IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

tumblr_inline_pfp352ORsk1r4hkfd_250.png

So my dad got a new Amazon Fire Tablet thing for Christmas. I was looking on Amazon music and he jokingly suggested I ask Alexa to put In Flames on. When I lived at home a longgg time ago I used to drive them crazy playing IF - obviously mainly the older stuff, TJR, Whoracle, Colony, Clayman, etc. So I said "Alexa, play In Flames", and With Eyes Wide Open comes on. My dad says "oh, it got it wrong".:bah:

Siren Charms was the only album available. They legit thought it was a different band and that I was kidding when I claimed it was In Flames.

So my dad got a new Amazon Fire Tablet thing for Christmas. I was looking on Amazon music and he jokingly suggested I ask Alexa to put In Flames on. When I lived at home a longgg time ago I used to drive them crazy playing IF - obviously mainly the older stuff, TJR, Whoracle, Colony, Clayman, etc. So I said "Alexa, play In Flames", and With Eyes Wide Open comes on. My dad says "oh, it got it wrong".:bah:

Siren Charms was the only album available. They legit thought it was a different band and that I was kidding when I claimed it was In Flames.

Like father like son, some say.. Looks like your father is a hater too! If my father said something like that to me, I would just say "are you the fucking same man as you are 25 years ago?" then he would've understand.

Oh btw happy Christmas or happy new year whatever the hell you guys believe. Hope we can get new leaks as soon as possible. :D

Like father like son, some say.. Looks like your father is a hater too! If my father said something like that to me, I would just say "are you the fucking same man as you are 25 years ago?" then he would've understand.

Oh btw happy Christmas or happy new year whatever the hell you guys believe. Hope we can get new leaks as soon as possible. :D

I don't think it's that. As much as you, Slave and Krofius have tried to convince yourselves that it's normal for bands to change their sound so radically, it really isn't. There are very few bands who go to the extremes IF have gone to in trying to rebrand themselves. If I'd put on Soilwork, DT, or any of the other bands I also listened to back then there would have been no reaction because even though both have evolved their sound they haven't completely changed to the point where they are essentially unrecognisable to any person who doesn't follow the band regularly.

Granted IF are, outside of Arch Enemy, probably the one band from that era whose popularity has skyrocketed way beyond their underground roots, but even Arch Enemy still sound like Arch Enemy. They just have a female as their vocalist, so, neckbeards. I mean, listen to The Eagle Flies Alone and compare it to I Am Above or (This is Our) House. One band still staying true to their sound, the other sounding like they're trying to be something else entirely. Yet The Eagle Flies Alone has 38M views on YouTube. Comparatively The End has 2.8M and The Truth has 1.1M.

The takeaway? Rather than create shit music, IF should have dumped Anders and hired a female vocalist.

Reactions: eochaid
I think that ended with Come Clarity. That’s when they peaked. I would need to see numbers otherwise.

CC/ASOP was definitely their mainstream peak, but even now IF are way more popular than bands like DT, Soilwork, and various others from the original MDM movement. However they are also way behind Arch Enemy - although AE may be the only other band from that group which has reached such an extraordinary level of popularity? Even At The Gates only have 714k views on their latest YouTube video.

CC/ASOP was definitely their mainstream peak, but even now IF are way more popular than bands like DT, Soilwork, and various others from the original MDM movement. However they are also way behind Arch Enemy - although AE may be the only other band from that group which has reached such an extraordinary level of popularity? Even At The Gates only have 714k views on their latest YouTube video.

You know the only reason mate: GRILL VOCALIST!

You know the only reason mate: GRILL VOCALIST!

I literally can't think of any other reason why they'd be so popular. I mean, their music isn't exactly groundbreaking or revolutionary. They sound like every other MDM band you heard in the late 90s/early 00s. Still do. Just with a female vocalist who does screams.

Does having a girl make it neckbeard metal? Or are girls not allowed in neckbeard metal?

If I say that their last album with Johann (Silverwing, Pilgrim, etc) was the best am I a neckbeard? I always thought getting a girl to sing was a sell out move.