IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Dig the track titles for Battles. Can't wait to hear the actual songs!

Kind of surprised that "The End" and "The Truth" aren't back-to-back in the tracklisting, considering they've been marketed as two halves of a greater theme. Maybe "Like Sand" is some sort of interlude, or something experimental that would bridge the gap between End/Truth?

Also, Dark Tranquillity's new song is great! Super-impressed. Construct didn't do a whole lot for me (I was told to expect another Projector; to be fair, I don't think anything will ever match that) and We Are the Void was good but a little too safe for my tastes, so this is reassuring. Looking forward to Atoma. =D

Could never get into Insomnium, personally, though "At the Gates of Sleep" is a decent song. Listening to this new material doesn't really change my mind, but they're good at what they do.

So Battles is up for preorder on Amazon, and the 'slightly longer, epic' song tht Bjorn mentioned in the live Q&A is Wallflower as its over 7 minutes long everything else hovers between 3 and 4 and a half minutes, as per usual for an In Flames album.

So Battles is up for preorder on Amazon, and the 'slightly longer, epic' song tht Bjorn mentioned in the live Q&A is Wallflower as its over 7 minutes long everything else hovers between 3 and 4 and a half minutes, as per usual for an In Flames album.
I find that very interesting. I have a feeling that after reading the song titles this album will be like a love child between ASOP and SC, which is not something I'm excited about. But I'll still definitely give it a shot.

I'm just confused how they said they recorded 15 songs, but there are only 14 on all deluxe versions, and Itunes. why would they promote the fact they recorded 15 songs and then not use one of them?

From the Q&A seen here:

1:43 - "We got to take a look at the new videos The Truth and The End, and they're pretty decent."
Björn: "You watched them in the wrong order though, it should be the other song first, then the first one." (The End > The Truth)

2:09 "Who plays the most games?"
Björn points at himself.
Anders: "He gets applause for that?"

2:28 "Well done with the videos. Do the kids decide a lot of it?"
Anders: "Yeah. In The Truth it is... uhm... if we talk about the text; I've got severe difficulty understanding how we can be so terrible to one another.
A country can develop nuclear weapons and meanwhile we tell our children that "it'll be okay, go to school and eat your broccoli" and that... I love broccoli by the way, I actually have a sweater with a talking broccoli that Björn gave me - very nice sweater that is. It is green and I only wear it when I go to sleep."

3:17 "You play games with the kids?"
Anders: "My son has played an extreme amount of Overwatch." (Anders gets applause..) "Well whoop-dee-doo... - You (the audience) were much more enthusiastic with Björn."

Björn mentions having LAN parties on the tour bus back in the day and drinking "Jolt Cola". (Code for BEER, of course.)
Anders: "Those were the days."

4:00 "New album on the 11:th of November, did you intend it to be the release date? 11/11"
Anders: "Had no thought about it until now, so no."

4:22 "You've went far with your sound, and done a lot of different things, you sold IF Studios ahead of Siren Charms, went to Hansa Studios in Berlin, and all you had was a bag of riffs..."
Anders: "We didn't have that this time."
Interviewer: "Yeah, I was thinking... Off to Los Angeles, no drummer, a lot of setbacks - trying something new, were you afraid?"
Björn: "Nah I think... We always do the same procedure, if it feels good inside when you get the riffs and the melodies down the thought was, if it feels good, then it'll be okay in The End, which is naîve as fuck but it actually is that simple."

5:11 "How long were you there?"
Anders: "Eeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."
Björn: "About nine weeks? No? No. Eleven? Yeah. We hope the sound from L.A is present in the music just like Siren Charms."

(I'm picking up the speed with the interview, writing down everything will take hours.)

7:00 "You're going out on tour soon, do you have a new drummer?"
Anders: "We have a new drummer named Joe."
Björn: "That's about all we've got - "A Drummer Named Joe - The Band.""
Anders: "He was with us when recording the album so it is natural that he'd be in the band on tour. Just hope he gets familiar with living on the bus."

7:36 "He's a Jänkar-kille (American redneck idiot kind of person) då?"
Björn: "...Texas guy who's balls have dropped quite a bit."

"How old is he?"
Anders: "Seven"
Björn: "No, nonono, fourteen..."
Anders: "We asked his mom if he could tour with us."
Björn: "He's twenty-eight and a half."
Anders: "Feels great. Daniel's a fucker to replace (very hard to replace) so, yeah, that was a massive blow to deal with when he announced his departure." (I can feel sorrow in Anders' voice here. Seems like they indeed miss him a whole lot, which is understandable.) "...Then one day he just stood there, Joe, and I pointed at him "come with us" and that's that."
Björn: "That's EXACTLY what happened. -laughs-"

8:20 "You lost Daniel..."
Anders: Yeah we were home at my place when he told me he wanted out due to family and that's really the only excuse you need. Family first. (Paraphrasing.)

12:30 "Where will you practice for the upcoming tour?"
Anders: "Somewhere in Europe. And the hot guy from America will be with us as well."

13:23 "Will you play in Sweden?"
Björn: "Of course."
Anders:"Will be hella fun... (Sarcastic)"

Very important question.

13:45 "Who's best at cooking?"
Interviewer: "He is?"
Björn: "Oh yeah, no question about it."

14:28 "Very happy you guys could come - especially you, Björn."
Björn: "Especially me, yeah!"

14:45 "Quick last question: Why "Battles"? Is it about war or something? I mean we've seen the videos, so..."
Anders: "Eh, no it isn't, that's uhm.. well, we've ripped the fuck out of "Hardcore Henry". But no, it has nothing to do with wars. There are other bands who do that. These are inner Battles that we all have within throughout life."
Interviewer: "And that's the CD?"
Anders: "Yeah, I think so."

Last edited:
Pointless video and without band performance once again.I'm totally disappointed with the first two music videos...hopefully, this will be fixed with the release of a third single

Damn, so much money thrown into making this and they got two videos of shaky cam and too much slow motion shots.

Well, at least they got their fanbase right. 10 years ago, girls in their early teens were crazy about HIM and similar stuff, now, it's We are, We are, We are, We are, We are... and drummer Joe.

Next album - David Guetta ft. In Flames & Sia.

Idea for video. DJ stands and looks into camera, with flares going wild. Anders and girl singing or whatever, doing MTV top 20 moves, in front of some city/river/sea, random bunch of youth dressed in some trashy hipsterish quasi rock style with all the catalogue haircuts running around abandoned building. Some deeper meaning hidden. Slow motion in abundance. Success guarantied.

I've been listening the mp3 version of live DVD and I must say Anders is pretty awesome. He can still do the old songs pretty good and new ones are awesome. (Except for Paralyzed, I hate that song.) Anders is the star of the DVD right now, for me anyway.

Btw what the hell happened to 15th song?! I've seen 14 tracks everywhere!

Reactions: TheJestersDoor
I've been listening the mp3 version of live DVD and I must say Anders is pretty awesome. He can still do the old songs pretty good and new ones are awesome. (Except for Paralyzed, I hate that song.) Anders is the star of the DVD right now, for me anyway.

His vocal performance makes Where the dead ships dwell amazing on this dvd, especially when you see how much he struggled with that song in 2015. also what i noticed on this dvd, as this was the first tour after Siren Charms was released, he uses proper singing more and more confidently than he did throughout 2015 and it makes him sound a lot better for it, if he sings like he did in the dvd with some of the new stuff live, like the pre chorus and chorus of The End then that will be epic!

Reactions: ciko_gfb
His vocal performance makes Where the dead ships dwell amazing on this dvd, especially when you see how much he struggled with that song in 2015. also what i noticed on this dvd, as this was the first tour after Siren Charms was released, he uses proper singing more and more confidently than he did throughout 2015 and it makes him sound a lot better for it, if he sings like he did in the dvd with some of the new stuff live, like the pre chorus and chorus of The End then that will be epic!

Yeah I remember that he was struggling a lot when he sings clean parts but on this DVD he's close to perfect. As you say Where the Dead Ships Dwell is awesome and I really enjoyed With Eyes Wide Open.

Reactions: TheJestersDoor
Yeah I remember that he was struggling a lot when he sings clean parts but on this DVD he's close to perfect. As you say Where the Dead Ships Dwell is awesome and I really enjoyed With Eyes Wide Open.

Yeah, the chorus of When The World Explodes sounds awesome live too. The Quiet Place got an amazing rendition. Overall I would give the live Album a 7.5/10. Haven't had a chance to watch the DVD yet as it hasn't arrived in the post.