IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Clayman cover art is pretty awful, definitely worse than ASOP. Reroute ain't that good either, it's just okay.

Clayman cover art is pretty awful, definitely worse than ASOP. Reroute ain't that good either, it's just okay.
I think I liked it initially just because I liked the album, but yes it's pretty bad. Vitruvian man and a lot of bad photoshop filters.

Clayman's art isn't great but worse than owl boy and the gaping vagina mouth? Nah.

I'd agree that some N'Flaymz covers are a bit lackluster/bare (Clayman & STYE immediately come to mind), but...

3585006.jpg

Come on now, Whoracle is awesome.

Reactions: Jester Slave
So guys, I think they are done recording. Everyone is busy on different activities right now.

They definitely should be. They probably won't have time otherwise to finish it until much later in the year due to their own festival being held soon and then festivals and shit after it as well.

Well, they've kept a low profile with this one. On previous releases we had more studio updates.

It seems they’ve become more and more quiet with each release over the last 10 years, Anders said he had been working on vocals for at least two months, and they spent roughly three months over in LA, just a guesstimate. Exciting to see how this comes out, I personally can’t wait.
I think they’ve put a lot of work into this one, I wonder how many tracks will be on this record too..? they might even play some of the new songs live before the release? who knows :D

I remember with Battles they were bragging about their new stuff while recording. With Siren Charms they even leaked some songs names, like Everything's Gone, Become the Sky and Wasteland ( finally named Paralyzed). They are way too quiet with this one for now.
Also, Anders and Björn spent roughly two and a half months in LA and they probably wrote everything by themselves. The other members just came for a couple of weeks, recorded their parts and left. I 'm afraid this album will sound rushed and maybe uninspired with a few songs, just like Battles.

Anders & Bjorn project feat. a couple of random american dudes and Engelin. I don't have high hopes.

Clayman's art isn't great but worse than owl boy and the gaping vagina mouth? Nah.
Yes. It is worse. IF covers weren't really good with a few exceptions. My favourite is SOAPF, but I also like R2R, Clayman or Siren Charms. ASOP is not the worst and is definitely not between the worst ones. The old covers were, to me, boring as fuck.

Yes. It is worse. IF covers weren't really good with a few exceptions. My favourite is SOAPF, but I also like R2R, Clayman or Siren Charms. ASOP is not the worst and is definitely not between the worst ones. The old covers were, to me, boring as fuck.

boring as fuck? lol contrarian alert

It's kind of ironic though, I used to like the Clayman album art, but I think that's because I used to be a Clayman fanboy. I got a shirt of it too, but I barely wear it anymore. It just looks like a really bad photoshop job.

Again, SOAPF is definitely one of the best. Not only is it artistic, but it has a message of obvious apocalyptic vibes in the imagery.

Clayman is definitely the most boring of the older albums cover art. I think it's fine but just really uninspired compared to TJR, Whoracle, Colony or Reroute.

ASOP is just not appealing to me at all. Doesn't give me any In Flames vibes. SOAPF is cool though. Artistically similar in some ways to Reroute.

boring as fuck? lol contrarian alert

It's kind of ironic though, I used to like the Clayman album art, but I think that's because I used to be a Clayman fanboy. I got a shirt of it too, but I barely wear it anymore. It just looks like a really bad photoshop job.

Again, SOAPF is definitely one of the best. Not only is it artistic, but it has a message of obvious apocalyptic vibes in the imagery.
Fuck, I wrote Clayman. Sorry, I meant Come Clarity (WTF was I thinking about? :D)

Clayman is definitely the most boring of the older albums cover art. I think it's fine but just really uninspired compared to TJR, Whoracle, Colony or Reroute.

ASOP is just not appealing to me at all. Doesn't give me any In Flames vibes. SOAPF is cool though. Artistically similar in some ways to Reroute.
Cloudy skies, dark ambient, apocalyptic structures and or figures... all of them made and positioned in the same way and place, almost the same angle and perspective. Not really inspired or inspiring. At least, from R2R onwards they tried to be original when choosing the covers.

1000x1000.jpg whoracle.jpg b467f5c52f1e802517afb40055b27d90.953x953x1.jpg

Boring.

Last edited: