IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Talking shit is fine. Deleting it is not. Being offended when others talk shit about you is not.

Marry me!

Also, how come Anders gets pages long, seemingly endless comments talking about how he is an old dude writing teenage lyrics, when Jesper is around the same age and acting like a teenage bitch? Not only you don't find this pathetic, you seem to enjoy it.

Because both things are too much fun. If you consider how we talk Anders as being the main reason as to why modern IF sucks, then it's funny to watch the founder of the band bashing him. Though it's pathetic how he then tries to reject his own words by calling Anders buddy or asking people to enjoy fucking battles. And he defending this song...

Also I'm dissapointed about your short post. It's not like yourself lately.

Good question, the way he said it could be interpreted that way but I don't think he was only talking about SOAPF and after. If you got time check his facebook, should be those long videos from January 2017 I believe. I also think he said he had plans to do/write a DZ album this year, which obviously didn't happen.

Well, if he's saying Battles is some of the best stuff the band has EVER written then he's done more damage to his brain than is publicly known. In fact even if he's saying it's the best stuff Hipster & Bjorn have written he's still wrong because literally every song on SOAPF is better than anything off Battles. I'd even say some of the stuff off Siren Charms is better.

New DZ would be cool, I'd be surprised if he can commit to two projects at once though.

Also I'm dissapointed about your short post. It's not like yourself lately.

Dafuq you talking about mofo? :D your wife smacked you around the head one too many times lately? Slave, ignore this. Your post was perfect length and tone. Please continue in this vein.

Anders and Jesper are both better than Kanye. Kanye’s music is a joke and obviously is suffering from some mental illness. Listen to his guest spots on the latest 6ix9ine album. Terrible.

Anders vs Jesper
Anders is a high functioning alcoholic
Jesper is a low functioning alcoholic and maybe a drug addict

Anders writes cringey lyrics
Jesper can’t keep his mouth shut and has cringey online behavior

Anders can’t really sing
Jesper used to have musical talent but his alcoholism and mental illness have stolen it away

Anders can tour
Jesper can’t tour

Anders is a business man
Jesper is a metal head

Anders has some kids
Jesper has a super model

Anders is rich
Jesper is poor

Which one is better?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilias7
Well, if he's saying Battles is some of the best stuff the band has EVER written then he's done more damage to his brain than is publicly known. In fact even if he's saying it's the best stuff Hipster & Bjorn have written he's still wrong because literally every song on SOAPF is better than anything off Battles. I'd even say some of the stuff off Siren Charms is better.

New DZ would be cool, I'd be surprised if he can commit to two projects at once though.

Dafuq you talking about mofo? :D your wife smacked you around the head one too many times lately? Slave, ignore this. Your post was perfect length and tone. Please continue in this vein.
I checked the video again and it was a question about the latest IF stuff kinda, and first he said that when SOAPF was released he couldn't listen to it cause it felt like 5 guys fucking his ex-wife or something, but now a couple years later he is more objective and he likes it. I remember some Anders interview right after SOAPF he said Jesper came to the studio and listened to a couple songs and said it was kind of weird and he that it was a hard moment for Jesper or something along those lines.

Anyway Jesper also said that even though he's not in the band he's still a bit bias obviously, then he talked about Battles and said he listened through it a bit and said there were some filler songs but also ''some of the best stuff I've heard'', direct quote. But he said they are going in a direction other than he would but that they are great craftsmen. Also touched on that he slammed the band a couple times but that he was drunk and deleted it after.

Reactions: DE4life
Anders and Jesper are both better than Kanye. Kanye’s music is a joke and obviously is suffering from some mental illness. Listen to his guest spots on the latest 6ix9ine album. Terrible.
Ugh, what? Kanye almost single-handedly trailblazed hip-hop in the 2000's, and MBDTF is easily the best hip-hop record so far in this millenium, unless you are gravitate towards the more laid-back Drake stuff, which you can only hear now because of Kanye's 808. Aside from TLOP - which still holds gems, but it's arguably influenced by his worsening mental condition and his refusal back then to get treatment - he was as consistent as ever. His productivity this year outdoes Jesper's productivity from ASOP onwards, which is what now, 10 years?

There are undoubtedly better hip-hop artists nowadays than him - and as I said, he pioneered the way for many of them -, but as a music producer he is an unrivaled genius in his field.

Listening to Yeezus on repeat — and then reading Lou Reed’s fantastic review of the album — went a long way toward preparing me for Siren Charms, and it’s probably one of the reasons I enjoy that album as much as I do. Not because they sound similar at all, but because they’re so different from the work that surrounds it, because they’re minimal and atmospheric, and because they’re so unbalancing. Both get me transfixed. And they both have shitty production.

Also pretty sure Anders’ power level is higher than the masses assume.

Also pretty sure Anders’ power level is higher than the masses assume.

Over 9000?!

Seriously though, all this Kanye talk is making me nostagic for the days when we were discussing Nine Inch Nails and Disturbed.

Pretty much all the rap/hiphop I listen to is pre-1995.

NWA were and are GOAT :cool:

Also a shout out to Pharcyde.

Pharcyde is the SHIT. “Drop” is so good. All of Labcabin speaks to me.

Kanye is one of those artists that finds his way into non-rap discussions pretty easily. I hardly consider him hip-hop, especially these days— he’s his own thing.

Dude I hope you're fucking kidding and not actually listening to stuff like the 69 retarded ''rapper'', and all these Lil Pump's aka Lil Garbage that sadly are super popular.

I have no problem if people are listening to legitimate hip hop/rap but these modern douchebags with 1 sentence lyrics and a garbage sample looped, like that Gucci Gang song and the other equally horrendous other single he did, it's fucking pathetic music.
I'd rather listen to (This is our) House on constant repeat for 1month than that garbage. I mean people here like to dig at Anders recent lyrics but he's fucking Shakespeare compared to most of the lyrical content I hear in all these trending songs. I don't know if it makes me sad or angry that so much people actually really like it

Dude I hope you're fucking kidding and not actually listening to stuff like the 69 retarded ''rapper'', and all these Lil Pump's aka Lil Garbage that sadly are super popular.

I have no problem if people are listening to legitimate hip hop/rap but these modern douchebags with 1 sentence lyrics and a garbage sample looped, like that Gucci Gang song and the other equally horrendous other single he did, it's fucking pathetic music.
I'd rather listen to (This is our) House on constant repeat for 1month than that garbage. I mean people here like to dig at Anders recent lyrics but he's fucking Shakespeare compared to most of the lyrical content I hear in all these trending songs. I don't know if it makes me sad or angry that so much people actually really like it

Amen.

No I never heard Gucci Gang and I just listened to it and it sucks. There’s a bunch of people who sound like out there and I totally agree, that whole mumble/sample rap genre sucks.

6ix9ine is in a totally different category. From the outside his image fits in with all those new rappers (because he’s young) but his base sound is a lot different. He is not a lyrical genius like Tech 9ine or Eminem but his delivery is super aggressive that should appeal to a lot of metal or hardcore fans if they gave him a chance. Almost

Now, his new album that dropped a couple weeks ago was a step in the wrong direction. There were only like 2 decent songs: KIKA and WAKA. A lot of them were weak ass songs, all fillers. Including the Kanye songs — honestly the worst songs of the album.

But the album released about a year ago, Day69, had a bunch of crazy aggressive songs like KOODA, BILLY, RONDO, etc.

And before that when he was underground and working with Zilla they had a dark, chaotic aesthetic.

From a Reddit thread about strange people...

George

The first day I met him, he was rubbing his tummy. Under the shirt. It was weird, but not scary. I didn't think he was trying to be weird, just that he wanted to rub his tummy and this was the time to do it, mere coincidence that we were speaking.

One time he was shouting in his office, "SHUT UP SLAVE, SHUT UP SLAVE" over and over. We couldn't tell what he was saying at first, but he left quickly towards the elevators and still shouting in the lobby.

Anyone on here called George? @only4theweak187 ?

Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks
He wouldn't understand me that way!

I was reading the reactions to both videos in youtube. The difference in the reactions is amazing. Some very good humorous comments there.

One of my favorites "to think that people thought that reroute to remain was a bland record".

6ix9ine is a piece of shit, and I couldn't stand admiring garbage human's work (ie. Kecin Spacey in House of Cards), BUT that being said I've heard a 2 minutes long song of his and it was not bad. I don't know his discography, and he's certainly not Kanye (and I guess we'll never know if he ever could've been), but that song was somewhat of a fresh air.

About the new Soilwork song: it's like there's a chorus where the verse should have been, and nothing where the chorus supposed to be. Weird. Not impressed, but decent background music.

I think my problem with the new Soilwork is that it’s awesome and different from your typical melodic death, but not necessarily exciting or interesting.

Like, Living Infinite was astounding, yeah. Ride Majestic was pretty similar but also awesome. This new stuff sounds awesome too, but I’m kind of nonplussed by it. It’s good but it goes in one ear and out the other.

Like, their next album could blow up the sun itself and I’d be like “yeah, that’s Soilwork alright” and just kind of move on.

Luckily, I have the perfect solution for them.

They should put out a bad album.