IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Seems so that they replaced Scorn with Colony on their set. Thank God. I am all for deep cuts, but man, how about a.) not choosing an utter shit one and b.) not including it in a setlist which is already so-so.
Damn, I totally disagree with you. How is Scorn a shit “deep cut”? It’s one of the best songs from Colony. And how is the title track better? Do you dislike fast paced songs?

Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks
Damn, I totally disagree with you. How is Scorn a shit “deep cut”? It’s one of the best songs from Colony. And how is the title track better? Do you dislike fast paced songs?
What's so great about Scorn? It's a nothing song, and the worst representation of old IF. Subpar melody, subpar vocals, everything is subpar.

Embody, Ordinary, Colony, Zombie (only bcuz of the solo), Coerced and Insipid are good songs. I guess some people would like to add Behind Space t othe list, but I don't really care about that song.

Scorn, Pallars, Resin and the non-solo part of Zombie are fillers. Wasting a live sport should be called heresy, unless the entire show is filled with deep cuts, because then throw it in, why the fuck not.

As for the title track, it or Embody are clearly the best songs to play live fro mthat record. Scorn is an absolute shit live song, even if for some odd reason I'd like the album version.

What's so great about Scorn? It's a nothing song, and the worst representation of old IF. Subpar melody, subpar vocals, everything is subpar.
It is probably the most aggressive song on the album. And Anders’ vocals are at absolute peak brutality of all albums and all periods with the verse vocals.

“Since I marked her out from my tower...”
“But I still have no choice...”

One of the best and most memorable solos on the album. Nice build up and resolution to it as well.

If you don’t headbang to this you’re dead.

If you don't think Zombie inc is a masterpiece you're a fucking idiot, to be blunt.
A masterpiece where - bar the solo - the music monotonously repeats over and over and over again. Yikes. No one would remember that song if it wasn't for the 10/10 solo.
It is probably the most aggressive song on the album. And Anders’ vocals are at absolute peak brutality of all albums and all periods with the verse vocals.

“Since I marked her out from my tower...”
“But I still have no choice...”

One of the best and most memorable solos on the album. Nice build up and resolution to it as well.

If you don’t headbang to this you’re dead.
Also, hella boring.

Good for Anders for having brutal vocals on the song, but who cares? A good song with less brutal vocals is still better, than a meh song with brutal vocals.

Also, those vocal filters are the worst thing on the entire album, not just on this song. Pre-R2R production is being sucked off left and right, but this gets a pass. Interesting.

I'm more convinced than ever that you really don't like metal tbh. If you don't appreciate songs like Scorn and Zombie Inc there's no hope for you.

Zombie is an excuse to put that solo somewhere on the record.

Scorn is... I don't know, an actual song from start to finish, but very far from being an outstanding one. Maybe if they hadn't used those vocal effects all over the record, it would stand out as something interesting.

Coerced Coexistence has always by far been my least favorite Colony song. Scorn is probably one of the other songs I like the least after that one.

Other than being awesome, what is it you don't like about Coerced Coexistence? I mean, I could understand somebody saying they're a bit so-so about Resin or The New Word, but Scorn, Zombie Inc and Coerced Coexistence? Bizarre.

Reactions: Ilias7 and Riamu
I've always found the verses boring and the chorus weak, I don't like the yelling-style chorus he uses there

Well, my experience with Coerced is like

1. wtf is this shit, aw fuck, this is my Colony listen-through, gotta suffer through this hsit just like I did with Resin and Scorn ZzzzzZZZ
2. holy shit, this part is fucking good!!!

So yeah, basically shit song, but that part near the end is very, very good. I guess the same can be said about Zombie and its solo, but hey, I still Coerced's "not great" parts more than Sleep Inc.

Zombie inc is a well crafted song. There are no flaws. That's the kind of song that you listen at and know that they've put lot of thinking and effort into it. Coerced coexistence is also good. To me, the flaw on that album is the new word. The guitars are fine but the vocals sound rushed, as if he came with them in the last minute.

Reactions: Ilias7 and DE4life
And now, thanks to you, I have the urge to download the colony album into my cellphone though I'm running out of space there. Well done slave. Well done...

Coerced is good. It was always a standout for me on Colony.

THIS INFILTRATES MY BRAIN:
IN THE SUNSHINE THE SUN IS MINE

I really don't have any complaints with anything on Colony, except maybe it sounds too homogeneous. I think every track is rock solid.

Also, I'd say "Scorn" is one of the songs I'd point to if I had to choose a typical classic In Flames song.

Reactions: galvanized