IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

As for Jesper... great, he's fine now. Can't wait for his projects to be finally released. Soon. Right? Oh, wait...

Anyway, I wish the best for the dude, I don't want to hear about him hanging by his belt as well.
September new single and November album. And then he should have released more works since he left than his ex bandmates. Not bad for someone that's not working at all :p

Also changing subject to stop all that negativity usually coming from little jester, these days I'm listening a lot to winter's gate and it is an amazing album, far better than I gave credit when I first listened to it.

Yeah, I remember Anders changing "seeking sanctuary from this world, contrary" into "sinking to grave from this world, you scare me" (at least in some of the live versions). Maybe he was intentionally trying to make the song more positive?

Anders could rewrite the text now that most of the elitist assholes have stopped following the band. :)

He basically removed all the suicidal references and replaced them with vague "woe is me, my life is so hard" stuff. Standard Anders really. Probably best that he doesn't rewrite the lyrics now, god knows what he'd end up turning them into. Not to mention 75% of the song would be sung in that nasally tone and half the guitar melodies will be replaced be shitty studio synths. I'd rather have Subterranean's Stand Ablaze than a SC/Battles version.

Oh, and Slave, TCP's only purpose on a setlist is to put the audience to sleep. It sucks.

I do still see people on their facebook page comment that they should rerecord some of the older stuff like they did with Behind Space and Clad in Shadows. What they're forgetting is that In Flames rerecorded those songs when they were at their peak in the late 90's, and still a melodic death metal band. The Alt Rock/Metal In Flames of 2017 with only Anders and Bjorn remaining need to stay well away from the older material. They would definitely not do it justice. If they want to play it live then okay, but rerecordings should be out of the question.

Fortunately, neither Anders or Bjorn have ever expressed any desire to rerecord the older stuff so I don't think it'll ever happen. They're more likely to cover an entire Nine Inch Nails album (Slave would love that) than rerecord anything off Lunar or Sub.

Also changing subject to stop all that negativity usually coming from little jester, these days I'm listening a lot to winter's gate and it is an amazing album, far better than I gave credit when I first listened to it.

I've never been hugely into Insomnium, the vocals don't do much for me. I might have to give them another go at some point.

I had an N'Flaymz playlist on yesterday whilst cleaning the kitchen, and it was surprising how smoothly Sleepless Again transitioned into With Eyes Wide Open. The guitar tone on that song is so similar to ASOP that it could probably be inserted into that album without an eyebrow being raised.

I do still see people on their facebook page comment that they should rerecord some of the older stuff like they did with Behind Space and Clad in Shadows. What they're forgetting is that In Flames rerecorded those songs when they were at their peak in the late 90's, and still a melodic death metal band. The Alt Rock/Metal In Flames of 2017 with only Anders and Bjorn remaining need to stay well away from the older material. They would definitely not do it justice. If they want to play it live then okay, but rerecordings should be out of the question.

Fortunately, neither Anders or Bjorn have ever expressed any desire to rerecord the older stuff so I don't think it'll ever happen. They're more likely to cover an entire Nine Inch Nails album (Slave would love that) than rerecord anything off Lunar or Sub.
Agreed. Re recording old stuff must have a purpose, at least other than pleasing some fans.

I had an N'Flaymz playlist on yesterday whilst cleaning the kitchen, and it was surprising how smoothly Sleepless Again transitioned into With Eyes Wide Open. The guitar tone on that song is so similar to ASOP that it could probably be inserted into that album without an eyebrow being raised.
Dunno, I have not listened to sc in years and I find wewo boring.

've never been hugely into Insomnium, the vocals don't do much for me. I might have to give them another go at some point.
I did not like their cleans, but I've listened a lot to them in the last few months and I'm liking them a lot, with the exception of a few songs. These four are probably the ones that made me listen to them with more interest:

And winter's gate is definitely worth a listening.

I listen to Insomnium all the time, all their albums. Probably about once a month. There's no bad song in my opinion but my top ones would be, in no order, Daughter of the Moon, Lay of the Autumn, Last Statement, Unsung, Change of Heart, Drawn to Black. Shit, I could go on and on.

Reactions: eochaid
I've been regularly listening to them for the past few months and never grow tired of it.

I like how they keep on adding new layers to their music with every album.

I was listening to the Passenger album last night. It struck me that if it was released today under the In Flames banner people would probably hail it as some kind of masterpiece. Krofius would be like "DEM GROWLZ DOE" and Slave would be demanding that Circles opened shows.

Funny thing is I thought at the time and still think that the Passenger album was good, and I wish Anders had taken his nu metal/alt metal tendencies there and left In Flames as melodic metal. But dat money, I guess.

The existence of that album is a paradox that should have made implode our space and time.

STYE was basically a second Passenger album. There isn't too much difference between them.

I wish Passenger had released STYE, ASOP and Siren Charms. That way In Flames discography from 2002 would just read Reroute to Remain, Come Clarity, Sounds of a Playground Fading and Battles. Pretty solid. Anders could go tour with Passenger when he wanted to do all this alt rock/metal shit. In Flames meanwhile would have much better setlists when they toured. Everyone wins.

Reactions: Pallbearer
I keep my words. The existence of the passenger album is a paradox, an anomaly that breaks the rules of this universe that Anders has created.

:rofl:

Yes. One of the rules of this universe is that Anders can do whatever he wants, musically speaking, and stick it into the band.

Now, since there's a Passenger album it may imply two different conclusions:

1. He could not release those songs with if. Impossible since they use the band to do the music that they want to.
2. He did not wanted to release those songs.

And this is when the world explodes.

Considering how ridiculous N'Flaymz touring schedule was around this time it's amazing Anders even had time to record an album for a side project.

Band Line Up:

Anders Friden - In Flames
Niclas Engelin - Gardenian
Patrik J. Sten - Transport League
Håkan Skoger - Headplate

In Reverse Video

Passenger actually did tour very briefly around New Year 2003 going into 2004, opening for Moonspell, Lacuna Coil and Poisonblack. Not sure why they were with these bands as they aren't gothic metal, but whatever. They never toured again and went on indefinite hiatus, but plans to secretly reform Passenger began in 2011 when Niclas Engelin infiltrated In Flames and Anders' master plan of reuniting the core of Passenger under the In Flames banner finally took shape. Anders failed to get Sten or Skoger to reconsider this reunion, so instead he replaced Daniel with Christian Joe and Peter with some dude called Bryce Paul.

Passenger are finally scheduled to release their long awaited follow up to their self-titled debut album some time in 2019, under the band name "In Flames" to capitalise on the brand's popularity.

Oh, and guess who replaced Peter on the In Flames European shows? Håkan Skoger.