IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

*ahem* I was born between whoracle and Colony coming out XD

Absolutely love TJR-Clayman material just as much as the post R2R stuff. Lunar strain doesn't do anything for me. Bit of an odd one but are we expecting a new DT album next year as well?

Yeah, I don’t think age means you can’t be an old school fan. Look at Sister of Destruction. I have no idea how but she talks just like a fan from 2001.

What we call the "old" In Flames would probably be considered ancient to most fans these days :D a fair portion of IF fans won't even have been born when the likes of Lunar Strain or TJR were released.
Guess it's different for different bands I guess. I know when people say old Metallica they always mean the first 4 or 5 records still. No one calls St Anger old Metallica just because it's 15 years old :D

In fairness, I get the feeling Sundin was more interested in space, seeing beauty in dead flowers, etc, than Anders ever was :D
Just a quick reply on this one (it's ancient already, I know): beauty in dead flowers is actually coming from Anders on Clayman. Other than that, sure, Sundin was much more into it, but still, I liked most of Anders lyrics until ASOP.

As for the new track - damn, guys, what's wrong with you? :D
In terms of vocals, the chorus is so much Battles, with the "Save Me" high pitches near the end... Sure, better than most of Battles (plus dem growlz), but too close to it for my taste. I like that it's more guitar driven, but still, countless repeating of the feeling he's been waiting for doesn't work for me. 6.5/10 for the effort, I liked The End more as a single.
And the lyrics suck big time.

I don't know if the video will be interesting but, at least, seems like some fresh air.

As for the new track - damn, guys, what's wrong with you?

I was made some checkings. The doctor says that I'm ok.

In terms of vocals, the chorus is so much Battles, with the "Save Me" high pitches near the end... Sure, better than most of Battles (plus dem growlz), but too close to it for my taste

I think it's more soapf but different people hear different things. Also, he growls and screams. Did I say that he growls and screams?

I like that it's more guitar driven, but still, countless repeating of the feeling he's been waiting for doesn't work for me.

It's one of Bjorn biggest efforts since soapf. He actually worked on his music. That's wonderful. Also the music is cool, hard, aggressive, metal. And I listen to Iron Maiden, so I jave to listen like 1000 times lines as inspiring as "seventh son of a seventh son". They have a chorus whose only word is a long oh. What I mean is that I don't care about stupid lyrics as long as I like the music.

, I liked The End more as a single.

The end is better as a single. A catchy song. That's what is needed as a single. This song is hard to diggest. But so it was the quiet place, as an example.

Reactions: Ilias7
Guess it's different for different bands I guess. I know when people say old Metallica they always mean the first 4 or 5 records still. No one calls St Anger old Metallica just because it's 15 years old :D

True, but then In Flames have 13 albums in 24 years, whereas Metallica have 10 (ignoring the weird collaborations/cover albums) in 36 years...

We still have room on Anders Manlove Crew for you and @DE4life, maybe you will change your view after the new album. :D

I'll always love Anders for some things, mostly pre-2008, but there are too many things I want to slap him in the face for to ever be a member of the AMC... sorry :D

Just a quick reply on this one (it's ancient already, I know): beauty in dead flowers is actually coming from Anders on Clayman. Other than that, sure, Sundin was much more into it, but still, I liked most of Anders lyrics until ASOP.

Good point, although to me Clayman was the last album Anders put any serious thought into the lyrics on. There is some good stuff post Clayman but there's a stark difference in quality from R2R onwards.

As for the new track - damn, guys, what's wrong with you? :D
In terms of vocals, the chorus is so much Battles, with the "Save Me" high pitches near the end... Sure, better than most of Battles (plus dem growlz), but too close to it for my taste. I like that it's more guitar driven, but still, countless repeating of the feeling he's been waiting for doesn't work for me. 6.5/10 for the effort, I liked The End more as a single.
And the lyrics suck big time.

Pretty much agree. Chorus is Battles with better production. Verses are a weird hybrid of various past albums. 6.5 is about right, and I also preferred The End.

As for the video, meh. Don't really care. At least it isn't a COD stream or whatever the fuck the last one was.