IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

I guess Amazon really made a mistake releasing the song today. No word on social media or anything about the release?

Also I noticed the YouTube takedown mentions Nuclear Blast. So I guess they are with them again.

Well, what a pleasant surprise leak.

- Intro: This is what I expect from IF. Cool little riff and probably among the best moments they've had since A New Dawn. Unfortunately, the whole thing screams for some harmonized lead in later part, but instead they slow the drums down a go straight into...
- Verse: Not really a big fan of these kind of riffs (they did it a few times before), but with growls it works just fine.
- Chorus: My Goood I hate that Battles sound, but at least it picks up a bit later on. Me, you, he, she, it... not my kind of thing. Not terrible either I guess.
- Bridge: Wow, a piece of music outside of regular Verse-Chorus-Verse-Chorus-Solo-Chorus structure. Quite nice.
- Solo: Standard issue wahing and atonal wanking aside, a decent effort if a bit uninspired.
- Last chorus: This is the feeling... ugh. The guy can't sing, I and it's just bad.

So, all things considered a solid song without cringy moments so common for newer IF albums. A little deviation from their standard songwriting format these days. Bass is non-existing, drums are robotic and soulless (now, compare this to Alex from Cyhra...), and I think guitars could do with a little bit more crunch on riffing parts and better sound for solo sections (Bjorn seems to like this thin sound since SOAPF).

Best we can hope at this moment is Battles+ album.

I guess Amazon really made a mistake releasing the song today. No word on social media or anything about the release?

Also I noticed the YouTube takedown mentions Nuclear Blast. So I guess they are with them again.

Pretty weird for it to suddenly show up with no fanfare or indication, other than Anders posting a few Instagram images. Also only being available to people in the US when IF traditional fanbase is in Europe.

Just noticed it's no longer available on Amazon US? Now it says "pre-order available on Dec 14". Damn, if that was the date it was due to release they really did fuck up :D

Reactions: Ilias7
Do you get a strike too if you upload it unlisted?

Anyways, one extra cool thing about the song is the guitar after the solo. I'm too lazy to be bothered to timestamp it, but basically, after the solo, the lead guitar continues, but there is a very fucking cool riff repeated two times at the background. It's really nice and not that buried.

I like how we now consider it a positive when the band don't totally bury a cool riff into the mix so you can barely hear it :D

Reactions: eochaid
Anyways, one extra cool thing about the song is the guitar after the solo. I'm too lazy to be bothered to timestamp it, but basically, after the solo, the lead guitar continues, but there is a very fucking cool riff repeated two times at the background. It's really nice and not that buried.
I've heard it. Different guitar tone. Maybe Niclas. It keeps on a little after Anders starrs singing again.

I like how we now consider it a positive when the band don't totally bury a cool riff into the mix so you can barely hear it :D
We're talking about a song with no, until now, negative feedback in this thread. Which is an amazing achievement.

We're talking about a song with no, until now, negative feedback in this thread. Which is an amazing achievement.

That’s what I was thinking. Early this morning after I snagged it off amazon, I told my brother this was a mistake. I downloaded it on my computer as soon as I did just in case they removed it by chance. I’m glad I did, but it wouldn’t have mattered I guess since I bought it. You never know though.

Reactions: Jaymzkrueger
That’s what I was thinking. Early this morning after I snagged it off amazon, I told my brother this was a mistake. I downloaded it on my computer as soon as I did just in case they removed it by chance. I’m glad I did, but it wouldn’t have mattered I guess since I bought it. You never know though.

But yea overall feedback has been on the more positive side. Fingers crossed for the rest of the album. Rumor has it he wrote a ballad for his dog this time.

I have downloaded it locally as well but have been playing it with the app so they haven’t totally retracted it yet.

I just noticed the total lack of electronics in this song. Interesting.
Well there is the synth at the beginning of each chorus. And the intro. But yeah, much more dialed back. Looks like the keyboard guy is also on questionable status like the drummer and bassist?

But yea overall feedback has been on the more positive side. Fingers crossed for the rest of the album. Rumor has it he wrote a ballad for his dog this time.[/QUOTE]

Lmao

Yeah I'm so surprised feedback has been so positive (in flames terms) but it's a great tune to be honest. I like the whole darker schtick they're going for with this, and if Anders said in an interview it was more like SoaPF than battles (which he did) then hopefully we can expect more of the same!

The interesting one for me now is what sort of song they choose to release as the second single (which I would expect mid to late January), whether they keep it up with a heavier song or if they choose a more radio song

It’s shocking to see the amount of positivity regarding the new song, I never thought I would see this with a new track being discussed on here.
You guys can be pretty ruthless in regards to the later IF releases. :rofl:
With that said I think this new track is a breath of fresh air and what perhaps they’ve been trying to achieve for a while in later albums, it’s good to see agressive Anders back in business, why it’s been such a long absence with his style of low growls is beyond me but he absolutely nails it, puts the rest of the kids in the biz to shame imo.
I haven’t been able to listen to the song again since earlier today from the YT rip but thanks for that sis.
I got a lot of nostalgia from the track, the riffs around the solo mark reminds me a lot of Crawl Through Knives, anyone else get that vibe?
Can’t wait to hear more, exciting times.

Reactions: eochaid and Ilias7
Also their next show is Friday so if they release the song this week they might debut it then if werew lucky! Then we'll see how it comes across live

Sidenote that reminds me as I was absent from the forum at the time, but I saw the boys on their tour with 5FDP at Wembley last year, saw Dead Alone live. that was on my list of "songs I'd kill to see but know I never will" and so I was veey happy. Also the light show they had, my god, the videos on YouTube don't do it justice man! It was insane. Oh and I saw Leeches last January to lol, that was good

Need to see them again... 3 times so far isn't enough

Reactions: Jester Slave
Sidenote that reminds me as I was absent from the forum at the time, but I saw the boys on their tour with 5FDP at Wembley last year, saw Dead Alone live. that was on my list of "songs I'd kill to see but know I never will" and so I was veey happy. Also the light show they had, my god, the videos on YouTube don't do it justice man! It was insane. Oh and I saw Leeches last January to lol, that was good

Need to see them again... 3 times so far isn't enough

I was there too dude, that red light display during Dead Alone was incredible, it sounded amazing too. I recorded it on my phone but not sure how great the quality is compared to the vids on YouTube, it saddened me just how many people were wearing 5FDP merch, IF should of definitely headlined that shit

Reactions: TheJestersDoor