IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Well if you just download the first leak of the album which was very late December it's going to be the Alissa version.

Watching the ASOP studio diaries for the first time in 11 years.

What a bunch of jokers.

Fuck I didn't think I'd miss long-haired Anders this much. It's like he's been three different human beings throughout his career with IF.

Reactions: mindd and eochaid
Yeah I always thought that was a pretty cool image. “This is what you will look like when you’re old.” Niklas Sundin knows things.

Damn, what a garbage interviewer. If I bashed metal chicks the other day it's only fair to bash these lowlife, 2 kool 4 skool motherfuckers as well. Dude probably has tattoos all the way to his arsehole, wears a ripped jean and a closeted gay haircut, but can't fucking handle an interview to save his life. Geee, the questions from the fans are not collected yet, what could I possibly ask from a basically founding member of In Flames with a ~25 years old history.... yeah, nothing at all, so let's just stare awkwardly into the cam, and tell him to talk about the album or sth, I don't know, I have a tattoo appointment coming up in 30 minutes so that's all I can think for.

Björn mentions lazyness, but I am not sure if what he described can be called that. I don't think anyone is lazy who is not jamming their guitars 0-24 between tour and recording sessions. I know he IS lazy, but not for these reasons.

It's interesting to hear that Anders sends out the first draft as to which songs he thinks they should play, though I guess it makes sense. One of the main reasons a song may not get much live playtime is because it may be too hard to sing. But man, the thoughts of Reflecting The Storm debuting... brrr, that would be awesome. For those of course who get to see it, because apparently fuck us! Anyway, I'm curious which new old songs will make the live setlist.

Also, ladies and gents: hone your radars on a Call My Name leak, because apparently that song is spicy.

Reactions: Ilias7 and eochaid
It's interesting to hear that Anders sends out the first draft as to which songs he thinks they should play, though I guess it makes sense.
As he said, he is above.

(Anders Friden's In Flames feat. Bjorn Gelotte as special guest. New album I The Mask available march, 1.)

They've got Few diamonds out recently, they played All For Me, Moonshield + Jesters Dance, Superhero, Dead Alone (which i got to see!) darker times, colony, dawn of a new day, to name a few, all just in the last 2 years.

Reactions: Ilias7
Playing songs from Anders past band until they have a catalogue enough.

Or to please In Flames fans that might attend their shows.

You can follow the obvious jokes or you can be like krofius. It's no funny if you choose the second option.

I think Bjorn’s just really self-deprecating. He calls himself an average guitar player, but he’s obviously way better than that (those videos where he demonstrates how to play certain riffs are full of “not sure I can play this” and “well, we’ll try it, see how it goes”) Same thing with calling himself lazy. It takes a lot of work to put together an album (even bad ones), as he demonstrated in the SOAPF studio diaries.

Of course, those who do think he is actually lazy will be happy to agree with him, and that’s fine.

He's an average guitar player. It's not only about gim saying that he's not sure about being able to play this or that. If you listen to his live guitar solos they're full of mistakes and randomness.

Being an average guitar player doesn't mean that he cannot create good music.

As for the lazyness, he put together four albums because he needed to, or he forced himself to do so. But you can feel that lazyness since SC. Copy- pasted riffs, lazy guitar solos, repeated riffs with little variations in the songs. He doesn't seem to be a hard worker.

idk, I guess your mileage may vary on that one. I’ve been playing guitar for fourteen years and he’s sure as hell a lot better than I am. I always thought he was good live. He’s not a legendary virtuoso but I would easily rate him well above average. Jesper, too.

I think it’s a fair chance that he put out four albums because he wanted to...? I don’t think he’s being forced by some Sith council or anything, lmao

And again, copy-pasted riffs, lazy solos, etc, is all subjective. Aside from the lifted riffs on SC — which I discussed pages back — I don’t hear laziness in the last four albums at all. I didn’t like Battles but there was still legit work put into that. If the solos sound similar, well, that’s Bjorn’s soloing style. And the riffs on average haven’t seen massive variation since Reroute.

So I guess I don’t really see this “this is objectively lazy, it’s provable that they have no work ethic on their latest albums” thing. I dislike when fans of anything resort to saying “it’s fact that this sucks” rather than “it’s my opinion that this sucks.”

It seems to be a common opinion these days but it comes across as confirmation bias. If you go into an In Flames album with the pre-conceived notion that the band is lazy and uninspired, and that it’s going to suck, then no matter what it sounds like, good or bad, that’s probably what you’re going to hear. It’s possible to still be impressed if you’re expecting the worst, but it’s not very probable.