IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

They're not gonna air any new songs, apart from already released single's obviously. They're just gonna chat mostly, so it's not really going to be anything interesting

Soilwork's latest album really works live. And Bjorn is a beast, I wish I had as much energy for the entire week as he presented in just one hour. Just a shame that they didn't play Needles and Kin, since they're on tour together anyway...

You saw them yesterday in Poland I assume? I saw some live videos of some songs the last week, they sounded really good. I could have gone to the show 1 week ago in Stockholm but I didn't end up to. I need to see them live someday though.

In Flames' facebook just announced Anders will be revealing the initial lineup for this year's Borgholm Brinner on the interview tommorow

Soilwork's latest album really works live. And Bjorn is a beast, I wish I had as much energy for the entire week as he presented in just one hour. Just a shame that they didn't play Needles and Kin, since they're on tour together anyway...

Björn put me on list for the show in Paris, it's gonna be a good night for sure!

You saw them yesterday in Poland I assume? I saw some live videos of some songs the last week, they sounded really good. I could have gone to the show 1 week ago in Stockholm but I didn't end up to. I need to see them live someday though.
Yep, super small place for such a lineup (Jinjer, Soilwork, Amorphis), but it had it's charms. We've been lucky with gigs recently, having Avatar, Rammstein, Slipknot, IF, Trivium coming later this year. Still, Soilwork is probably somewhere in my top 10 concerts, truly awesome. Don't make the same mistake next time ;)

Yep, super small place for such a lineup (Jinjer, Soilwork, Amorphis), but it had it's charms. We've been lucky with gigs recently, having Avatar, Rammstein, Slipknot, IF, Trivium coming later this year. Still, Soilwork is probably somewhere in my top 10 concerts, truly awesome. Don't make the same mistake next time ;)

Definitely go see Rammstein if you can get the chance. Saw them back in 2012. Best show I've ever attended, and probably ever will.

I don't think TNFO is playing anywhere nearby, so this will have to wait.

I saw Rammstein in 2009 and it was definitely one of the best, so I already have my ticket ready. Honestly speaking, in terms of show only Slayer got close on this farewell tour, bit still they cannot compete with Till dressed as a flower.

Reactions: Jaymzkrueger
According to this dude, no more children's choirs, other than This Is Our House, so at least that's good, right?

https://www.reddit.com/r/InFlames/comments/aisj8w/i_just_listened_to_the_entire_new_album_i_the/

Although he does say in another comment that it is most definitely a quite a bit darker Battles, which is basically all I was hoping for at this point, so I think I'll be happy enough.

Sounds about what I was expecting really, 3 songs with acoustics is good as I've missed that from In Flames. Darker tone is good, I guess I'll wait to make my mind up about whether I like the choruses (I enjoy them all so far)

Reactions: Jaymzkrueger
From what I’ve seen, seems like a lot of initial impressions are meh, but after a few listens folks come back and say the music grows on them. I’m hoping this is the case here for most of the rest of the album, as what was described seemed more along the lines of “meh”. Hard to judge after one listen.

From https://www.reddit.com/r/InFlames/comments/aisj8w/i_just_listened_to_the_entire_new_album_i_the/ pasting here for convenience.
Hey, I just came home from this event : https://twitter.com/InFlames_SWE/status/1085477061995757570

I thought I'd write a little about it and answer any questions you may have.

The quick summary of the album that I would make is that the album is most similar to Battles of all previous In Flames albums, but with more acoustic elements. Anders clean vocal style on this album is the same as on Battles.

3 songs have big acoustic elements with the iconic Björn Gelotte sound(think acoustic section of "Alias"). One of the songs is basically a new version of the song "Come Clarity"(but in my opinion worse I'm afraid).

The song "I, The Mask", is the heaviest song on the album. The other song on the album with prominent growls(other than I Am Above and Voices) is either nr 10 or 11, can't remember which one it was sorry. Other than that all the other songs on the album are basically only singing, although have nice riffs and music to go along with them.

The choruses felt a bit uninspired and none really was memorable except the one on the come clarity look alike.

3 or 4 songs had the key increased on the last chorus.

One song's main riff is very egyptian sounding(never done before in an In Flames song if i remember correctly?)

My initial feeling right now is that i'm a bit dissapointed with the choruses of the album. On the album ASOP for example, I found almost every chorus of the album catchy, I didnt get that from this album on any song, on my first listen atleast.

I hope this didn't come across as bashing the album, it's just my initial feeling.

If you have any questions I will try to answer to the best of my abilities/memory.

"One of the songs is basically a new version of the song "Come Clarity"(but in my opinion worse I'm afraid)."

That was my first thought after I read that the album has a power ballad.

There are some more insightful reviews on Facebook fan pages too. Mainly seeing better than battles but not by much. We shall see. I’m still very excited. I have been for every album and don’t plan on not being excited now lol