IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

I think that it's going to be shit. Honestly. So I can be surprised by a band actually putting some effort into their music instead of making generic easy to catch commercial bullshit.

Reactions: TheJestersDoor
No doubt in my mind that it'll be bottom three, it'll just be a case of whereabouts in the bottom three it sits. I think it's pretty clear from the first two singles alone that production and songwriting quality is still way below SOAPF. I imagine this will be a slightly better version of Battles, or slightly worse, but either way listening to the album will probably only be a little more preferable than taking a dump in my underwear.

Yeah that sounds about right. It's just a question where does it stand in relation to SC and Battles.

So far we've had one decent and one awful song (Nail/TO, End/Truth). We're in for a mediocre heavier track next I guess.

I fail to understand how current nflaymz can't see what does the fanbase want just by watching reactions to their singles, even just plain views, downloads and likes.

No, you'll never hit real mainstream, and no, you'll never be trendy, so just stop trying and faking it already.

This is wayyyyy below SOAPF level, and the production does irritate me a lot, but idk, I have hope it'll be at least listenable. Tnhe thing that annoys me are the super fans who get all defensive on social media and try to shun anyone who says anything to criticise their beloved In Flames. At least for me, the fact I like In Flames as much as I do means I'm going to be MORE critical of it. IF has a weird fan base... At least we all have here where we can actually have a proper discussion about it and take the piss out of people without getting the Internet police all over us XD

Reactions: eochaid
I think it'll probably be a Battles-like album. Probably not going to be one of my favorites, but we'll see. Battles had that SiriusXM Octane vibe to it that I can't stand in the least (bands from that channel even helped write the album, ffs), so as long as they veer away from that, I think I'll be content. "(This is Our) House" put a damper on those hopes, unfortunately.

Whether it's good or bad, it doesn't matter. I just want it to sound like In Flames. Any In Flames, from TJR to Siren Charms. Fingers crossed.

I think that the next single will probably be that power ballad. So we'll see what they want to achieve with this album and what's the real effort behind it. I'll be glad if there's one more aong that I can listen to.

Thinking about it, it's slowly becoming clear that SOAPF is the last real IF album. It was not a letter of intent as we've thought back then, but a closing chapter.

Stuff after that is pretty much a different project with some ex-IF members, some IF influences and IF logo.

Next single will be I, The Mask ( if the rumors are true ). The power ballad is Call My Name.
IAA is an excellent track for me and quite fun to play ( I've just learned it on the guitar:D ). After listening to it, everything from Battles feels slow. House is almost unlistenable. I have a good feeling about this album, though. I think it's going to be a much improved version of Battles with elements of SOAPF.
Next single will certainly make things clear.

Next single will be I, The Mask ( if the rumors are true ). The power ballad is Call My Name.
IAA is an excellent track for me and quite fun to play ( I've just learned it on the guitar:D ). After listening to it, everything from Battles feels slow. House is almost unlistenable. I have a good feeling about this album, though. I think it's going to be a much improved version of Battles with elements of SOAPF.
Next single will certainly make things clear.

I've been playing IAA for a while, It's good fun. Learned The Puzzle earlier, that track is really fun too

Reactions: Ilias7
Learned The Puzzle earlier, that track is really fun too

I've never tried to learn it. I'll give it a shot soon.

Right now, I'm addicted to playing the intro/chorus riff of IAA ( it has a nice groove ), as well as the verse riff. Moreover, I really like that the bridge riff is harmonized the second time you play it.

Thinking about it, it's slowly becoming clear that SOAPF is the last real IF album. It was not a letter of intent as we've thought back then, but a closing chapter.

Stuff after that is pretty much a different project with some ex-IF members, some IF influences and IF logo.

Yep, pretty much this. SC and Battles are not IF sound to me. I don't recognise House as In Flames either. I Am Above is OK. Overall though the only reason I retain interest in IF is because of their past work, and coming here to chat shit with you guys about them. I don't take them seriously as a band nowadays. I'm not expecting anything good from them. They're just a joke to me, something to laugh about, and that's sad. I still expect good things from DT, Soilwork, Arch Enemy, ATG and pretty much all of the other bands I really loved when I first got into metal. In Flames are the only band who have become a total joke to me... but at the same time, mostly thanks to this place, still the band I talk the most about :D

The only real problem with In Flames is that somewhere ten years ago Anders decided that he should write music for his children. And since then, the only thing he is trying to do is writing music that his kids will like.

So I'm saying the negative SC reviews were mostly low effort, you say the positive SC reviews were mostly low effort... damn! The problem is, I can admit to the latter, but you will never to the former.

As for This is our House, I was just kidding with the anti-immigration theme. Anders has been writing songs about global destruction for decades now, so even if *puts tinfoil hat on* he deliberately wrote it to have a double-meaning and actually intended it to be against the migrants, he has a very good alibi to cover him, so we will never know. Unless he will point at refugees during this song on live shows to be ejected from the crowd. Now that would be something!

Guys, unpopular opinion which has never been said on this board, but... I think SOAPF was and will be the last good IF album. Guys, do you agree? I may be wrong here, it's just my honest, original opinion. Let's discuss this!

So I'm saying the negative SC reviews were mostly low effort, you say the positive SC reviews were mostly low effort... damn! The problem is, I can admit to the latter, but you will never to the former.
There were some really good negative reviews. There were some effortless negative reviews. You just care about them not liking sc.

The only real problem with In Flames is that somewhere ten years ago Anders decided that he should write music for his children. And since then, the only thing he is trying to do is writing music that his kids will like.
If he really thinka this way then he does not understand children at all. They're complex and like a wide variety of music. You don't need to create something specifically for them. They like what they like.

Reactions: DE4life