IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

It's not short time between albums, they've been writing a bunch I assume since they haven't been touring like madmen, so I don't agree it's rushed in anyway.
Well, you are right it's not that short time between the two albums. However, according to Anders they went to America with literally nothing and they had a full length album written, recorded and mixed in two and a half months.It seems a bit rushed to me.

What happened to Joe anyway?

Swedish metallers IN FLAMES have recruited American drummer Tanner Wayne, best known for his work with UNDERMINDED, SCARY KIDS SCARING KIDS and CHIODOS, to sit behind the kit for the band for their summer 2018 live appearances.

Wayne has stepped into IN FLAMES following the apparent recent departure of Joe Rickard, who played on the band's latest album, 2016's "Battles".

Tanner made his live debut with IN FLAMES last night (Wednesday, July 4) in Brno, Czech Republic

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/in-flames-recruits-drummer-tanner-wayne/

I think this is a temporary change, just for this tour. I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere an instagram story of Joe recording the drums for the new album.

12 songs from the last 4 albums in a 17 songs set list. Four of them from asop. Am i the only one who thinks that the previous albums are not being fairly represented?

12 songs from the last 4 albums in a 17 songs set list. Four of them from asop. Am i the only one who thinks that the previous albums are not being fairly represented?

Yeah I agree, they could've throw few old songs to that list.

Not only old songs, unless you considere r2r to cc old albums.

Well i consider them old but that wasn't what i meant. I was talking about Jester Race. Maybe they could've replace Here Until Forever or Where the Dead Ships Dwell with something from the Jester Race.

They could've but they didn't. But it amazes me that lesser albums from the modern if era have more presence than other albums that are clearly superior. They seem to be thinking of anything older than asop as old in flames. I wonder why.

Or, they've played thousands of shows and they know what songs work with the audience and not, you already know they've said countless of times they don't get the same reactions when they do TJR-Colony songs. It's just a TINY vocal minority in the audience screaming for Jotun or whatever. I also would like more older songs but I'm not delusional. I remember during the 2008 Gigantour when they did the medley things Anders were saying a bunch of times it might be the last time they perform these songs live if they don't get a good response (paraphrasing).

They might throw in more older songs on future shows though, it's not like it was ages ago, when I saw them in late 2015 it was the club tour where they had I think more pre-Clayman songs than post-Clayman songs. The Hive was a staple for years, and Moonshield was just on the last tour. This tour however seems to lack any pre-Clayman songs at the moment, maybe it'll change, who knows.

Actually I did, and you're implying that there should be more old songs in the setlist. I wouldn't mind that either but I don't agree that it SHOULD be. Just look at what Metallica's setlist has been the last decade. It's In Flames but reverse, they only play stuff from the earlier albums because that's what most people want to hear. Do you think the same that it should be fairly distributed and they should include songs from Load, Reload & St Anger?

Last edited:
If I understand correctly In Flames are gonna perform both days on their Festival later this month, so we'll probably hear a bigger variety of songs, will be interesting if that's the case.

They could've but they didn't. But it amazes me that lesser albums from the modern if era have more presence than other albums that are clearly superior. They seem to be thinking of anything older than asop as old in flames. I wonder why.

Maybe not even R2R, STYE and CC material is getting good enough responses from the crowds anymore?

Just a guess. I have no first-hand knowledge, as I haven't attended an In Flames show after 2006.