IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

It looks like Niclas and Joe finally joined Anders and Bjorn in studio. Bryce is still on vacation

Anyone check out the recent At The Gates song — Daggers Of Black Haze? It’s a lot different than the other new songs and the best so far to me.

Classical intro (hearkens back to The Swarm)
Dissection-inspired verse riffs
Strong bass part with a weird and very satisfying key change
Mid-90s melodic death solo smothered in reverb (reminds me of The Jester Race)
Opethian style riff after solo (but not overbearing)
Fluttering acoustic guitar

Worth a look

Reactions: Ilias7
I kind of dig it. I think 10-15 years ago I probably would have liked it a lot. I guess my music tastes have softened a bit.

I kind of dig it. I think 10-15 years ago I probably would have liked it a lot. I guess my music tastes have softened a bit.

Some might say, just like Anders you have gone soft.:D

Read a new interview with Niclas

"Now, you have remained quite busy with In Flames as well, and there will even be touring throughout Europe this summer. What else is upcoming with In Flames?

Niclas Engelin – We are recording a new album as we speak in Los Angeles, and hope to have some new stuff coming your way during the fall/winter. We are in the middle of making the album so it’s hard to tell right now."

Earlier than I expected actually, i'll be very happy if we can hear it this year.

Full interview: https://crypticrock.com/interview-niclas-engelin-of-engel-talks-abandon-all-hope/

How is it earlier than expected if they're in middle of recordings in May? If anything, a winter release will be later than expected.

Well, I told you that the new album will probably be released by the end of 2018. They follow pretty much the same time schedule with Battles in 2016 (maybe with a small delay). They have some live shows in July, so the recordings will be done by June.

I don't think that it's you. The new songs do not sound like something new or exciting or fresh.. They sound old. Maybe this is why.

How is it earlier than expected if they're in middle of recordings in May? If anything, a winter release will be later than expected.

You say that but Siren Charms recorded at December 2013 but released September 2014. So I was expecting it to be 2019, early spring maybe. Its not like it didnt happened before.

You say that but Siren Charms recorded at December 2013 but released September 2014. So I was expecting it to be 2019, early spring maybe. Its not like it didnt happened before.

Siren Charms was supposed to be released early in 2014, but it was pushed back due to label issues.

Some might say, just like Anders you have gone soft.:D

I wouldn't go that far :D Anders has gone soft like a solid turd melting in the sun. I've just mellowed a little in my old age.

I don't think that it's you. The new songs do not sound like something new or exciting or fresh.. They sound old. Maybe this is why.

Well, I still dig the 90's ATG stuff so you're probably right. I know Lindberg has always been somewhat shrieky, but his vocals bother me much more now than they did back then.

Reactions: eochaid
I really digged Siren Charms, Battles was above average also imo. That teaser looks good, like the more oldschool Jester in the centre.

The only IF artwork I hate is ASOP. Everything else ranges from average to great.

ASOP isn't bad, it's just, weird.

Best art is definitely TJR-Colony though. Would have Colony as my wallpaper for a shitload of things.
Actually, speaking of wallpapers, pretty sure SOAPF is my phone's.

Choosing my favourite artwork is hard. Probably a tie between Whoracle/Colony, as I dig the dystopian style of both. TJR is a close second. Reroute looks nice too.

ASOP isn't bad, it's just, weird.

Best art is definitely TJR-Colony though. Would have Colony as my wallpaper for a shitload of things.
Actually, speaking of wallpapers, pretty sure SOAPF is my phone's.

Yeah I’m using SOAPF art as my wallpaper on phone as well for a long time.