IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

The unofficial lyrics are at http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/inflames/subterranean.html#1 if someone's interested.

But yeah, I don't think they're very good.

Die
Tragedy, cursing me
Bloodlust, crying, never dying
Bloodlust, crying, never dying

I love you
Truth be told
I'm completely numb
It got this way
I don't know how
I just can't figure it out

Please talk to me
What do you want me to be?

Are we sure Anders didn't write these? :D

I think lirycs in stand ablaze are only addition, this song focus on the instrumental side of in flames, guitar work is brilliant, great melodies and riffs, order and harmony

Order and harmony, the staple of every old school melodic death metal track :D

But yeah, Stand Ablaze is obviously focused more on the instrumental side. The outro is practically a whole half of the song.

As I said I prefer subterranean. It sounds like the foundations of everything that they were during the 90's. LS is too raw and too different.

The lyrics? If I cared about yhe lyrics I would not be listening to Iron Maiden.

The singer? In some songs is Stanne and in others Jocke Gothberg. Do they sound good? No. But, lets be honest, in tjr Anders sounds like a dog thrown into a river in a bag of shit. So I don't care. In those albums I'm more interested in the music that I am in the lyrics.

Eh? Subterranean was Henke Forss. Jocke only did vocals on the Dead Eternity demo.

I guess, but I don't think Stanne's vocals on LS are bad. The production on them is just shit. He sounds fine on The Gallery and that was released only a year or so later.

No. They werent bad. It doesn't matter, to me. LS is a difficult album. Subterranean sounds more familiar.

Hey guys. I've been stalking you at least since beginning of the Battles topic, so perhaps it's time to step out of the shadows.

I can see why some may dislike LS, but at least show some appreciation. It's super raw, it's intense, it has amazing vocals in terms of harshness - damn, I can't think of many vocalist who could pull that off, probably the reason why Stanne had to switch to this current emotionless strange fry. Great album, could be easily compared to At The Gates efforts.

Hey guys. I've been stalking you at least since beginning of the Battles topic, so perhaps it's time to step out of the shadows.

I can see why some may dislike LS, but at least show some appreciation. It's super raw, it's intense, it has amazing vocals in terms of harshness - damn, I can't think of many vocalist who could pull that off, probably the reason why Stanne had to switch to this current emotionless strange fry. Great album, could be easily compared to At The Gates efforts.

My man :cool: you should have thrown down sooner, sounds like you've got what it takes to be a major bro.

Trying to play both sides of the Awesome Bro Crew and the Anders Manlove Crew. It's a bold move, but I respect you for trying. Good luck.

Reactions: ciko_gfb
The former got softer recently, with STYE praises and all. The latter is too cheesy, with some of the posts longer than my master's thesis. I'm willing to stick closer to the first one, but on my conditions. Starting with some approval to WTWE, at least for the girl's performance.

Welcome!

I personally don't dislike LS. I appreciate it for what it is: an album that got a great band started. There's nothing in there that annoys me or makes me go "wow, this really sucks". The production's rather bad, but I can live with it. For me it's more like that aside for the songs that I really like (BS, CiS, UaOT and parts of In Flames) the music seems "kind of nice". I enjoy listening to it at some level, but the songs don't really stay in my head after I'm done listening.

The former got softer recently, with STYE praises and all. The latter is too cheesy, with some of the posts longer than my master's thesis. I'm willing to stick closer to the first one, but on my conditions. Starting with some approval to WTWE, at least for the girl's performance.

You're driving a hard bargain here :D

I really dislike the overall song structure of WTWE. It seems glued together like a vase that smashed, and although most of the pieces were put together properly there are other parts which clearly haven't been put back in the right place. I actually agree that the chorus and the female vocals are good, they just seem totally out of place in that song. Compare with Dead End, for example, which flows perfectly together. Anders' vocals on WTWE are some of the better ones on SC, but I find the overall song too chaotic and odd to really enjoy.

If we're talking four letter acronyms on SC, I much prefer WEWO. Guitars sound good, song structure is smooth and flows well, and Anders' vocals actually sound fine on that track too. It's one of my favourites off SC. I think on my re-rating a while back I scored it 7.5/10. It was just below Through Oblivion, which I also appreciate a lot more upon re-listen.

I enjoy listening to it at some level, but the songs don't really stay in my head after I'm done listening.
I think that's a good sign. It's not like any of Cannibal Corpse songs are staying in heads. Or the complex Opeth tracks, Ghost of Perdition is not a song that will keep playing in your head when you're showering. I consider that album as the one which was more concerned with that Death rather than Melodic part. Call Me Maybe on the other hand is super memorable, that doesn't make it a good song, unfortunately.

I really dislike the overall song structure of WTWE. It seems glued together like a vase that smashed, and although most of the pieces were put together properly there are other parts which clearly haven't been put back in the right place. I actually agree that the chorus and the female vocals are good, they just seem totally out of place in that song. Compare with Dead End, for example, which flows perfectly together. Anders' vocals on WTWE are some of the better ones on SC, but I find the overall song too chaotic and odd to really enjoy.
Fair point. Though I love mixing heavy tracks with some soft parts, WTWE is not really smooth when it comes to the switch. Nevertheless, it's quite enjoyable. If you cut it in two parts you could have a nice heavy track, with superb screams from Anders and another good track, with some Moonspell-ish vibe in it. At the end of the day, it works for me. And it seems for me like a Mundane and the Magic attempt from IF.

If we're talking four letter acronyms on SC, I much prefer WEWO. Guitars sound good, song structure is smooth and flows well, and Anders' vocals actually sound fine on that track too. It's one of my favourites off SC. I think on my re-rating a while back I scored it 7.5/10. It was just below Through Oblivion, which I also appreciate a lot more upon re-listen.
Now that's surprising, coming from the no-go-Anders-zone. WEWO is kind of a guilty pleasure, with whiney vocals, which I can listen to only when no one is around. It beats Alias and some of the other tracks I consider unexpected coming from IF (at that time...), but Siren Charms is better of without those X-Factor attempts.

OMG i think I lost in The internet :rofl:DDDD
JesterSlave is that you?

What the fuck? :D

Now that's surprising, coming from the no-go-Anders-zone. WEWO is kind of a guilty pleasure, with whiney vocals, which I can listen to only when no one is around. It beats Alias and some of the other tracks I consider unexpected coming from IF (at that time...), but Siren Charms is better of without those X-Factor attempts.

Well, I like a lot of those kinda tracks from IF, oddly enough. Metaphor, Evil in a Closet and Liberation are all good songs too. Sometimes Anders gets it right, sometimes he doesn't. I'm not totally anti-Anders :D he can do a good job sometimes. But when he gets it wrong he tends to get it really wrong. See most of ASOP as far as vocals are concerned.