IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Really good show in dallas tonight I thought. It poured down rain at the very beginning of the In flames set. Lots of energy seemed to stem from it. Overall was really happy with it. Could have played a few more older hits, but it’s whatever. I have seen them perform much lower in the past. The last few shows I have been to the energy seems to be much higher. That’s a big positive high note for me.

From ashes to new was cringy as fuck, especially between songs. But hey that’s just my opinion.

Reactions: Ilias7

Not sure if the quality is good enough to see all the rain. We stood off to the side cause my wife is pregnant.

First of all, congrats man! :D I missed 2 IF concerts at 2011&2012 and they never came to Turkey again. Still waiting for them to come, hell I'm willing to travel to Greece or Bulgaria!! :D

Saw that interview was gonna share it! So from his own words now it's more guitar drivenh and heavier(he says don't take it for granted, so don't expect come clarity 2.0, but SoaPF seems a fitting comparison now we have heard a track)
Man I can't wait for the official press release when they announce the album

Anders was really reluctant to apply any labels to the album. Even the term heavier he was reluctant with. At least he said it was more guitar driven. That’s a really good update interview though.

Yeah he was really uncomfortable describing it.

Also note how he said it was him and bjorn who did the album, no mention of Niclas, and The 2 American chaps aren't on it either. Programmed drums and bass anyone?

Edit: hopefully I'm wrong, but even if I'm not, if the music is good it won't matter

Last edited:
Yeah he was really uncomfortable describing it.

Also note how he said it was him and bjorn who did the album, no mention of Niclas, and The 2 American chaos aren't on it either. Programmed drums and bass anyone?

Edit: hopefully I'm wrong, but even if I'm not, if the music is good it won't matter

Nah, I think all Anders meant by that was that him and Bjorn wrote the music, hence not wanting too many chefs at work.
Joe did the drums for the album before taking leave for Tanner.

I also read somewhere that the reason for Joe’s departure was because he picked up a back injury before the summer shows and I think he preferred being a session artist for bands in the studio than to have a heavy touring schedule

Nah, I think all Anders meant by that was that him and Bjorn wrote the music, hence not wanting too many chefs at work.
Joe did the drums for the album before taking leave for Tanner.

I also read somewhere that the reason for Joe’s departure was because he picked up a back injury before the summer shows and I think he preferred being a session artist for bands in the studio than to have a heavy touring schedule
Yep. That's what he meant.

"No. They are part of the band for sure, but me and Björn [Gelotte, guitar] have been working for three months for this album. We are a strong band, and I think live, everybody comes together. But when it comes to writing, you don't want too many chefs. We've been doing it for such a long time, we know what we want, and we wanna get there as fast as possible, you know what I mean? But they bring a lot to the table, of course — the community, the feeling of the band and everything. So, yeah… [They're] awesome guys."

Reactions: Riamu
As an atheist I'm as much into this bands as I am into christian rock. They feel more like a pose than a real philosophy. And, if you really want to upset christians, you should depict Lucifer as the good guy, not that christian caricature.

I feel bad for Niclas not being part of the writing process. Anders and Bjorn have proven that they can write a good album by themselves ( SOAPF ), but I'm sure they could use some fresh ideas from Niclas.

Don't be so sad, I'm not sure he wants to be fully involved either. Doesn't he still write the music for Engel? He has a bunch of other sideprojects/bands as well. Plus I think his old job was a painter and I think he still does some of that stuff too.

I was going to say similar, he has a handful of side projects and different groups he works with, he was posting on social media of him being in the studio back home writing for Drömriket I think? Or another group.. while Anders and Bjorn were out in LA, I think he was credited for writing some parts of Battles though,

I think the cool thing about this next release is they spent 3 months writing and recording and I’m sure that will show throughout the album

To me Engel indirectly writes for the band. Every time I hear In Flames do “modern riffing” it sounds like straight off of an Engel album.

By the way, painter? You mean a house painter or an artistic painter?

I feel bad for Niclas not being part of the writing process. Anders and Bjorn have proven that they can write a good album by themselves ( SOAPF ), but I'm sure they could use some fresh ideas from Niclas.
Niclas has been busy writting for his new band. I don't think that he really cares about writting for IF.