IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Whenever I saw Jesper smile in live shots, I always wondered if he was really enjoying himself or grimacing due to an ulcer or something.

upload_2018-12-20_9-21-41.png

:D

If they ever play ASOP in its entirety I hope they also record it. The #1 reason I'm not a big fan of the album isn't the music itself really, but the poppy production. When the songs are played live they instantly sound better imo.

Production and vocals on ASOP are total shit. They make that album very hard to listen to. It would definitely be much improved if played and recorded professionally live. Unlikely to happen though. More likely to hear Siren Charms or Battles in their entirety, but totally acoustic.

I assume he is. Slave will be like:

tenor.gif

Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks
Why can't he leave them alone? How does he dare not only having an opinion but also making it public as if he has the same rights as anyone of us?

That's because he is lol, don't forget he said some tracks on Battles are some of the best songs IF has written. He's just being pathetic imo.
Btw according to Jespers instagram reason he didnt tour with Cyhra it seems he had a stroke.

Also he doesn't seem to be sarcastic judging from him liking all the posts praising the song.

Last edited:
I think it was a seizure rather than a stroke, but yeah, scary stuff. It's not uncommon with people who have abused drugs/alcohol to the level Jesper has, though. That shit catches up with you.

From his Instagram seems he replaced alcohol with marijuanna. That’s probably healthier if you have advanced liver disease but still not exactly sober.

Looks like he also married a super model recently...

That's because he is lol, don't forget he said some tracks on Battles are some of the best songs IF has written. He's just being pathetic imo.
Btw according to Jespers instagram reason he didnt tour with Cyhra it seems he had a stroke.

Also he doesn't seem to be sarcastic judging from him liking all the posts praising the song.
So he's lost his mind.

I don't remember him praising battles. Just things like "do you own albums" and "they should change their name".

But if he likes it, could it be a sign that sweden is becoming a country of pussies?

Reactions: Jaymzkrueger
So he's lost his mind.

I don't remember him praising battles. Just things like "do you own albums" and "they should change their name".

But if he likes it, could it be a sign that sweden is becoming a country of pussies?
It was during some 1 hour Q&A thing he did on Facebook in 2017 sometime I believe, he said something along the lines of "there are some fillers but there's also some really good stuff, some of the best they've written" (that's me paraphrasing).

I think when he rants like that is when he's depressed or something, and writes out random frustrations. Could be his true feelings, but could also just be saying shit cause he's mad.

Sweden sadly like most of the western world is becoming more pussified and politically correct, yes.
Don't think that has anything to do with Jesper though ;P The dude likes all types of music, I think he's linked rap and hip hop and all sorts of stuff on his facebook.

Did he mean Battles was some of the best stuff IF have ever written, or just the best stuff Hipster Hamster & Bjorn have written? Obviously quite a big difference between those two statements...

Reactions: eochaid
Jesper’s the only musician I know who will wade into the comments sections and respond to posts that talk shit about him. He’s a little unusual, lol. In a way he reminds me of Mike Portnoy. Still, he writes good music.

Maybe he could be the Kanye of Gothenburg.

I think when he rants like that is when he's depressed or something, and writes out random frustrations. Could be his true feelings, but could also just be saying shit cause he's mad.

That makes sense.

Sweden sadly like most of the western world is becoming more pussified and politically correct, yes.

We are still way ahead from you. Being pussies I mean.

Whenever I saw Jesper smile in live shots, I always wondered if he was really enjoying himself or grimacing due to an ulcer or something.
While we don't know the exact level and depth of his problems, one can only imagine that he had at least sparks of genuine enjoyment on the stage. It must be an out of world experience to see so many people being in an ecstatic state over the humble songs you have written. That has to be such a confidence boost. The problem is that between two shows you still feel like a piece of shit.
I assume he is. Slave will be like:

tenor.gif
Talking shit is fine. Deleting it is not. Being offended when others talk shit about you is not.

Also, how come Anders gets pages long, seemingly endless comments talking about how he is an old dude writing teenage lyrics, when Jesper is around the same age and acting like a teenage bitch? Not only you don't find this pathetic, you seem to enjoy it.

Now cross your hearts and tell me if the tables were turned you wouldn't bark at Anders for criticizing IF in such a childish way.
Jesper’s the only musician I know who will wade into the comments sections and respond to posts that talk shit about him. He’s a little unusual, lol. In a way he reminds me of Mike Portnoy. Still, he writes good music.

Maybe he could be the Kanye of Gothenburg.
Kanye and Jesper are both insecure fucks. The difference is that Kanye is still an extremely talented artist and he still puts out good music between his mental breakdowns, while Jesper hasn't done anything remarkable since ASOP - that is, if you consider his work on that album remarkable. And don't mention Cyhra, because while that record was good imo, it's really nothing special.

Also, how come Anders gets pages long, seemingly endless comments talking about how he is an old dude writing teenage lyrics, when Jesper is around the same age and acting like a teenage bitch?

Probably because Anders is a current, active member of the band this forum and indeed thread topic is based on, whilst Jesper is not.

Also Jesper becomes relevant with his odd outbursts like, once every few months? Not even sure this one counts as he might not even be mocking them.

Did he mean Battles was some of the best stuff IF have ever written, or just the best stuff Hipster Hamster & Bjorn have written? Obviously quite a big difference between those two statements...
Good question, the way he said it could be interpreted that way but I don't think he was only talking about SOAPF and after. If you got time check his facebook, should be those long videos from January 2017 I believe. I also think he said he had plans to do/write a DZ album this year, which obviously didn't happen.