IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Yeah I remember distinctly with Rusted Nail they released a snippet of the intro it sounded fucking awesome, and then it turned out to be the weirdest track in a while.

Well I mean you laugh but I don't see it as a negative thing, it's worded in a PR way obviously but still. Lets see how crushing the riffage in the song ''Burn'' is, if the description is true at all.

Yeah, the dude is many years too late with this, but at least he has finally done it. He had absolutely no need to do it other than actually wanting to improve, so I'm glad. We'll probably hear the difference live more than o nthe record, since it will be artificially enhanced anyway.

Reactions: Ilias7
Sounds like a part of the song before they hit the solo or possibly between the chorus and a verse. Either way it does sound really meaty.

I have to give credit to Anders and Bjorn, at least they are trying new things even if they don’t always sound good to me. At least they are moving forward. Or somewhere.

As for taking vocal lessons 3x per week, sounds a little like cramming to me. Why not do it year round on the road?

Haha nice recording. Definitely improved on the cleans. His growls sounded loose but otherwise good to me. I like the natural variation.

For sure. It still amazes me that this guy, the vocalist on Colony, the vocalist on Come Clarity, and the vocalist on Siren Charms are all the same person. He's undergone so many revisions in style.

Yeah, the dude is many years too late with this, but at least he has finally done it. He had absolutely no need to do it other than actually wanting to improve, so I'm glad. We'll probably hear the difference live more than o nthe record, since it will be artificially enhanced anyway.
And the same hapoened with battles. Still the result was shit because he lacks something important, ear.

Anders clearly wanted to start clean singing 17 years ago when they released Reroute. He's had a long time to take singing seriously so it's baffling that he's waited this long to start. I guess "I know I'm not a good singer but all that matters is the emotion" excuse fell flat after those embarrassing acoustic performances. No ProTools to save him there.

Not going to get excited over soundbytes either. You could take a few seconds of almost any song from SC or Battles and in isolation it'd sound good. IF issue has been releasing songs that are good from beginning to end, there's always something in there that drags everything down. We'll see tomorrow whether this latest track is any good.

It's possible to learn to hold a note and have the right breathing movements for adequete singing. That side of it isn't beyond Anders. His natural voice is what it is and it's never going to sound mainstream singing good, but he can still be taught to sound competent live. The problem is that this can take a long time for somebody who isn't a natural, let alone somebody who has spent close to 30 years damaging his voicebox with bad screaming techniques on top of bad singing techniques. Even doing 3 lessons a week there will only be a marginal improvement for Anders at best. I wouldn't expect to see any kind of serious improvement until the next album, and that's only if he could keep the vocal training to 2/3 times a week during that entire 2-3 year period.

His problem is not about holding a note. His problem id about singing the right notes in a sequence. He just can't. He needs more than 3 lessons a week.

He can't hold a note live, so that is a problem, but of course he can sing the right notes in a sequence, he just needs to be taught how. Whether it sounds good or not is another matter, but it can be done. It will just take a long time for somebody like him, and it's a shame he didn't take it more seriously earlier in his career, as he could sound OK by now. Instead he hid behind the "all it needs is emotion" excuse until now, and it's really late to admit that was actually bullshit.

You hear it when they use the prerecorded vocals live. He's unable to sing the right note. That's a problem because it's instinct. He can be teached to hold a certain note but, what will happen if, by chance, they change the guitat tunning on a certain tone? He will need to be teach again to sing the right note. That's not easy.

Exactly, that's why he needed to get serious about this a lot earlier. It's not like a school exam where you can do an overnight cram and maybe get lucky with the questions. This takes a lot of time and effort.

It's disappointing. For battles he took classes and what he learned is that lowering his voice tone would lead to less mistakea. Basically what everyone playing guitar hero in the ps knows. What he has learned this time we'll see live and acoustic.