IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Maybe not even R2R, STYE and CC material is getting good enough responses from the crowds anymore?

Just a guess. I have no first-hand knowledge, as I haven't attended an In Flames show after 2006.
Well, there cannot be a reaction to songs that are not being played live.

They were playing many songs from those albums in 2015, though.

And I remember reading a review about a gig in Oulu, Finland where it said the band opened with "Superhero..." and many people didn't seem to recognize the song.
Can you define many? :tickled:

The thing about suoerhero... It's sad and shows the level of interest that new fans have in the band.

Sure. This was the set list of the said Oulu concert:

Superhero of the Computer Rage
Enter Tragedy
Darker Times
Siren Charms
Black & White
Square Nothing
Disconnected
Leeches
Like You Better Dead

Bullet Ride
Only for the Weak
Food for the Gods
Ordinary Story
Crawl Through Knives
Satellites and Astronauts
The Hive
Take This Life
Cloud Connected

Where the Dead Ships Dwell
Deliver Us
Paralyzed
My Sweet Shadow

8 out of 22 songs were from 2002-2006 so a fairly good representation.

Many of those old school fans who accepted the change in 2002-2004 finally lost interest in 2014-16. And probably even many of those who became fans around R2R were also alienated with SC/Battles. I've seen a lot of negative reactions even from "newer" fans. At the same time IF gained a lot of new followers too, of course. So, many fans who liked R2R/STYE/CC are gone now and replaced with people who were brought on by SC/Battles.

I don't know if it was mentioned before, but Howard Benson is confirmed to be the producer of the new album once again ( although there was no doubt considering the studio they were recording and the photos with mike plotnikoff ).

both anders and bjorn said the new album is like SOAPF. Also said "melodic and uptempo". SOAPF + Come Clarity and we got ourselves a winner.

both anders and bjorn said the new album is like SOAPF. Also said "melodic and uptempo". SOAPF + Come Clarity and we got ourselves a winner.
To me the melodic and uptempo doesn't give me Come Clarity vibes at all =/ Anders also said there's ''screaming on various tracks'' so feels like it'll be more rock than metal, but if the SOAPF thing is somewhat true that's a good thing.

Hmm didnt see the interview with Björn. Any links?
You have a PM. (Completely off-topic.)

On-topic. Really hope IF creates at least two really heavy tracks. I've really started to love Cyhra by the way. (Jesper's band.) Euge Valovirta even puts up how-to-plays for the songs. While they aren't that deep-going showing all layered guitars, it has to be appreciated anyway. Björn should do this. It is very interesting in my opinion.

Reactions: eochaid
Uptempo and melodic... how does that all of a sudden describe SOAPF? That describes Battles. Battles was uptempo and melodic, especially compared to SC. Now I know Anders called SOAPF specifically out but he also has said in interviews during the SC and Battles recordings that the band was writing the exact same way they did for TJR and other classics. Anyway, I hope by referencing SOAPF he means that a lot of thought and composition is going into it. That’s all I ask for.

They probably are writing the music the same way they've always done, just that the music they write doesn't sound the same.

So much to speculate and so little to go off of..
I personally think (and hope) they’ve put some time into this one. I’m a fan that loves all of their back catalogue and while I’d prefer something more aggressive, I’ll be happy with it as long as it’s creative, I’m positive that I will enjoy it.
Maybe they will announce the album at their festival in a few days? Or debut the first single? Wouldn’t be a bad way to do it ;)

The apathy on that profile pic suggests everything but sweet. But hey, I'm glad we have a new resident female member. Whatever happened to the last one.