IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Overall - 5/10 - the lack of speed on this album is probably what turns me off the most. I'm not interested in doom, industrial, or other genres where the guitars sound so slow and neutered. This is probably what annoys me most about Construct, along with the irritating industrial sounding guitar/synth tone which just doesn't sound good to my ears. Not enough speed or energy across the board. Album lacks punch, although technically decent in many places. A few decent tracks but this album is mostly as I remembered it, kind of bland with a lot of uninspired, same-sounding riffs and a largely plodding speed.

That's it. I like doom, some industrial and experimental music, so Construct does it for me. Also I guess that's the reason a lot of you guys aren't into Insomnium or early/mid Opeth.

Reactions: eochaid
I prefer insomnium than opeth. They've got many elements that just aren't there for Akerfeldt's, including reminiscences from old in flames. It's more melancholic but also more agressive and more melodeath. It's a shame that people just judges them for the voice of the vocalist.

Also, looks like Joe Rickard played drums on (most of?) I, the Mask.

(Source: https://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/music/band/discography/details/5732618.70926.i-the-mask.html)

Anders: "Instead of being connected we divide ourselves into all of these little groups and if you scratch the surface most people's lives are miserable."

He knows about the forums.

Also, looks like "This is Our House" is more about climate change and related issues and not nationalism. Good man. Song's still iffy though.
The evolution thing again. No wonder that people is waiting to see a monkey suddenly turning into a human.

it was important for Fridén to challenge himself on the album and take vocal lessons three days a week in order to expand his own arsenal of abilities. “I wanted to do something new and take things to another level when it came to the vocals,” he explains. “I know what I'm capable of and I feel more confident today taking higher notes and being able to push my voice in a higher register

Yeah, that's what we all want to hear. Ander Friden voice in higher register. It is painful enough as it is.

“The way we write music is super challenging but it's also super rewarding,”Gelotte explains

Just LOL.

The instrumentation on the album is pretty straight-forward on this album, but there are so many layers in a lot of these songs that if you're interested you can really dig into it and it will live on for a long time

Woohoo. So, basic instrumentation and countless layers of studio magic and awkward electro-thingies beneath, while Christian Joe does his best impression of Commodore 64.

Reactions: eochaid
Hahahaha, you guys are amazing!

Random dude reviews Siren Charms on his shitty website: "Lmao, where is old In Flames? This is so weak, and bad, man, In Flames was so good. You remember when they were good? The Jester Race, maaan, so good. Very good record, yes. Jesper was also very good, yes-yes, Jesper is good. This record has no Jesper on it. Very bad. Anders sucks lol. 2/10"

You guys: "Wow, nice write-up!! Seems like the critics are already panning SC! I guess it's a shitty record then."

------

Random dude reviews I, The Mask: "Fuck the haters, this record is good!"

You guys: "OMFG, THIS IS SO UNPROFESSIONAL!! YOU CALL THIS A CRITIC? THIS CAN NOT BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY WTF!!!!!!!!!4444444444444444444444

Am I in the Truman Show? If so, let me out, please. My brain is but a fragment of what it was when I joined.

Hahahaha, you guys are amazing!

Random dude reviews Siren Charms on his shitty website: "Lmao, where is old In Flames? This is so weak, and bad, man, In Flames was so good. You remember when they were good? The Jester Race, maaan, so good. Very good record, yes. Jesper was also very good, yes-yes, Jesper is good. This record has no Jesper on it. Very bad. Anders sucks lol. 2/10"

You guys: "Wow, nice write-up!! Seems like the critics are already panning SC! I guess it's a shitty record then."

------

Random dude reviews I, The Mask: "Fuck the haters, this record is good!"

You guys: "OMFG, THIS IS SO UNPROFESSIONAL!! YOU CALL THIS A CRITIC? THIS CAN NOT BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY WTF!!!!!!!!!4444444444444444444444

Am I in the Truman Show? If so, let me out, please. My brain is but a fragment of what it was when I joined.

Yes, this is just a whole elaborate plan to make sure you are as triggered as possible. You’re on to all of us.

LoL. But seriously I know what you are talking about. I never take reviews seriously. It’s like other people telling me what to think and feel about something. My opinions are my own.

Reactions: Jester Slave
Yes, this is just a whole elaborate plan to make sure you are as triggered as possible. You’re on to all of us.

LoL. But seriously I know what you are talking about. I never take reviews seriously. It’s like other people telling me what to think and feel about something. My opinions are my own.
Exactly. Even mainstream review sites can be sketchy, but you should have seen the shithow around Siren Charms. People were jerking their cocks to some noname reviewers' 1 star ratings. LIke holy shit, give me 5 minutes to recreate their website and call myself a semi.-professional reviewer, so I can join the fun! Obnoxious as fuck.

Reactions: Vermyn
Exactly. Even mainstream review sites can be sketchy, but you should have seen the shithow around Siren Charms. People were jerking their cocks to some noname reviewers' 1 star ratings. LIke holy shit, give me 5 minutes to recreate their website and call myself a semi.-professional reviewer, so I can join the fun! Obnoxious as fuck.
SC is shit. You'll never get over it.

Just to make myself clear, I don't like it when reviewers are absolute and without justification...I don't care if they think SC was shit or if the new album is the best record ever produced. Just write what you want to say, while respecting the band's efford and other people's opinion.
I'm just expecting some professionalism, no matter what.
Personally, I enjoyed SC. Battles was mediocre. I have a good feeling for I, The Mask.

It must be a hell of a job to write your opinions down on paper or a website and be paid for it. That’s what we are doing here pro bono

Reactions: Jaymzkrueger
No, my problem is with the double-standard here towards dogshit reviewers. You like them when it fits your narrative, you get upset when it doesn't.

And there lies the issue with society today in general about literally everything.

No, my problem is with the double-standard here towards dogshit reviewers. You like them when it fits your narrative, you get upset when it doesn't.
But the good reviews had no narrative at all. Just generic empty sentences like they have evolved or this is no melodeath anymore. There was nothing to say about the music or the quality. Just a well paid advertisement by the record label.