IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Apparently they played a random secret gig under a fake name with this setlist 2 days ago
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-flames/2018/kalmarsalen-kalmar-sweden-1beb25d0.html
Probably a warmup-show for songs they're playing at Borgholm today and tomorrow. Brought back some stuff from the last tour and added some more rarely played songs and some old songs, pretty decent mix. I'm interested to see if they play something really rare for one of the days this weekend.

Yup 1st day setlist boring as fuck, lets see what they played earlier tonight.

Also apparently setlist would probably have more less played songs but they didn't have time to rehearse due to short-notice drummer filling in they said.

Reactions: Ilias7
They announced a USA tour with Breaking Benjamin and 5FDP starting on the 29th of November. I suppose the new album will be released before that.

Edit: I've just realised they are not even headliners

Last edited:
I do it too. I play for my family in the hall of my house and it's always full. Though it's my daughter the one playing last.

I have to say that I do enjoy "Battles" if I am in the mood, however it has always been more of a background record for me, playing while I am doing other things! I am happy IF are putting out another album, yet after "Battles" I can't say that this fact has generated much excitement for me like a new album from IF in the past has. I will still be there on the front lines waiting to hear new material though! Lol!

Lmao, please don't let Everything's Gone be the one song from Siren Charms... it should be Through Oblivion or Paralyzed.
I do it too. I play for my family in the hall of my house and it's always full. Though it's my daughter the one playing last.
Not sure why you get so defensive, when he brings up a very valid point. Aside from the vocal minority who wants to believe they are some 3rd degree band, they are still selling out or even headlining shows. And the shittier you consider their latest records, the more impressive this feat becomes.

There was an interview with a Hungarian dude, who is a really famous musician here, and I saved it months ago, because he talked about something really relevant about some of the criticism IF is getting about their style. I was just too lazy to translate it, but now you triggered me. The background of this part of the interview is that he was in an electronic, Depeche Mode-copy band, which was reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal famous back in the day, but to the surprise of many, they disbanded and he went on with his also very successful solo career.

- And that was the year when you started thinking about going forward as a solo act?
- I did not think to myself that I want to continue on a different way [than being a band]. But I started working on my solo record back in ’92, after it was a recurring discussion within the band that I personally felt that our success was starting to bury us, becoming a weight, causing us to not think freely about our very own production. And in the band, we really had a democracy, so I brought it up to the others that we should implement some new elements in our music. For example I wanted some added guitars, and I’ve already started playing the guitar by then.
- Did you feel that the kind of electronic music you were playing was just generation phase, and it would die down in a few years?
- No, it was more like it’s real good, it’s real nice, but before it becomes too boring and repetitive, we should do something with it. But the band then voted against me 2 to 1, and their reasoning - which hit me hard though admittedly, it was a very logical conclusion -, so their reasoning was that it is what our audience wants. This sentence really made me think, because I kept thinking that my intention with creating and playing music was never to please an audience. I’m sorry.

Thinking that the band you liked is shit and a sellout just because they experiment with different stuff, is like thinking that your ex is a cheap whore, because she is with someone else now. It is physically painful to read when you unironically suggest that they should go on with a different name, or Anders should have went solo. The level of entitlement is off the roof.

And another thing is lyrics. You keep lullabying yourself into believing that IF lyrics suddenly became im14andthisisdeep. Aside from the astrology stuff, it's nearly the same. There is no difference between Colony, Paralyzed or The Truth. And how are songs like Drained, Like Sand or Through Oblivion suddenly childish, while you praise songs like Squared Nothing?
- For All the times you left me bleeding
- It seems I lost my direction
- Spent some quality time with the demon of mine
- These are my sins, I'm heading to fall
- Rip me open and erase me

Like THIS is definitely not angsty teenage lyrics, not even rip me open and erase me, but when he sings you ripped the heart out, my will to survive, aka the same fucking thing, then holy shit, who is this guy, why is he writing these lyrics, I miss old In Flames with their maturity and what not.

Yeah, TJR was definitely different, but pointing to that record and trying to pretend that it was the definitive In Flames record, and everything that alters from it is shit is a bit of a stretch. Also, while I know there are bands who do this, but making all your lyrics an orgy of metaphors and what not is not exactly art in my eyes. Being convoluted does not make you sophisticated.

Not sure why you get so defensive, when he brings up a very valid point. Aside from the vocal minority who wants to believe they are some 3rd degree band, they are still selling out or even headlining shows. And the shittier you consider their latest records, the more impressive this feat becomes.
I was being ironic.

I know they're relevant. I mean, they hited themselves as the headliners for a festival that they made. What other proof can we have of their relevance?

Yeah, TJR was definitely different, but pointing to that record and trying to pretend that it was the definitive In Flames record, and everything that alters from it is shit is a bit of a stretch. Also, while I know there are bands who do this, but making all your lyrics an orgy of metaphors and what not is not exactly art in my eyes. Being convoluted does not make you sophisticated.
I think that the last guy here who suggested something like this left the forum 200 years ago.

You people are always recurring to the straw man fallacy. I mean, recurring to tjr makes your position easier to defend. The problem is thst you're the one who talked about tjr. There's a wide spectrum of if albums and songs and the ones criticizing the actual if is people who liked almost everything that they released until soapf, this included. Talking about tjr is lame and it's false. Nobody cares about tjr anymore and only a stupid person would want them to make that album again and again.

Last edited:
Lastly, last time that i checked, being the opening act for two minor bands was not considered being relevant.

I think that the last guy here who suggested something like this left the forum 200 years ago.

You people are always recurring to the straw man fallacy. I mean, recurring to tjr makes your position easier to defend. The problem is thst you're the one who talked about tjr. There's a wide spectrum of if albums and songs and the ones criticizing the actual if is people who liked almost everything that they released until soapf, this included. Talking about tjr is lame and it's false. Nobody cares about tjr anymore and only a stupid person would want them to make that album again and again.
Don't act like December Flower is not one of the no1 song when people are complaining about dull IF lyrics. Also, I mentioned another song, not from TJR, so you could've just ignored it.
Lastly, last time that i checked, being the opening act for two minor bands was not considered being relevant.
Why are you acting stupid? It's a US tour, for US people. We all know it's an entirely different market. They can still headline in Europe, who cares about the US?

http://metal-exposure.com/preview-wacken-open-air-2018/ - what's that?? Headline?? Come on now, it's so tiring. How many fucking times and in how many fucking years do they have to be on the top row of these posters to accept it?

Don't act like December Flower is not one of the no1 song when people are complaining about dull IF lyrics. Also, I mentioned another song, not from TJR, so you could've just ignored it.

I like better the lyrics from dialogue with the stars. Don't when was the last time when december flower was mentioned here. Had we yet discovered the wheel or were we in a oreviojs state of the human evolution?

Why are you acting stupid? It's a US tour, for US people. We all know it's an entirely different market. They can still headline in Europe, who cares about the US?

So they're only headliners in sweden? Or are you saying that european bands are supporting bands when touring the usa.

Based on the timing of this US tour and when they are supposed to release their new album, seems to me like they are planning on being in the states anyways. They might have tour plans for their new album in the states and were going to be there anyways. Maybe just needed some filler dates.

Who knows, just a thought though.

I dunno if eochaid are calling Avenged & Five Finger minor bands or something, if you are then that's just laughable lol, Avenged and Five Finger are insanely bigger bands than In Flames, and ESPECIALLY in an North American tour. I'm not joking when I say Five Finger are probably bigger than IF in Sweden, last time I saw IF I think they were co-headlining with IF (obviously IF performing last in Sweden) and I think there was more people during Five Finger than when IF played after them, not by a large margin or anything though but still it was in Sweden, just shows you how big they are.

It's sad cause they are garbage, just like Avenged Sevenfold.