IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Most of you guys will disagree of course but I still like Battles. SC was meh for me, it had good songs of course but I like Battles better. I'm still listening it so it wasn't just new release hype for me. First 6 songs (Drained,The End, Like Sand, In My Room, Before I fall, Through My Eyes, excluding The Truth) are the songs I still listen. Every one of this songs have something I love and I can see that I will listen them again and again. Hell I've been listening Deliver Us for 8 years. (time fucking flies right?)

I actually think The Truth is one of the only tracks off Battles that actually has some merit :D like, this is what Anders really wants to be. He wants everyone to be jumpin' da fuck up in the audience, singing along to his 'cool' lyrics in the California sunshine. There's a weird authenticity in The Truth that is absent from most of the other songs on the record. Much like All For Me, I never understood the love for Drained. Nothing about that song stands out for me and the chorus is pathetic. The End is a cool song, probably the best 'normal' metal song they've released since SOAPF days. Like Sand... all I remember is Anders whining that the whole wide world is against him, pass. In My Room is an interesting little track and has the best solo on Battles, although that really isn't saying much. Actually feels like this song should have been on Siren Charms. Before I Fall has a catchy chorus but is super generic. Through My Eyes, more like through my arse.

As for listening to Deliver Us for 8 years, I've been listening to classic IF for 20 years now motherfucker :heh: 8 years after I heard my first IF song they were just about to release Come Clarity.

Last edited:
Reactions: galvanized
Damn, now we're bashing emotions? You'd like robot music instead?

Positive from the review: growls in lots of tracks. I'd really like to here more of those I Am Above low growls used more often.

Reactions: Ilias7
Emotions are fine, but when we're talking about "emotions" when it comes to Anders that always means "sad" so, yeah, I probably would prefer a robot to hearing Anders whine about how unfair life is.

I get your point, but that's the case just on last two albums. Satelites & Astronauts were "good sad". I also enjoy Metaphor a lot. And Reflect the Storm.

Give the guy a chance, Anders needs your support!

It's a fate that he deserves. There's no escape, he's walking backwards. I'm on his side but life's a selfish thing, like broken promises.

Reactions: mindd and Ilias7
I've changed my mind a bit on I, the Mask... actually not that bad. Probably on par with I Am Above. Voices however has all its momentum stunted by the chorus and clean vocals in general. This is unfortunate as there are some OK parts. This is Our House is still a piece of shit.

Damn, now we're bashing emotions? You'd like robot music instead?

Positive from the review: growls in lots of tracks. I'd really like to here more of those I Am Above low growls used more often.
We know what emotional Anders means these days. More autotuned vocals thst he won't be able to recreate live.

I like the emotiinal Anders from the last lines of system. That gives me more chills than anything he has done in the past ten years.

It’s a great moment. I don’t know if I’d have enjoyed SOAPF as much as I did without having seen the studio diaries. They did a good job of selling the album.

Insane. I'll never see them play a show like that in the states. Just great tracks like (clayman & bullet ride in 2015 USA tour) sprinkled in at times
Yeah I don't think it's economically viable for them to do the super small club tour outside Europe, otherwise they'd done it by now.

Yeah I don't think it's economically viable for them to do the super small club tour outside Europe, otherwise they'd done it by now.

Only shows I have seen them play in The US are at smaller venues. My most memorable one was at an old theater. He grabbbed my wife’s camera and took it up on stage while they were playing cloud connected. Was some awesome footage.

Listening to my ITM tunes this evening. In order of preference I'd say:

Voices > I, the Mask > I Am Above > (This is Our) House

I think Voices and I, the Mask are up there with what I consider to be the IF staples. I Am Above is good. Remove the vocals and House is a solid track, but we're not living in that timeline, so yeah. Shame about that one.

Reactions: Jaymzkrueger
I The Mask actually has some decent/interesting lyrics. I don’t really know what Anders is trying to say... and I like it.

And I still don’t have a problem with House. I’m drinking the same kool aid as DE4life regarding The Truth so it sounds decent to me. It’s not metal, obviously.

Reactions: ThePhobiac
I think House is musically decent and the "THIS. IS. OUR. TIME." is classic Anders weirdness. It's more the generic SiriusXM Octane verses and the insufferable "fight the power" lyrics that I can't stand. Plus the choirs at the beginning and end. I don't think it's bad, or good. It's just there.

It occupies the same space as "Liberation" for me, which I also don't really hate, but I almost never listen to it.

It's a combination of the lyrics and music for me. I can honestly say I've never been bothered by any IF lyrics until This is our House, with bothered meaning I don't want to listen to the song partly because of the lyrics. Those combined with the very weird structure and weird vocals, I just don't like it.

Yeah, I can understand that. Those lyrics are pretty yikes, man.

Also, mfw the intro to "Voices" is totally lifted from "Moonshield".

Don't @ me.

(Put those pitchforks away, my friends. ;))