IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Also, it’s probably important to realize that the “will they return to the old style with this new release” is just the popular way of thinking regarding IF. It’s been that way for years and nothing’s really changed. It might not seem that way in here because let’s face it, we’re in Expanded Brain territory on these forums.

Yes, but the "old style" boundaries change as the years go on. Nowadays stuff like ASOP/SOAPF are considered "older style", whereas TJR/Whoracle are an ancient artifact. That's something reviewers never seem to understand or take into account. It's always just "in flames fans still want jester race what a bunch of idiots, i'm a smarter fan because i realise they've evolved, herp derp"

It’s not so much older style, but maybe utilizing more of their niche abilities and sound. There are elements that stand out from lots of older albums in the newer music, but that said, they still have been pushing the limit in their evolution becoming more mainstream. As benson said, he wanted them to focus on that “top line”

They still would have evolved without benson the last two albums, but I think his methods and influence is definitely noticeable when it comes to the more “poppy” songs

At this day and age they can be very successful without selling records. Also, I'm not here to make anyone successful but myself.
Sure they can. There are lot of bands that are being successful not selling shit. It's just that we don't know about them.

They still would have evolved without benson the last two albums, but I think his methods and influence is definitely noticeable when it comes to the more “poppy” songs

As nouns the difference between evolution and change is that evolution is (general) gradual directional change especially one leading to a more advanced or complex form; growth; development while change is (countable) the process of becoming different.

I still don't see how the word evolution can be used to describe IF music.

It's not an evolution, it's just a change. It's possible for something to change without evolving.

But the meaning is the same. They have evolved... Evolution cannot be applied to their music since the r2r days.

Each album changes of course. But if you look at the entire spectrum, i just thought the word evolve would apply. I’m not necessarily looking to be that specific, was just the word that came out while typing. At this point I’m just being difficult for the fun of it lol

I get what you mean.

Try to understand my point. Usually, the people defrnding IF changes use the word evolution maybe because at a subconscious level it implies the continuity of something. In this case, the band.

But that's not true. The only thing that's been consistent in their career is that they've always been a metal band, with the exception of battles. Everything else has changed. In fact, the most of their career has been based on change.

But people just won't admit it because they keep on saying that it's the same band. It is not the same band. Only in name. This is why DE4life is right when he says that without the name nobody would be caring about their music.

I'm not trying to attack you. I'm just arguing about an idea. An idea that I find to be a misconception.

It’s no worries, I get what you are saying. I’m winding down from party mode, as Monday and Tuesday nights are my weekend lol. I become a bit of an ass or argumentative for the sake of arguing when I run out of whiskey lol

For me IF actual evolutions have been in very small stages. TJR - Whoracle, Colony-Clayman, ASOP-SOAPF. As a whole their trajectory is just a series of changes with some mini-evolutions existing between a few albums across the span of time the band has existed.

It’s no worries, I get what you are saying. I’m winding down from party mode, as Monday and Tuesday nights are my weekend lol. I become a bit of an ass or argumentative for the sake of arguing when I run out of whiskey lol

Being an ass is a requirement for this forum. Embrace it and say "fuck you" to Slave :cool: it'll make you feel better.

Then get some whiskey! Quick!

"not the same band"

lmao, so you decided what IS and what ISN'T the band, once again. It is always so funny to see when you are talking about whether it's the band or just the name.

For me IF actual evolutions have been in very small stages. TJR - Whoracle, Colony-Clayman, ASOP-SOAPF. As a whole their trajectory is just a series of changes with some mini-evolutions existing between a few albums across the span of time the band has existed.

Being an ass is a requirement for this forum. Embrace it and say "fuck you" to Slave :cool: it'll make you feel better.
For me there's a constant evolution from subterranean to clayman. But that's just my opinion.

As for being assholes. I'm the only one that's been called an asshole by others. That gives me some kind of preeminence.

"not the same band"

lmao, so you decided what IS and what ISN'T the band, once again. It is always so funny to see when you are talking about whether it's the band or just the name.
Juat the name. You know it but refuse to admit.

Juat the name. You know it but refuse to admit.
Why would you change your band's name when the same band has been doing all these diffrent music? And let's not mention the departures, because from TJR to SC most of the band members were the same. The same people who though Colony sounds cool also thought that STYE and ASOP sounds cool as well. Why would they change their name?