IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

The shittiest song (there isn’t one) on Colony would be the best track on most of the later albums.

Zombie inc is a well crafted song. There are no flaws. That's the kind of song that you listen at and know that they've put lot of thinking and effort into it. Coerced coexistence is also good. To me, the flaw on that album is the new word. The guitars are fine but the vocals sound rushed, as if he came with them in the last minute.

Agree, don't know how anybody could say Zombie Inc isn't a well crafted song. Amazing melodic opening riffs, memorable vocals and lyrics across the entire song, epic chorus, brilliant solo... but yeah, other than that, I guess it's shit.

New Word is the most filler song on Colony by far, but it's still good. Just not as good as all the others.

I love the guitar work in this song. And the bass gallop starting at 1:52 that flows into the main theme. That passage is just so epic \m/

Reactions: eochaid
Agree, don't know how anybody could say Zombie Inc isn't a well crafted song. Amazing melodic opening riffs, memorable vocals and lyrics across the entire song, epic chorus, brilliant solo... but yeah, other than that, I guess it's shit.

New Word is the most filler song on Colony by far, but it's still good. Just not as good as all the others.
Well, he called Pallar Anders Visa a filler. There are tons of bands that would kill for being abke to make a tune like that.

Well you forgot to mention the cool muted verse riffs. After the solo that’s the next most memorable part of the song to me.

Reactions: eochaid
Well, he called Pallar Anders Visa a filler. There are tons of bands that would kill for being abke to make a tune like that.

PAV is just a cool little interlude, I don't really count it as a proper, full song. It's kinda like Timeless on Subterranean.

Well you forgot to mention the cool muted verse riffs. After the solo that’s the next most memorable part of the song to me.

Honestly I could have just described the entire song second by second, as it's incredible in its entirety, but I really shouldn't have to explain to anybody with working eardrums why Zombie Inc is awesome. Or Coerced Coexistence for that matter.

No, I don't think there are really any "filler" songs on Colony, but the closest to that description would be New Word or Resin for me.

It's progressively more shit.

And I was obviously talking about vocals, Krofi-kun. You don't like Anders cleans on Coerced Coexistence but somehow enjoy his wailing on TCP.

giphy.gif

Well I don't think they sound good at all on Coerced Coexistence. However I love the "clean" vocals in the Colony chorus. They sound good on Insipid 2000 as well. I don't particularly LOVE the first couple minutes of TCP, it's more the last 3-4 minutes that are awesome with the outro in perticular.

So, I'm listening to Verkligheten extra songs and they're good. But fuck, In this Master's Tale is amazing. I love it. Wish that there was more like this on the album.

I think Zombie Inc is a masterpiece. Scorn is not that great, but it's still a good song. It's in everyone's opinion to like them or not.

Last edited:
I think Zombie Inc is a masterpiece. Scorn is not that great, but it's still a good song. It's in everyone's opinion to like them or not.

Normally I would agree, but I'm sorry to say that if somebody doesn't like Zombie Inc then it's highly likely there is a serious abnormality in their brain. Ideally such people should be monitored 24/7 and if need be erased.

Don't worry guys, I won't hold liking those mediocre songs against you. Everyone has some guilty pleasures. Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Scorn.

I also get the argument about Pallars. NIN's The Fragile was a double album and it had many instrumental tracks. People can get really angsty when one of these ~2 minutes long instrumental track gets called a filler. "IT'S NOT A FILLER, IT'S ART!444444444!!"

Well, the answer is... maybe. Unlike Scorn or Resin, which are just medocre, without much redeeming quality.