAPF are more similar when it comes to harsh vocals.

Last edited:
Just pre-ordered it. We'll see on Friday. Hopefully this time the CD will be properly mixed. Did anyone else experience the physical CD of SC being poorly mixed? All the songs were quiet and then the title track was loud as hell.

Never actually listened to SC from the CD ha-ha, but I suppose I have the ripped version from the CD because Siren Charms intro bass line is very loud :D But other than that, the overall record sounds louder than Clayman or ASOP and much louder than R2R. Colony And CC beats it out, STYE and SOAPF is around the same. And of course, the medley parts on LS.

Also, Filtered Truth is loud, while The Chase is quiet.

At this day and age a released song is basically a single. Singles lost their charm and importance. Back then you could buy physical copies of singles, though I should not tell you this, Hugo, in your time you were probably buying vinyls as well.

Reactions: AtotheK and Seppo91
At this day and age a released song is basically a single. Singles lost their charm and importance. Back then you could buy physical copies of singles, though I should not tell you this, Hugo, in your time you were probably buying vinyls as well.

With you on that, and as long as we get to hear a new song, does it even matter?

A released for everyone, yes. A released for those who preorder the album, no.

The last vinyl that I bought was Deliver Us single. But I have intention of buying more vinyls from now on.