IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

In his defense, he’s the frontman and he’s basically expected to be doing and saying things like that.

It sounds strange to me. It's not a normal way of talking.

"In JesterHeads We Trust" :D yeah, so much so that you let the fan club wither and rot into nothing. Good job.

The jesterheads are dead! Long live the jesterheads! Actually do new fans call themselves jesterheads? Maybe he’s trying to revive it.

In his defense, he’s the frontman and he’s basically expected to be doing and saying things like that.
Did he also ask you to sleep with him?:p

When I read Anders and then read what musicians like Bruce Dickinson says... it's kind of embarrasing to think that Anders is 44 years old now and it's talking like some kind of emohipster Justin Bieber.

It sounds strange to me. It's not a normal way of talking.

"In JesterHeads We Trust" :D yeah, so much so that you let the fan club wither and rot into nothing. Good job.
The guys that retweeted an 8 years old fanboy calling everyone that did not like SC false fans or something like that.

He does care my ass.

Did he also ask you to sleep with him?:p

When I read Anders and then read what musicians like Bruce Dickinson says... it's kind of embarrasing to think that Anders is 44 years old now and it's talking like some kind of emohipster Justin Bieber.
Basically all he is saying is “thanks to the fans, without your support we couldn’t do this”. He used a lot more words but I don’t really see a problem there. Could he say it better? Yeah. But no surprise because he could write his lyrics better too.

All bands say similar things. And yeah, the whole band-fan relationship IS kind of like a cult. Whether it’s In Flames jesterheads, Slipknot maggots, ICP juggalos, black metal hordes, Girls Generation sones, Blackpink blinks, Super Junior ELFs, New York Yankees fans, Green Bay Packers fans, Democrats, Republicans, ...

Reactions: ThePhobiac
Bjorn is a pretty good painter
42406111_344713556102834_1180450783070093349_n.jpg

31326509_1680493455398830_33877989066276864_n.jpg

41813731_2167947866754983_8971048862992971984_n.jpg

Source:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bigj9sogUUz/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn9vX9iA41G/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BoZJCugA5XM/

HA HA HA, bants.

Anyway, I wish Bjorn would put as much effort into his music as he does his paintings.

Why is that article written like it's an advertisement?

It is an advertisement.
They didn't describe ITM as a dark album like SC or more up-lifting like Battles. Only that is dedicated to their fans.
I like the fact that there is a story behind the artwork, which coinsides with each song. It gives me the impression of a concept album

Basically all he is saying is “thanks to the fans, without your support we couldn’t do this”. He used a lot more words but I don’t really see a problem there. Could he say it better? Yeah. But no surprise because he could write his lyrics better too.

All bands say similar things. And yeah, the whole band-fan relationship IS kind of like a cult. Whether it’s In Flames jesterheads, Slipknot maggots, ICP juggalos, black metal hordes, Girls Generation sones, Blackpink blinks, Super Junior ELFs, New York Yankees fans, Green Bay Packers fans, Democrats, Republicans, ...
It's ok if that's the level that you consider to be acceptable for a speech. Though it's pure populism of a really low level.

But remember that they offered songs like this is our house to their fans knowing that half of them are going to be upset about the song. And I bet that's not the worst song of the album.

I can only compare it to sony releasing the ps classic and people finding that it's a shit. Hey, they did it for the fans.

Last edited:
I Am Above - actually quite a nice little track and been stuck in my head for a couple days.

Our House(in the middle of our street) - is really what I expected from new In Flames... Predictable and honestly just a bare-minimum attempt at the modern day accessible/pop-metal sound. I CAN enjoy that type of music. I like the simple structure and electronics and the catchiness of it all sometimes... Good for long drives or the gym. I dont really expect anything more from the band these days. Could do without the child choir though...

I Am Above was actually a pleasant surprise for me as I was really coming in with not much expectation; Just a solid modern catchy metal song.

Battles really had a lot of "meh" songs I only ever listened to once. I hope this new album has a few more at least, um, replayable ones.

Reactions: Jaymzkrueger
I Am Above - actually quite a nice little track and been stuck in my head for a couple days.

Our House(in the middle of our street) - is really what I expected from new In Flames... Predictable and honestly just a bare-minimum attempt at the modern day accessible/pop-metal sound. I CAN enjoy that type of music. I like the simple structure and electronics and the catchiness of it all sometimes... Good for long drives or the gym. I dont really expect anything more from the band these days. Could do without the child choir though...

I Am Above was actually a pleasant surprise for me as I was really coming in with not much expectation; Just a solid modern catchy metal song.

Battles really had a lot of "meh" songs I only ever listened to once. I hope this new album has a few more at least, um, replayable ones.

Honestly I feel like I could take this post and replace it with songs/titles from the previous album and it would still make perfect sense...

The End - actually quite a nice little track and been stuck in my head for a couple days.

The Truth - is really what I expected from new In Flames... Predictable and honestly just a bare-minimum attempt at the modern day accessible/pop-metal sound. I CAN enjoy that type of music. I like the simple structure and electronics and the catchiness of it all sometimes... Good for long drives or the gym. I dont really expect anything more from the band these days. Could do without the child choir though...

The End was actually a pleasant surprise for me as I was really coming in with not much expectation; Just a solid modern catchy metal song.

Siren Charms really had a lot of "meh" songs I only ever listened to once. I hope this new album has a few more at least, um, replayable ones.

Yep.

It's the modus operandi.

In Flames: "You want a new song? Here you go."

Fans: "Dude, this is pretty good. Hope this represents what the album will sound l--"

In Flames: "SIKE! Trolled you hard. Here's something you'll hate."

Fans: "FUUUUCK YOUUUUU"

In Flames: "How is this so easy."

Haha everyone has noticed the similarities with both singles on the last album already...

Except, I still hate The Truth. House is only slightly listenable imo ; )

"The Truth" is just a reworking of its superior Siren Charms counterpart, but to be honest I've always liked it. I do love the 80's-style clean guitars in the verses, Anders' vocals in those passages remind me of his work on Passenger. That's never a bad thing for me, since imo that album is easily Anders' best work. The closer he gets to replicating his performance in that project, the better. Pop Flames is fine by me if it veers into Passenger territory, basically.

"House" has some undeniable hooks, even though I don't really like the song. Like that "THIS IS OUR TIME" passage. I dig the guitar work there. It gets stuck in my head in ways that other songs I don't like, like "Delight and Angers" and "Here Until Forever," do not. So that's a plus for me.

I think the similarities between the first two singles on Battles and I, the Mask comes down to the band wanting to show that they can do both aggression and melody, so they choose the songs that, in their view, best represent that duality. Obviously what they consider aggressive/melodic doesn't jive with what a lot of fans think, but w/e.

In another timeline Anders & Bjorn put In Flames on hiatus after Siren Charms. Anders took Engelin and resurrected Passenger, whilst Bjorn went over to Cyhra and brought the glory days back on guitar with Jesper.

We're in that mid-way timeline where Cyhra does exist but with Euge instead of Bjorn (which is still pretty good) and In Flames still exists but other than one or two tracks pumps out largely forgettable stuff.

Worst timeline Jesper ded, and everything after SC sounds like The Truth and (This is Our) House. Krofius turned to the dark side and started up an IF protest group. Ciko went insane and started listening to Backstreet Boys and N*Sync to cope. Slave became Hungarian president and his first order was to find and destroy all copies of Lunar Strain. He's currently put Hungary in dispute with Poland as he ordered Hungarian secret service to kidnap Sister and bring her to the Hungarian dungeons.

So, I guess this timeline is OK.