IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Will listen to voices when home from work, but have managed to download it at least! Boi get ready for a fan boy review later

Reactions: Riamu
I'm still downloading Voices (thanks btw), but at the 2 minute mark in I, The Mask, it is a 1 on 1 recycle of another IF songs' breakdown. Please someone remember which as I don't want my ocd to take over and go through every single one of them. It was a song between the R2R and SOAPF era somewhere.

edit: nvm, I think it's Drenched In Fear

edit 2: I'm not sure now, but I'm 100000000000000000000000% sure it was in another song. Immedietly popped into my head.

I'm not from Sweden.

I'm still downloading Voices (thanks btw), but at the 2 minute mark in I, The Mask, it is a 1 on 1 recycle of another IF songs' breakdown. Please someone remember which as I don't want my ocd to take over and go through every single one of them. It was a song between the R2R and SOAPF era somewhere.

edit: nvm, I think it's Drenched In Fear

I'm not from Sweden.
And that's not you. I am the highway.

I'm not from Sweden.

No, but then I've heard people lie on the internet.

Voices is fine, I guess. Chorus sounds like it came from Battles. Intro is long (over a minute) but not very interesting. Just a bunch of electronic sounds, mostly. Riffs in this one are pretty boring too.

This all sounds like stuff they've already done before, but not the good stuff. Voices & I, the Mask are just making music for the sake of it. There's no passion or creativity here whatsoever. Bjorn is still doing the same pointless, meandering wanky solos at the 3/4 mark, Anders is still doing screams over repeated, uninspired riffs and the chorus is always Anders trying to sing, but it's not like SOAPF where a lot of the choruses were at least epic and catchy. These are just shit.

This is basically going to be Battles II. I expected nothing less when I saw they were working with Benson again.

Now instead I look forward to new Cyhra.

The way I've found it is that it was such an obvious fucking copy, that I remembered that the lyrics in that song started with "Forget", so I just searched for IF lyrics with forget in it, and what do you know, it's the same fucking shit lol.

edit: except ITH is good. I mean, I, the Mask is not bad, but mehh, even if we ignore the absolute blatant copying, it's mediocre at best. Disappointed. Let's see Voices now.

Reactions: mindd
No, I've found it!!! Man, it feels so good when you finally fins shit like this...

Anyway, it's I am the Highway, fastforward to 2:18~

ffs
I've listened to I, The Mask for a couple of times now and still don't remember shit from this song, it's kinda generic
Except for that one bit
That's what it was

Now I'm gonna listen to both songs from my speakers so that I can be sure that they are as bad as they sond from my headphones.

No, I've found it!!! Man, it feels so good when you finally fins shit like this...

Anyway, it's I am the Highway, fastforward to 2:18~

It's embarrassing that they go back to recycling these riffs that aren't even that good to begin with. Even on I'm the Highway, which is way down my list of IF favourites, you can hear how much more inspired it is musically than the shit that's coming out in the last couple of albums. This band sounds so neutered now, like somebody has put a gun to their heads and forced them to write music.

Reactions: Jester Slave