IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Before krofi-kun comes with the no star wars rule...

2160a6569dbc99c458e612fb00de22d8.jpg

I don't cringe at all their solos, even in IAA the solo is pretty neat, but these two songs could've done without it, or could've had much better ones.

Haven't checked the lyric video yet but lmao, how can you get upset of Anders using "jester" in his lyrics? It's a big part of IF culture, so it's pretty cool to have a comeback. I'd really dig a record which tells tales about the Jester - relateable ones, of course.

Reactions: Ilias7
I say goodbye to you all at once -

Don't dare to face you all alone.

I went from wreckage to world class with a box of t-shirts and some more records to sell

but times have changed - I have to defend my actions.

The foundation crumbles and I have to leave.

Thanks for everything - I couldn't ask for more...

I say I love you all... as I vanish through the Jester's Door.

I'd really dig a record which tells tales about the Jester - relateable ones, of course.

Maybe if somebody other than Anders was writing the lyrics. Otherwise it'd just be about how the Jester is sad and alone and weak and frightened, and some unnamed female Jester broke his heart and he needs to be healed because he can't sleep (whilst Bjorn rips off the riffs from Sleepless Again).

No thanks.

Maybe if somebody other than Anders was writing the lyrics. Otherwise it'd just be about how the Jester is sad and alone and weak and frightened, and some unnamed female Jester broke his heart and he needs to be healed because he can't sleep (whilst Bjorn rips off the riffs from Sleepless Again).

No thanks.
I'll take it. Every story is simple when you skin it down to the bone. Even most of your favorite tales, movie and tv series plots' are extremely down the core. I mean, even the most ancient tales are about "a boy loves a girl..." or some variation of this. There is no problem with Jester being sad, alone, weak and frightened, or having a love interest in his life. Write some neat music around it, and we are set.

I'll take it. Every story is simple when you skin it down to the bone. Even most of your favorite tales, movie and tv series plots' are extremely down the core. I mean, even the most ancient tales are about "a boy loves a girl..." or some variation of this. There is no problem with Jester being sad, alone, weak and frightened, or having a love interest in his life. Write some neat music around it, and we are set.

Yeah, but the difference is that those stories normally have some kind of resolution where the character ends up stronger than before. With Anders it's just a never-ending pity party.

Phobiac has definitely taken Slave's vacated seat on the IF Jedi Council :D

The new songs are basic, generic modern IF. Objectively, anyway. This happens for every album though, people go crazy over the new songs just because they're new. Opinions will be very different in six months, I'm sure.

Fear me.

And nah, there’s no ulterior motive here. I just like what I like. It’s encouraging to hear a good new song after a mediocre album, but even more so when I think the song is great on its own. I’m very excited about it, but yeah. Sucks that others don’t agree. That’s been the case with this band for quite a few years now.

Not comparing the songs here, but it’s sort of like when I first heard Take This Life back in the day and was freaking out over how awesome it was. When I logged in to my MSN group chat, they were all trashing it. Thought I was on another planet. So it’s nothing new. :D

Reactions: Ilias7
Pretty cool detail I didn't notice in the lyric video at first, at 1:30 there's pictures of many older albums hanging.
Also it was second time hearing The Mask, it grew a bit on me, still don't really like the chorus though.
Also people seemed to react to this song much better than I thought, many seem to really like it. I wouldn't say people are always hyped like someone here said, cause reaction to This is our House definitely wasn't hyped, and not The Truth either, or Through Oblivion which had like 50% dislikes at start. Doesn't mean people will love The Mask forever but initial reactions seems much more positive than I thought it'd be.

By the way when was the last time they just jumpstarted the song with vocals, was it all way back to Vacuum or am I forgetting some song?

Last edited:
LOL, Soilwork videos.

I can't tell where does NFO stops and Soilwork begins.

Reactions: eochaid
I, The Mask

Intro and verse — ASOP style riffs and sound. Condemned? Disconnected?

Pre-Chorus — Pattern exactly stolen from The End
“I can't tell you what to do
This crossword is our own
But I know what we'll become
The outcast on the run
Do you think about the end?”

Chorus — Battles chorus with harmonies. Greatest Greed?

“Modern riff”

Solo

Solo transition to chorus exactly lifted from The End pattern again