IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Honestly I just assumed they were doing like they did in 2008/2009 and just playing it exactly how it is on the album. I remember that being bad. This was different though.

I literally said this three pages or something ago :p . You should have gone in champing at the bit to hear the revolutionised Chosen Pessimist ;) .

It's strange, now, in live settings, we're hearing the post-Reroute material with vocals that would sit quite comfortably on any of the "big four" albums and it's almost sad to hear how cool these songs could have sounded in the studio if Anders had just sung them that way all along. Can't complain too much though, at least his live vocals are sounding so good that we're actually having this discussion at all, and it definitely makes the shows more enjoyable, irrespective of the setlist.

Choruses are OK on Follow Me (but the massive autotuning is horrible), ITM, I Am Above, Burn, Deep Inside and Stay With Me. Everything else ranges from bad to atrocious. ITL is the worst offender by far. I think it's genuinely the shittiest, most irritating and grating chorus they've ever done. Worse than Scream. It makes me want to punch Anders in the face.

ITM and Burn flow quite well into chorus imo. Decent enough transitions. All the Pain is really bad though. Chorus is shit and doesn't flow from the verse at all.
Been listening the album again. My God, ITL is such a terrible song in every fucking way. Fake 200%.

CMN is an excellent song buried under the mountains of autotune, weak choruses and just plain bad decision-making in the recording and post-recording stages.

It's been a long time since I posted anything on this forum due to personal issues but these comments really triggered me... How someone can think "in This Life" is a shit song is beyond me... I guess it just goes to show how subjective music perception is... I remember giving the song a 8.5/10 when the album first came out but now I can easily say its at least a 9.5.. The chorus is extremely catchy I dont get how it irritates you guys. Overall since writing my review.. I would say that rather than getting bored with the album, I've grown to like it so much more... IMO at the time of writing my review, CMN was the weakest song but it has really really grown on me, especially the parts where Anders growls "UNTIL IVE LOST CONTROOOL" but in all seriousness, how is In this Life bad? While I do like 'All the Pain' I can totally understand why some people wouldn't like that but I just dont get how there ITL gets so much hate its beyond me..

It's been a long time since I posted anything on this forum due to personal issues but these comments really triggered me... How someone can think "in This Life" is a shit song is beyond me... I guess it just goes to show how subjective music perception is... I remember giving the song a 8.5/10 when the album first came out but now I can easily say its at least a 9.5.. The chorus is extremely catchy I dont get how it irritates you guys. Overall since writing my review.. I would say that rather than getting bored with the album, I've grown to like it so much more... IMO at the time of writing my review, CMN was the weakest song but it has really really grown on me, especially the parts where Anders growls "UNTIL IVE LOST CONTROOOL" but in all seriousness, how is In this Life bad? While I do like 'All the Pain' I can totally understand why some people wouldn't like that but I just dont get how there ITL gets so much hate its beyond me..

The reasons for disliking ITL were explained very clearly when the album was released. I'm not sure why you keep saying you don't get it and asking how the song is bad when you literally say music perception is subjective :D you answered your own question, so relax bro. People have different opinions, that's life.

I literally said this three pages or something ago :p . You should have gone in champing at the bit to hear the revolutionised Chosen Pessimist ;) .

For some reason I didn't really grasp what you said, I must have just started seeing red as soon as I saw TCP was on the set :D

Wow DE4Life Anders Fangay much dude? :D Jokes aside, I'm glad you enjoyed the show it looks like Anders becoming better and better. Looks like vocal lessons works huh?

With DE4Life's recording, I seen 4-5 different version of I Am Above and I must say, verses sound much much better from the album version. Anders changes the way he screams at "I'll be the ghost that haunts you in your sleep" part, which sounds awesome.

Btw did Anders pulled off Call My Name? Or was it all backtrack and shit? @DE4life

Wow DE4Life Anders Fangay much dude? :D Jokes aside, I'm glad you enjoyed the show it looks like Anders becoming better and better. Looks like vocal lessons works huh?

With DE4Life's recording, I seen 4-5 different version of I Am Above and I must say, verses sound much much better from the album version. Anders changes the way he screams at "I'll be the ghost that haunts you in your sleep" part, which sounds awesome.

Btw did Anders pulled off Call My Name? Or was it all backtrack and shit? @DE4life

There's no question that Anders has changed his harsh vocal technique, and he sounds so much healthier as a result. I'm happy for him, as he was destroying his vocal chords in the past. He sounds more powerful now than he probably ever has, albeit with lower growls as opposed to screams.

There was a lot of backing track in Call My Name, yeah, but when you're at the show it doesn't really matter. It sounds worse when you hear it on recorded video. The song overall is way better live than it is on album.

#AndersManLoveCrew :cool:

Leeches/Colony/My Sweet Shadow

Love how Anders gives a fist-bump to the unsuspecting security worker at 00:30 :D

Also at 04:50 I'm pretty sure this is Anders giving a shout out to the UM IF forums :cool: especially considering my comments in Ciko's signature. It's conclusive, Anders visits this forum and probably posts too. Show yourself motherfucker.

Alright, one more video to upload after lunch.

Wtf did he specifically call out Jester Slave?

Wtf did he specifically call out Jester Slave?

Said next time they were in Hungary he was going to find Slave and knock him out, then dedicate it to Laverna. Crazy times.

I notice someone commented on that video that they didn't play Leeches, Colony or MSS in Montreal. That sucks. I just checked and in fact they only played 12 songs on their US/Canada tour, compared to 19 on their UK tour. That's a pretty huge difference. All That Remains must have eaten up a shitload of time compared to Light the Torch & Norma Jean.

Songs that were missing from the US tour:

- Call My Name
- Deep Inside
- TCP
- Leeches
- Colony
- My Sweet Shadow
- The Mirror's Truth

That REALLY fucking sucks. Those last four songs especially are some of the best IF live songs, and only one song from the new album compared to the three we got in the UK. Bad times.

Said next time they were in Hungary he was going to find Slave and knock him out, then dedicate it to Laverna. Crazy times.
Just listened again and now I can tell YOU said Jester Slave. First I thought it was Anders muttering it under his breath LOL

:D I plead the fifth.
Haha, can you even do that in your country? Anyway, nice show breakdown. It’s hard for me to believe In Flames is now playing smaller venues with Norma Jean. I remember Norma Jean from their previous band before they changed their name. They originally were Luti-Kris but changed their name because the rapper Ludacris (“move bitch, get out the way, get out the way bitch”) got huge and they had to de-conflict.

Hard to imagine a small town Christian band that played a huge part in igniting the “scene” image and music is now on the same stage as these metal idols. I say that because that was like me and my friends a long time ago, just a bunch of hardcore kids with questionable musical abilities in a small town in the middle of nowhere. These shows were in piece of shit basements or churches half the time. The Swedish metal scene was so far away and untouchable. Huge festivals, visions of stadiums. In Flames were really like gods to us.

And here they are together, and possibly Anders even appreciating some of their songs (or at least their energy). Maybe the drummer and bassist set it up, they have roots in the Christian scene. Still pretty remarkable. I guess time really is the great equalizer.

Haha, can you even do that in your country? Anyway, nice show breakdown. It’s hard for me to believe In Flames is now playing smaller venues with Norma Jean. I remember Norma Jean from their previous band before they changed their name. They originally were Luti-Kris but changed their name because the rapper Ludacris (“move bitch, get out the way, get out the way bitch”) got huge and they had to de-conflict.

Hard to imagine a small town Christian band that played a huge part in igniting the “scene” image and music is now on the same stage as these metal idols. I say that because that was like me and my friends a long time ago, just a bunch of hardcore kids with questionable musical abilities in a small town in the middle of nowhere. These shows were in piece of shit basements or churches half the time. The Swedish metal scene was so far away and untouchable. Huge festivals, visions of stadiums. In Flames were really like gods to us.

And here they are together, and possibly Anders even appreciating some of their songs (or at least their energy). Maybe the drummer and bassist set it up, they have roots in the Christian scene. Still pretty remarkable. I guess time really is the great equalizer.

I've never tried pleading the fifth, but hey, if there is a next time I'll try it :D

This was definitely the smallest IF show I've been to. Small crowd and largely unknown support acts. It's a shame considering it was the best performance I've seen from them, but on the other hand they really seemed to be enjoying it so whatever. Less people works for me. It's the first gig I've been to where after the last support act was finished you could just walk up to the front barrier and find a spot. Granted it's been about 9 years since my last proper gig, but back then if you weren't at the barrier by the time the first support act was done you weren't getting there.

I honestly knew nothing about Norma Jean, I didn't even know they were a Christian act until now. They had a decent amount of fans there so I guess they're somewhat well known? I don't follow the metal scene like I used to, so I'd personally never heard of them.

They might not be Christian anymore, that’s just their roots. Not that it really matters. I’m not trying to slander them by bringing that up. But their peak was probably the early mid 2000s as well, interestingly around the same time as IF peaked in popularity. The Christian hardcore scene was how a lot of kids in rural areas, especially the south, got into heavy music around that time period.

I assumed they were an up and coming band to be honest, I had no idea they were that well established. They played what they played very well, so I guess that experience showed. It wasn't really my kind of metal but hopefully they made a few extra fans. They seemed like cool guys. Although for some reason they beat the shit out of their drums at the end of their set :D

Was Anders already wasted two songs into the set? :D Before Pinball Map he says "it's good to be här" followed with something incomprehensible, then he says that was Swenglish and (if i heard correctly) he blames whoever came up with the international Gin & Tonic day.

Anyway, it indeed sounds like he's found the right technique now, great performance.

Last edited:
I've seen Anders drunk and no, he was definitely sober. Well, 70% at least. He seemed in a really good mood. It's cool that him and Bjorn are still enjoying touring so much. You'd think after all these years they might be a bit fatigued from the travel, but nope.

Hah, I had copyright claims on most of my IF live vids :D they aren't taken down but I can't monetise them (which I wasn't doing anyway). Weirdly the only one that didn't get a copyright claim against it was Deep Inside.

Hah, I had copyright claims on most of my IF live vids :D they aren't taken down but I can't monetise them (which I wasn't doing anyway). Weirdly the only one that didn't get a copyright claim against it was Deep Inside.
And so it ends your career as a youtuber.