IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

The new Cyhra was described as very riff oriented and much more guitar heavy with both Jesper and Euge contributing equally. They aren’t going to have death vocals but I’m going to bet Cyhra2 is going to beat I, The Mask. Euge was super hyped and in beast mode all along for the recording, obviously has something to prove and the energy to do it. They ran out of time in the studio to finish everything and spent several weeks/months afterwards finalizing solos and everything. I’m expecting SOAPF quality or higher.
It's one of my favorite bands too. Actually my favorite band is The Night Flight Orchestra which is actually the main composers behind Soilwork changing names in order to do something totally different. :p

I saw them in concert three times, here are pictures from their show in Paris this month:

https://www.eliebescont.com/single-post/2018/12/13/THE-NIGHT-FLIGHT-ORCHESTRA---Live-in-Paris-2018
Yeah I love Night Flight as well, especially Skyline Whispers album. The chorus in Living for the Nighttime is just glorious.

Just listened to the most recent Night Flight Orchestra album. A lot different than I expected. Its like tongue in cheek 80s hard rock? Not really my cup of tea but I’ll try to give it a chance.

Listening to the album is like listening to a single long song.

Last edited:
Thought the contrast between the aggression of the music and the guy with his steely stare being almost totally still was pretty cool. Had a certain intensity to it, haha. It was alright, but I really started to dig it when you had that clean-shaven version of him flickering in and out of the scene, and you had this rapid-fire string of emotions. Reminded me of those modern thriller/horror shows you see on HBO.

Unusual video, but that’s IF for you. I liked it.

I was hoping that we’d see flickers of Anders, Bjorn, etc as it went on, sort of in a Cloud Connected way. Ah well.

I dont understand why so many of you guys hate WTWE actually..

For me it's a combination of shit vocal production and weird structure. It's like Anders and Bjorn got together and were like "imagine we mixed f(r)iend with old school Nightwish" - so they tried it and WTWE was the end result. Half the song is really heavy and kinda good, the other half sounds like a goth metal band suddenly hijacked the studio and spliced the chorus to one of their songs in.

But that aside, the vocal melodies in this song just don't work for me. They aren't particularly catchy or memorable, nor do they even flow with the music. They're just a bit bland and awkward. Also Anders screams are WAY too high in the mix during the verses, to the point where it's actually a bit distracting.

"(This is Our) House" getting good reviews from the Facebook crew.

upload_2018-12-14_19-53-30.png
upload_2018-12-14_19-53-46.png
upload_2018-12-14_19-54-14.png
upload_2018-12-14_19-54-44.png
upload_2018-12-14_19-55-13.png
upload_2018-12-14_19-55-39.png
upload_2018-12-14_19-56-10.png
upload_2018-12-14_19-56-46.png
upload_2018-12-14_19-57-14.png
upload_2018-12-14_19-57-45.png

It seriously goes on and on... a lot of pissed off people :rofl:

Reactions: eochaid
Lmao, what’s amazing is that that’s almost exactly how my old MSN crew reacted when “Take This Life” was first revealed to the world.

The cycle continues.

What is the point of music videos like this? OK I saw the guy speaking lyrics into the camera once and I'm never doing it again.

Not gonna comment on the other one.

Really, songs aren't even released properly and I'm already quite uninterested. Not a good sign.

Was listening old Cyhra album another day after a long pause. What a killer, and it ages really well. If IF released that - it would be hailed as a return to the form album of the year.

Singer kills it, songs are really catchy, drummer is super interesting, cool melodies and riff all around... Can't wait for the second one.

Oh and I'm glad that after all this time we have people realising that we didn't "hate" IF because we "want another TJR" and can't follow Anders musical experimental journey, but because this IF leftovers are creatively and morally bankrupt.

Reactions: eochaid and DE4life
Lmao, I don’t know about *morally* bankrupt. It’s just a band.

Fuck, I’m going to join the realm of disaffected former IF fans, aren’t I? Battles wound up being to me what Reroute was to the old guard.

Lmao, what’s amazing is that that’s almost exactly how my old MSN crew reacted when “Take This Life” was first revealed to the world.

The cycle continues.

It's funny but in the actual IF communities (Everdying for example) TTL didn't even get that much attention. Like, people weren't shitting all over it or crying about the lyrics or anything like that. It was just like, OK, whatever. There was more talk about songs like Reflect the Storm, Come Clarity and Versus Terminus. TTL only became really big because of Guitar Hero.

What is the point of music videos like this? OK I saw the guy speaking lyrics into the camera once and I'm never doing it again.

Not gonna comment on the other one.

Really, songs aren't even released properly and I'm already quite uninterested. Not a good sign.

Was listening old Cyhra album another day after a long pause. What a killer, and it ages really well. If IF released that - it would be hailed as a return to the form album of the year.

Singer kills it, songs are really catchy, drummer is super interesting, cool melodies and riff all around... Can't wait for the second one.

Oh and I'm glad that after all this time we have people realising that we didn't "hate" IF because we "want another TJR" and can't follow Anders musical experimental journey, but because this IF leftovers are creatively and morally bankrupt.

To be honest I could not care less about the music videos, but it's funny that the more metal song gets a weird, experimental music video, whilst the weird, experimental track gets a more metal video. IMO the video for House tells you everything about what Anders and Bjorn wish they were - rockers like Scorpions or Deep Purple playing to arenas. Except Anders doesn't have the vocal talent that those singers possessed and Bjorn doesn't have the energy or ambition to consistently put out the kind of quality music that the really iconic rock bands from the 70s and 80s released. Instead we get this half-assed, pseudo-AOR nonsense that any 15 year old start up band could write, although they'd probably do it better and have way more mature lyrics.

And yeah, Cyhra album holds up real well. Expecting the next one to be absolutely awesome.

It's funny but in the actual IF communities (Everdying for example) TTL didn't even get that much attention. Like, people weren't shitting all over it or crying about the lyrics or anything like that. It was just like, OK, whatever. There was more talk about songs like Reflect the Storm, Come Clarity and Versus Terminus. TTL only became really big because of Guitar Hero

Haha, interesting to hear. I don’t think anyone in my group commented on anything else on Come Clarity. They just skewered TTL as, as one guy put it, “popshit even Nickelback wouldn’t put on a record” and it pretty much became a punchline. They were all off the IF train starting with Reroute, though.

Come Clarity was where most of my friends got onto the IF train :D although literally all of them hopped right back off when ASOP dropped.

And yeah, Cyhra album holds up real well. Expecting the next one to be absolutely awesome.

Let's hope we'll get a great album before Jesper gets off the rails again.

"More riff oriented with more harmonized guitar melodies" is the fucking thing I want to hear from any band.

And for the record, while being modern, popish and clean, Cyhra album ACTUALLY has the music that, time from time, sounds like TJR or Colony.

So, shock/horror/awe - people CAN make new, different music while still keeping their trademark sound and identity intact...

Reactions: galvanized
Let's hope we'll get a great album before Jesper gets off the rails again.

"More riff oriented with more harmonized guitar melodies" is the fucking thing I want to hear from any band.

And for the record, while being modern, popish and clean, Cyhra album ACTUALLY has the music that, time from time, sounds like TJR or Colony.

So, shock/horror/awe - people CAN make new, different music while still keeping their trademark sound and identity intact...

I think we'll get at least one more album, I'm not really getting my hopes up for any more than that.

When you listen to all Jesper's stuff outside IF, it sounds nothing like STYE or ASOP. Makes you wonder why he wrote those albums like that. It's not trademark Jesper at all. I'm not blaming Anders or saying he forced Jesper to write shittier music, but maybe the pressure of being in a band like IF just got to him in the end.

Cyhra is very much a modern metal album in the vein of SOAPF. Just without any screams/growls, and a guy who can actually sing. I'm thinking/hoping the next album will be more in Colony/Clayman style with clean vocals.