IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

6zsw.gif

Reactions: Ilias7
I buy every In Flames album because I can't get off this wild ride. I have faith in my boys...

...is what I said before Spotify existed.
To be fair, their artwork game has been on fucking point since ASOP at least. Beautiful, cool covers and artworks everywhere, and I, The Mask already seems better in these terms than Battles or SC. SOAPF is probably the best currently, though I have a sweet spot for ASOP.

It's not something you expect from bands, but really fucking cool when they care about this.

Jester you know them? :p

No, but I absolutely detest bands like this. There are a bunch of (not really radical, though some are) nationalist rock bands here, and they all sound the same. Same old boring fucking rock, with lyrics about how proud of a Hungarians they are. None of them are really mainstream, they pretty much tour from village to village, and if you've seen one of their fans, you've seen them all.

I prefer this much more.

So, we have 3 official singles until now. 1 commercial (House) and 2 heavy (IAA, ITM). Next single will be Burn and according to NB it has some "relentless riffing", so I suppose it's in the same vein with IAA and ITM. If we leave Voices out of the equation (since it's not an official single), we have 3 out of 4 scheduled singles with heavier sound and 1 with commercial sound. I was wondering if this is representative of the whole album or if the rest of it will be full of power ballads, fillers and weird experimentations. As somebody else here said, when I read the first interview with Anders from inside the studio while recording the album, I got the impression that there are more cleans and some various screams here and there.

Personally, I like what I've listened to so far and I couldn't resist preording I, the Mask. :D

I'm interested to hear Burn. There's usually at least 3 or 4 songs I'm OK with, even from modern IF albums, and by the sounds of it Burn might be one of those off I, the Mask.

Also

giphy.gif

One thing is for sure, this record won't lack identity than Battles. Songs on battles were like a bunch of christmas candy wrapped in, but when you tried to unwrap them, it was empty, because some asshole in your family ate them and wrapped it back. So you wrapped it back yourself and kept around the house, because it's always nice to look at it once in a while, but you know that there is nothing inside.

There a few exceptions, namely the songs I listed as EP materials, but that's it.

So, we have 3 official singles until now. 1 commercial (House) and 2 heavy (IAA, ITM). Next single will be Burn and according to NB it has some "relentless riffing", so I suppose it's in the same vein with IAA and ITM. If we leave Voices out of the equation (since it's not an official single), we have 3 out of 4 scheduled singles with heavier sound and 1 with commercial sound. I was wondering if this is representative of the whole album or if the rest of it will be full of power ballads, fillers and weird experimentations. As somebody else here said, when I read the first interview with Anders from inside the studio while recording the album, I got the impression that there are more cleans and some various screams here and there.

Personally, I like what I've listened to so far and I couldn't resist preording I, the Mask. :D

He also said in another interview that it was "heavier" than Battles and more "Guitar driven". He's also compared it to SoaPF, so you never know, the majority of the album could be like it

To add to your previous conversation, I believe that a really good song requires more than 3 listenings in order to fully comprehend it. Of course, there should be some elements that will catch your attention in the first place and everytime you listen to it you notice even more interesting things. When I listen to a song one time and immediately I like it and I can understand every aspect of it, I can tell that in a month I will be bored of it (The Truth, Through My Eyes, Save Me...the main problem with Battles in general). On the contrary, there are songs that I think that they are simply ok at first, but after a while they grow on me and I realize how brilliant they actually are (Before I Fall, Paralyzed, Fear Is The Weakness).

PS: @krofius knows so much personal info regarding the band, that I could easily believe he is Anders. Although, he despises House so there is no way that this is true.
Plot Twist: Anders actually hates this stuff and Bjorn is forcing him to do them.