IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

I did NOT like the sound, and while I have no problem with bands experimenting with different mixes on their records, a live cd/dvd should sound raw and heavy. One of my biggest disappointment among live releases was Celldweller's Live Upon A Blackstar, where he fucking cut the studio versions of the songs under the video, saying he's way too perfectionist to release an actual LIVE live dvd. Yeah, fuck you.

Whatever, at least some bands are releasing their promised live DVD, unlike certain others. *cough* NIN *cough*

Also, I guess the new album comes either around Christmas or next year, but definitely not in the Fall with the release of this DVD.

Considering the album recording was done in April I'll be baffled if it's not released in this year, it should already be completely mixed by now if not weeks ago. That would be a huge delay, and this time I doubt Anders is burned out and release date pushed back 3 months, and they already have the record deal and such. Shouldn't be released later than September or possibly October or something weird is up.

Live DVD at best is late July, early August. If they drop the new record in Sept/Oct, they must be really confident. Not even sure if we can talk about confidence here, though. It just sounds stupid.

They know that Siren was a joke , not all of them , some say that WTWE and EverythingsGone saving this shit but they sounds more metalcore not melodic...if they draw the conclusion next album will be more old school

Live DVD at best is late July, early August. If they drop the new record in Sept/Oct, they must be really confident. Not even sure if we can talk about confidence here, though. It just sounds stupid.
What's stupid about that? The album is completely done, why should they push back the release date? Especially when they already have booked dates in the fall, no way they start touring before album is released. Doubt DVD is coming in 3-4weeks also. Doesn't have to be released that far apart with the album. They are starting to tour in early November so best bet is album being released in October. They will probably release a couple more trailers for the DVD the coming weeks so that'll probably come in September or possibly late August. Just my guesses of course but there's no reason to sit on a completed album unless something is happening behind the scenes that makes it delayed 3-4 months like Siren Charms.

Siren was a huge gamble, huge. And it didn't pay off, except luckily, they still had great shows at all the big feastivals which was a good thing and in 2015(especially fall '15)...
Played the BEST setlists live they've done since like 2008.

Putting aside the releasing of the dvd, album and who the new drummer is...

I think the focal point right now should be what the new album will sound like.

What do you guys think the songs will be like?
Throw some detailed guesses out

What do you guys think the songs will be like?
Throw some detailed guesses out

This is really a point in the band's history where, possibly more than any other junction, the new album could sound like just about anything. It would follow that they realized Siren Charms was an unmitigated piece of shit that garnered not a single response above lukewarm, so maybe it will be significantly more aggressive. Them signing to Nuclear Blast again seems to imply this since that's a label known for pushing bands to bring out a heavy product, but then again Opeth just signed a contract with them as well, and they seem content to keep doing the throwback 70's hippie-rock thing, so it's no guarantee.

My gut tells me it will at least have more vigor and intensity to it, maybe along the lines of Come Clarity but with Anders' newer vocal approach (which will naturally ruin any potential of it being listenable). Still, it wouldn't surprise me to see them just rest on their laurels and put out another Siren Charms. It's impossible to know with this band, and unfortunately not in a good way. We'll just have to wait for them to release something.

If they came out with another SOAPF I'd be happy, and I think that's a realistic expectation. I don't expect anything heavier than that.

I think they will go with the way they started with SC until it's a total failure and then go back to a harder style.

What's stupid about that?

I would not use the word stupid, but I don't thinkt hat it's a good commercial idea. Bands do not tend to make two releases in a short time because it can divide the possible buyers.

They never repeated themselves but there's a pattern. I'm not saying that the new album will be like SC, I'm saying that they will probably keep on with the softer sound that they started with it.

Of course, I can be wrong.

I'm not saying that the new album will be like SC, I'm saying that they will probably keep on with the softer sound that they started with it.

Of course, I can be wrong.

Def a possibility. I just hope not. Such a bland direction.

I hope they can at least return to the level of Sounds of a Playground...
Screams, more complex guitar work and more passion.

Just some kind of modern melodic metal... Mix of raw harsh cleans and screams(maybe some light growling), more electronics and hopefully more guitar melodies.

^I believe I'm describing the vocal style of Where The Dead Ships Dwell. That's what I'm trying to convey at least.

Something like Soilwork's latest album or Solution 45's songs(instrumentally wise)...

Hell, I wouldn't even care if they
went for a more prog sound.

Reactions: eochaid
Regarding the DVD, seems like they've done some sort of filming except for the shows as well. At least they filmed at 2112 restaurant. So hopefully there will be some sort of a documentary/video diary as well, it seems.

Regarding the DVD, seems like they've done some sort of filming except for the shows as well. At least they filmed at 2112 restaurant. So hopefully there will be some sort of a documentary/video diary as well, it seems.

If they are still filming stuff it means that the DVD is still some way from being released. Probably October/November time.

No they aren't filming, Peter posted a picture on Instagram from when they filmed at Restaurant 2112 for the DVD.

Hated the last album. Other than that I love mostly everything else they have done. The first five albums being absolute masterpiece's. I hope they can improve for the new album, but something tells me probably not.

Reactions: Laverna
ASOP had some good songs.

Mirror's Truth is a great thrashy song live, can't lie. Been part of like five epic circle pits during that shit since like 2011.

Abnegation, Alias, Chosen Pessimist, Delight and Angers, Move Through Me... All decent songs in my book. Emo lyrics forgivable.

Meanwhile, after doing a quick sweep of Sounds of a Playground... Wow. Even songs like "Enter Tragedy, Liberation, Darker Times and The Puzzle" that I thought were kind of meh filler tracks... Are all insanely higher quality songs than anything off Siren Charms.

Mirror's Truth is a great thrashy song live, can't lie. Been part of like five epic circle pits during that shit since like 2011.

Abnegation, Alias, Chosen Pessimist, Delight and Angers, Move Through Me... All decent songs in my book. Emo lyrics forgivable.

Meanwhile, after doing a quick sweep of Sounds of a Playground... Wow. Even songs like "Enter Tragedy, Liberation, Darker Times and The Puzzle" that I thought were kind of meh filler tracks... Are all insanely higher quality songs than anything off Siren Charms.
I agree.After siren Charms came out, Sounds of a playground sounded even better than ever to my ears.

Abnegation is from the EP, so doesn't count as part of ASOP. Eraser is another excellent song from the same EP. Apparently they put all of the good songs on that, for whatever reason.

With better Production The Mirror's Truth could have been a very good song. I just hate the guitar sound on it. I agree that it's much better live though.

Personally I do consider the lyrics on D&A unforgivable. They ruin the song for me, along with "pleeeasseee healll meee, I can't sleeeep" .... jeez. Just awful. My thoughts on TCP are well documented. Alias and MTM are OK, but I have no desire to listen to either song ever again.

Condemned was and is my favourite track from ASOP. Probably the only one I'd listen to again.