IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

I'm just kidding, SC is in my bottom two IF albums but I think I gave it a 6.5/10 on rereview. I do think a lot of the songs on the album are destroyed by shit vocals, similar to ASOP, but I like Through Oblivion, With Eyes Wide Open, Dead Eyes and Become the Sky. Basically all the ballads. Any song where they tried to be metal was a fail.

Siren Charms could have been a good EP.

Essential:
1. With Eyes Wide Open — Legit good, cool to see other people agree on that.
2. Paralyzed — Good song with real display of emotion. Good build up, cool solo.
3. Filtered Truth — Solid song, good solo especially the part after the scales. Weird key that reminds me of Serial Experiments Lain (oh shit am I a neckbeard?)

4. Dead Eyes — Good idea but too long. Should have condensed the number of chorus repeats. Including here mostly because I like the return of the bluesy guitar.

Supplemental:
5. The Chase — Take it or leave it. Kind of bland but the solo is nice.
6. Become the Sky — Just realized I probably only heard this song once before because it’s not on Apple Music. I’ll put it here for now.

I'll play too!

In Plain View — shit

Everything's Gone — really shit

Paralyzed — mildly shit

Through Oblivion — inoffensive shit

With Eyes Wide Open — phantom shit (I actually do like this one)

Siren Charms — freaky shit

When the World Explodes — explosive shit

Rusted Nail — generic shit

Dead Eyes — slow shit

Monsters in the Ballroom — dumb shit

Filtered Truth — HIM shit

The Chase — average shit

Beyond the Sky — above average shit

shit/shit, shitty.
Fuck. You've just read my mind.

Reactions: A88
The thing is that Anders is so bad on that album that you erase him and people starts thinking that the songs are any good. Well no. They are just not as bad as with the vocals, but they're still bad.

ASOP without vocals is decent or even good album. SC without vocals is still pretty bland, just not terrible.

Reactions: eochaid
Yeah I really don’t get instrumental SC. The whole point is to showcase the vocals. Even ASOP isn’t that exciting instrumentally. The songs were written with vocals in mind. Yeah you can hear more details, but that doesn’t make the songs better.

Reactions: eochaid
Not all instrumental music needs to be some kind of masterpiece. If you're looking for complexity from SC then you're looking at the wrong band in general.

SC is really nice background music. I don't have to sit and focus on it. It's pretty cool to have playing whilst I'm doing other things. I think the fact the music was created to supplement the vocals gives it a nice, chilled rhythm. If I wanted quality, complex instrumental music I wouldn't be looking for in flames minus vocals.

I posted wrong link before. This preview has a really dark vibe. Sick riff and some weird effect on screaming vocals. I'm hyped!

And if the video of the teaser is anything to go for, we'll actually get a video with the song! Looking forward to something kinda dark, and a bit of a look into what they're going for with the story of the art

Reactions: Ilias7
I'm excited because I wonder how they will disappoint us this time!

To be fair I have faith from what I've heard so far, even tho TIOH was average at best. I listen to things like Hands Like Houses and The New Age, all the way through to things like Architects and All Shall Perish, on top of melodeath such as DT and Scar Symmetry, so I'm more than up for some simplified In Flames if it's good. Key thing being good. Battles wasn't good.

The riff does sound very good, reminds me of something but I can't tell what. I just hope those vocal effects arent on the whole song. If it's done in a good way it could sound cool, just for an intro to a verse or some small part or whatever, but if it's during all verses it's going to be bad. I doubt it's on the whole song though.

They have fooled us before with previews. I remain cautiously optimistic.

I listen to things like Hands Like Houses and The New Age, all the way through to things like Architects and All Shall Perish, on top of melodeath such as DT and Scar Symmetry, so I'm more than up for some simplified In Flames if it's good.
Hands Like Houses is awesome. I love their song Antarctica. But the vocals are a big part, IF can’t compete with that no matter what Bjorn and Niclas do.

Reactions: TheJestersDoor