IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Sure, shit like the ending of Jester Script makes me laugh every time, because there are 50 different guitars playing, and they put a solo straight out of the 70's there for god knows why, but that is what I talked about.

It’s less of a 70’s solo and more like a solo straight out of Donkey Kong Country 2

I like whoracle and I like its production. Don't see anything substantially wrong in it and I find it better than Tjr.

Agreed, Whoracle has always been my favorite album. I used to really listen to a lot of the songs on TJR but nowadays it's probably December Flower & Dead Eternity mostly.

On the chorus of I Am Above, is it "we will never be (you) aren't close to me" or "we will never be (you) are a ghost to me". Still cant figure it out.

According to the booklet of the album, it's "you are a ghost to me".
It's a bit weird, considering the strong line on the verse: " I'll be the ghost that haunts you in your sleep". So pretty much, Anders is a ghost haunting other ghosts.

Last edited:
I agree with @A88 , Whoracle is my least favourite of the 4 classic IF albums (TJR, Whoracle, Colony, Clayman). I still like it, but not as much as the other 3.

Among the big 4 I think TJR-Whoracle-Colony are tied with being the best. Clayman is somewhat of a step down. But still great.

BUT, these days I listen to Clayman much more often. It’s just a much more fun album with a light atmosphere so it’s easier to listen to on a casual basis with other people. You know, like driving my minivan with the kids.

I find it almost impossible to rank the big four. I just put them into the same bracket as they're all great.