IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

It's difficult to add personality to the druns ehen you don't even know what's your status in the band. So you just do what you're told to do.

Agree, and that's basically exactly what the drums sound like. Someone paid to do a basic job. It's listenable but at the same time it really sucks, especially when we've been used to hearing Daniel for so many years. I didn't really appreciate his input until I heard the last few albums without him. Peter, on the other hand, could have been replaced by Slave and we probably wouldn't have noticed a difference.

Reactions: eochaid
Drums have more influence, or are more listenable, specially in metal music. And it was never a big deal in In Flames. Though everyone praises Peter as a great bassist. At least everyone that knows him.

I have no doubt Peter is great at what he does, he just never had a chance to show it with In Flames. You could hear his influence a little better with Cyhra, so it's a shame he didn't have time to continue with them.

Reactions: eochaid
The actual drum patterns are good compared to the last album, it just sounds soul-less. I can live with it but it's dissapointing. The cymbal is the worst...

Reactions: Ilias7
That delicious little 80's bass fill on "With Eyes Wide Open" automatically makes Siren Charms Peter's best album, imo. Fuuuuuck. I'm actually serious here. That little bass interlude on "Through Oblivion" was also nice. Otherwise you almost never hear the guy.

You want to hear truly excellent In Flames bass work? First three albums, especially Whoracle. Johan was legendary. That "Gyroscope" intro! I've no doubt Peter is just as talented, but he never got the chance to show it off.

Reactions: Ilias7 and eochaid
If the album title is "I, the Mask" then I hope the album artwork looks like this:

The-Mask-1.jpg

Smmmmmokin'.

I think we might get the video tommorw, I've seen a lot of bands releasing new singles on a Wednesday recently

Maybe I'm just hoping beyond hope lol

Battles is unlistenable after playing the new track. Every song sounds so weak and slow like they are purposefully playing against a metronome at 70% speed. But Battles had a clearer bass tone and sound. On this album the bass guitar is more buried/integrated across all instruments.

I wonder if the line " my god, I don't need you" is the reason why Joe left the band :rofl:

I like to think somebody gave him a TJR/Whoracle combined copy to sign, and he checked the back and was like "What's this? Dead God in Me? Episode 666? That isn't the In Flames I'm in, is it? We've never played any of these!" ... a few hours later Joe is back in his hometown, having his head dunked in water by his local pastor whilst praying for forgiveness and crying into his bible.

Battles is unlistenable after playing the new track. Every song sounds so weak and slow like they are purposefully playing against a metronome at 70% speed. But Battles had a clearer bass tone and sound. On this album the bass guitar is more buried/integrated across all instruments.

I think I'd rather listen to Siren Charms than Battles. I mean, ideally I wouldn't listen to either, but if I had to choose, it'd probably be Siren Charms. At least it's kind of interesting in how utterly weird it is.

Reactions: Ilias7 and eochaid
I have no doubt Peter is great at what he does, he just never had a chance to show it with In Flames. You could hear his influence a little better with Cyhra, so it's a shame he didn't have time to continue with them.
When I think of memorable bass moments in IF only thing I can remember is the little bridge/solo part in Insipid 2000. I do really like the bass production on Come Clarity though, it was really dirty and thick sounding, especially in Dead End it was great.

I saw that you or some other sister of destruction uploaded the new song on youtube, but it was taken down.
I did the mistake of uploading Deliver Us I think and a new Dark Tranquillity track years back, not doing that shit again, gave me 2 strikes instantly, there's no point in uploading stuff before album is released unless you want it removed instantly.

Reactions: Ilias7
The only thing that new if sounds better than are my farts. Wait. No. Even my farts sound better thatn SC and battles.

When I think of memorable bass moments in IF only thing I can remember is the little bridge/solo part in Insipid 2000. I do really like the bass production on Come Clarity though, it was really dirty and thick sounding, especially in Dead End it was great.

Bass has pretty much always been "just there" for IF. Nothing wrong with it, but no memorable moments either. Agree on the CC bass sound, it was pretty good. Guitars just needed to have a little less crunch as they at times overwhelm the other instruments. Vocals could also have been mastered a little better. Good album regardless.