IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

So, this band is basically wannabe-Disturbed minus the popularity at this point. Sadly, Disturbed has better guitar solos.

For all their grasping at the commercial crown, they're still opening for even shittier bands in House of Blues-sized clubs. It doesn't seem like their profile has grown all that much. Am I wrong?

So, tnx for the song bro(s).

Well, this one has an actual interesting riff, that is NOT a ripoff from some of previous if albums. And it has a good sounding 4 seconds of solo.

That's the positives.

Negatives - that solo part is repeated and ends fast after fantastic 8 seconds, and that has to be a some kind of record even for modern IF. What is the point guys? Like why that wasn't a proper solo or melody? Don't get it, it is just stupid.

Except that single cool riff can't remember any particular piece of music from the whole song. The rest is just generic stuff.

Vocals = shit. I get it, the guy wants to sing, he can't sing, he goes to lessons, benson is working his studio magic etc. But it is just painful to my ears. Does this high pitched atonal, nails on the chalkboard thing even qualifies as real singing? I think not. So, this here is a 3 minute song, with 3-4 not so catchy choruses and some weird verses... I really don't want to hear again.

Anders, man, just stop. Please. It burns, it rips, it hurts.

Whilst most of what you just wrote is completely wrong, I do agree that Colony has a vastly different sound to TJR or Whoracle. That's why I refuse to class it as MDM. It's not the same metal genre as the two albums which preceded it.

Ironically, it's clayman that starts to get less straight up MDM in my opinion. It's MDM with traditional heavy metal turned up.

Colony kind of goes in that direction, but it's more of IF tilting the death metal mixed with iron maiden, a bit more to the iron maiden side.
Colony definitely relies on a lot more soaring melodies over power chord rhythms though.

Reactions: Jester Slave
Shallowness and beauty
Was all that concerned her body
But the soul, her divine guest
Were thrust to the bottom

Works great for modern IF.

So, this band is basically wannabe-Disturbed minus the popularity at this point. Sadly, Disturbed has better guitar solos.

For all their grasping at the commercial crown, they're still opening for even shittier bands in House of Blues-sized clubs. It doesn't seem like their profile has grown all that much. Am I wrong?
They are still headlining European festivals, so they are pretty fucking popular. I don't think they mind that they are not headliner status in the US. Americans easily forget that there are other continents in the word. Assuming they have been taught that in the first place.

Also, Disturbed is fucking pathetic with their recent record, so IF is miles above them. Anders can do a fucking Britney Spears cover for all I care, as long as he doesn't sink to the level of "A Reason to Fight". That's just disgusting.

https://www.burnyourears.de/reviews/alben/modern-metal-metalcore/49375-in-flames-i-the-mask.html

This reviewer shreds into the album.. I'm really starting to get worried that "Stay With Me," "We Will Remember," "All The Pain," and "In This Life" are going to be absolute garbage radio-pop songs... So the first half of the album to me seems like they're paying homage to their old style, while the second part serves as a transition into something new which could mean that their next album (whether there'll be one,) will probably not be metal at all.

The fact that ITM already has some more metal sounding songs than the past 3 records implies that trying to get assumptions about their future releases based on the last one is silly.

They are still headlining European festivals, so they are pretty fucking popular. I don't think they mind that they are not headliner status in the US. Americans easily forget that there are other continents in the word. Assuming they have been taught that in the first place.

Also, Disturbed is fucking pathetic with their recent record, so IF is miles above them. Anders can do a fucking Britney Spears cover for all I care, as long as he doesn't sink to the level of "A Reason to Fight". That's just disgusting.
Headlining your own festival doesn't count.

No. That's ok.a couple of festivals with some good bands and the rest of them mediocre festivals. But they still count.

Also, being the second lina band doesn't count as headlining.

This track feels so throwaway. It's over before you've even started listening to it.

I don't think the toned screams in the verses sound so bad (reminds me of what Björn from SW does a lot these days, actually) - but the chorus is just so boring.

And that solo is ripe to go into a long, nice melodic interlude with harmonzied guitars.. but.. no.

So, tnx for the song bro(s).

Well, this one has an actual interesting riff, that is NOT a ripoff from some of previous if albums. And it has a good sounding 4 seconds of solo.

That's the positives.

Negatives - that solo part is repeated and ends fast after fantastic 8 seconds, and that has to be a some kind of record even for modern IF. What is the point guys? Like why that wasn't a proper solo or melody? Don't get it, it is just stupid.

Except that single cool riff can't remember any particular piece of music from the whole song. The rest is just generic stuff.

Vocals = shit. I get it, the guy wants to sing, he can't sing, he goes to lessons, benson is working his studio magic etc. But it is just painful to my ears. Does this high pitched atonal, nails on the chalkboard thing even qualifies as real singing? I think not. So, this here is a 3 minute song, with 3-4 not so catchy choruses and some weird verses... I really don't want to hear again.

Anders, man, just stop. Please. It burns, it rips, it hurts.

Yeah this is pretty much my thoughts too, although I thought for a second at the beginning of the song it was going to copy the In Plain View intro! I don't really mind the verse vocals, but the chorus sounds pretty bad. Not sure why you'd start a solo only to cut it out that quickly :D it literally sounds like it was purposefully cut, it just stops with no obvious reason except to give Anders and autotune machine more time to "sing".

I prefer Burn.

This track feels so throwaway. It's over before you've even started listening to it.

I don't think the toned screams in the verses sound so bad (reminds me of what Björn from SW does a lot these days, actually) - but the chorus is just so boring.

And that solo is ripe to go into a long, nice melodic interlude with harmonzied guitars.. but.. no.
That's the problem. These days they seem to think that you can only choose between chorus oriented songs or music oriented sons. While the fact is that you can do both. The songs are way too short for my taste.