IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

DVD looks really good, well edited too, except with the beggining of Only For The Weak, as they have cut out the bit where Anders' invites a dude on stage, so he just suddenly appears out of nowhere as the song starts XD

Well My Bro orderrd it on amazon and as I busted all my money on one of the big Battles preorder bundles I haven't had the chance to buy it myself but I just stole it off of him for the afternoon, and put the cds on my iTunes.

Remember it includes the 2CD version of the concert as well as the blueray. It also has a lyric booklet of all the songs which is cool

Paralyzed from the DVD...

Listen to each chorus. Lot of vocal effect but sounds great and makes the song sound a lot more listenable. Liking the way the notes hook back and forth.

If they threw that type of vocal effect on the studio version(a lot like how The End sounds in that vocal solo part, almost auto-tuney) then Paralyzed would be the best song off SC for me.

I know a lot of people don't like the sound of that but I mean only if it's applied in a minimal way like how Anders singing sounds on the live DVD audio. Barely noticeable and flows really well

Yeah Paralyzed sounds awesome on the dvd. I still really enjoy the studio version too lol. The best part of The End (for me at least) is thst mellow section after the second chorus as Anders' vocals sound awesome (even if it is all studio magic)

Reactions: only4theweak187
Yeah you can hear the effects but it still sounds good.

Chorus sounds more melodic in that live audio.

Even Ropes' singing sounds great.
Almost identical to the record.

On Ropes bridges, most of Fear is The Weakness and a lot of Where Dead Ships Dwell... Anders is doing the harsh cleans that are like semi-screams really well too.

How is this achieved? Picking the best takes from both shows recorded and splicing them together + cleaning up/effects on the computer?

Edit - he also is singing the chorus for delight & angers by the way, instead of screaming the entire thing

Last edited:
Where can I find the "Battles" pre-order bundles?? What do they offer? Just different formats of the album? Digital, physical, deluxe and non-deluxe?

Go on In Flames' own website and follow the link to their merch site. EMP and Nuclear Blast also have bundles

I think they took a combination of best bits from both shows.
Sadly no like I said earlier. Hence the name "Sounds from the Heart of Gothenburg". I was at the Stockholm show and they filmed both shows, but apparently for some reason they only used the Gothenburg one. I'm pretty sure they would've sounded similar anyway so doesn't really matter. Could've been cool with both but obviously with the time this shit took maybe there was problems with it.

Anders can't sing these songs in any other video I've seen, but he is magically able to do so when a DVD is being released :D sure.

Reactions: eochaid
I meant the audio only Krofius

Would a vocalist actually have to go into a studio then sing the songs again then they just blend it together with audience sounds recorded from the show?

Or is it different audio takes(from both shows in this case) spliced together then touched up with a bit of effect to smooth it out?

Like, we know Used and Abused is dubbed... So Anders literally just re-sang all the songs in a studio?

It isn't re sang as a lot of the phone footage from the shows in gothenburg and Stockholm soundw very similar, especially In Plain view. Also, part of the final chorus of where the dead ships Dwell wad taken from stockholms show amd superimposed onto the gothenburg footage. Which I don't have a problem with, as both are live performances. If he literally went to a studio and sung the lines (which I doubt he did, as he would have had to do them intentionally mediorce at times) then I would be thoroughtly annoyed.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/in...e-always-divide-our-listeners-into-two-camps/

Wow there's so much hate in the comments section. I know BM is full of trolls but there are literally zero positive comments. IF have really pissed off a lot of people over the past few years heh. It makes me wonder how more popular would they be if they kept the Clayman sound or even the Come Clarity sound.
I dont understand this all haters.. they have their opinion about new style of IF and in 40 % they right but why they listen new stuff and write stupid posts. Dont like dont listen :d

What annoys me is yes, people are allowed to dislike new In Flames, but they have no right to constantly shit on their Facebook page and whatnot as it's just not fair. Some dude in the comments of The Truth got it right; he said something along the lines of 'sorry guys, I liked Siren Charms but this just doesn't do it for me'. The constant 'in flames died when jesper left' 'in flames suck' 'emo pop shit' 'next tour with Justin bieber' comments really piss me off.