IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

@DE4life Great concert tale. Glad to hear they — and Anders especially —exceeded your expectations. I've got to catch them the next time they swing by my area.

Definitely do, although I hope next time they're in the States they give you guys a proper setlist.

Looks like they've added "Burn" to the setlist, without removing anything, so they're up to 20 songs. Good going.

The setlist looks good, except for few songs. Monsters In The Ballroom, All For Me, HOUSE ?!?!?! I mean, they could've add better songs from SC and SOAPF instead of that 2 songs. They're not even the strong songs from the albums they're in, they're just meh. I would be so angry if I heard All For Me instead of Deliver Us.

The setlist looks good, except for few songs. Monsters In The Ballroom, All For Me, HOUSE ?!?!?! I mean, they could've add better songs from SC and SOAPF instead of that 2 songs. They're not even the strong songs from the albums they're in, they're just meh. I would be so angry if I heard All For Me instead of Deliver Us.

They do pick some strange and underwhelming songs sometimes. I don't really understand Monsters in the Ballroom being on the set. At least All For Me works okay live, although there are still a ton of songs much better that they could have selected. It's fair enough to say they might want to play some different songs, and they may get bored playing the same stuff, but even their choices from "I, the Mask" are a bit odd. How is the title track not on the set, and why was Burn only added half way through the tour? It would surely have made more sense to add Call My Name later? I don't really get it. But whatever, they're still putting on a good show so I guess that's all that counts.

Now is my time to see Ol' Hipster Chipmunk, beard-to-hear hair transplant guitar man and they' American friends. They are starting in 3 hours, I'm trying to arrive at least half an hour before the doors are being opened so I won't be all the way in the back, because when they were here two years ago, there already was a huge ass line an hour before they let us in. Hope they add ITM to the set list, even though that's very unlikely.

Well, at least they are probably going to put a good show, even @DE4life liked what he saw :) when they were here in 2017, u played The Jester's Dance and Moonshield and our dear Anders looked bored to fucking DEATH lol

Btw, has anyone hear heard of Fueled By Fear? They are opening for IF today and I have no idea who these guys are, seems like some metalcore band

Upd: well, I'm here and I'm fucked, this line is fucking huge lol. Should've went here way earlier, but I decided to eat, ate too much, arrived late and now I feel like shit. But at least... you know :D

Upd2: I'm in, not so bad actually, fourth row, most of the crowd decided not to rush to the front and to chill in bar first. I guess their feet aren't strong enough to stand for 100 minutes waiting for the supporting band to start and finish, unlike my H.Benson-hate-fueled feet :D

Last edited:
About All For Me, weirdly enough I like that song a lot, and I was happy when they played it last time, but tbh I'd rather hear something else from SOAPF, I just don't think this song works very well live. I would've also swap Where The Dead Ships Dwell for another SOAPF song, hell, even Liberation, even though we all know how great Anders is at singing clean parts live lol
Sad they don't play Ropes anymore. And to hear A New Dawn live is probably just a pipe dream.

I’m just waiting for them to come back to the US. Set list for their current tour looks enjoyable.

Been absent from the forum recently. New child has absorbed all my free time lol.

Who wants Anders Friděn address write me a private message
You know in Sweden you can look up anyones adress unless you have secret identity, which Anders obviously doesn't have. It would take me literally 30sec. I already know where he lives though, inner city Stockholm.

You know in Sweden you can look up anyones adress unless you have secret identity, which Anders obviously doesn't have. It would take me literally 30sec. I already know where he lives though, inner city Stockholm.
Yes but maybe some haters don't know his address

In Flames have a new gin out called "Touch of Red"... interesting considering the song of the same name is about the effects of alcoholism.

Man, looks like Russians really love IF. Just checked the Moscow concert, crowd goes crazy.

I loved how they sing the chorus of Where The Dead Ships Dwell and I am Above. Good shit.

Nice link, good audio and video quality. Anders sounds really good imo. Where the Dead Ships Dwell is probably one of IF's most sing-alongable choruses imo, at least one of my favorites. First time I heard Burn live as well, I'm surprised he used the death growl during all verses as well, really seems like he's moving onto using growl over screams live, I don't mind.

Also btw, new Amon Amarth album is out, I think it's a good quality album, not a 10/10 but a damn good album, some very minor change ups in their sound but largely still classic Amon Amarth riffage and beast vocals, there's some real banger songs like Ironside and Fafner's Gold.

Also btw, new Amon Amarth album is out, I think it's a good quality album, not a 10/10 but a damn good album, some very minor change ups in their sound but largely still classic Amon Amarth riffage and beast vocals, there's some real banger songs like Ironside and Fafner's Gold.

Even though I love MDM, I cant get into Amon Amarth for some reason. They have a few awesome songs that I like but every song sounds similar to me and it gets boring after some time. Will check the new album for sure though.