IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Because it's an obscure song from 17 years ago I guess. There are a lot of songs like that. Even from Reroute you rarely hear them play Egonomic, Dawn of a New Day, Minus , Dark Signs or Dismiss the Cynic.

Also you have to remember Anders and Bjorn are self-admittedly lazy. They aren't going to re-learn older songs they haven't played much before. That's why they played The Hive on repeat for about 10 years rather than anything else off Whoracle.
Free fall is really easy to play.

Free fall is really easy to play.

Even so they'd still have to re-learn it having not played it for over a decade, and Anders would have to remember the lyrics, etc. There are a lot of songs of theirs that are easy to play but they don't. presumably because the songs are obscure and they don't want to spend time rehearsing them.

Besides, they have so many albums now that there's not really any room for more than one or two obscure songs at most, and I imagine Free Fall is way down the list of ones they have an interest in playing one day.

Honestly, if I were Anders and Bjorn, I wouldn't really want to touch Free Fall either.

Thinking back on R2R, there's a solid album hidden underneath the bloat and the riff raff. Had they cut out 2-3 songs of the 14 song track list, it would have tightened things up for sure. Get rid of Transparent, Free Fall, and Metaphor and I would be a much happy camper listening to R2R.

I like all three of those songs tbh. Reroute is a solid album made to sound much worse by shitty production. The only song I tend to skip on Reroute is Drifter which I think is pretty bland, but the other songs are all great. The title track is seriously underrated imo.

Another song that doesn't get much attention but that I consider a bit of a hidden gem is Dark Signs:

Love those opening riffs, awesome vocals and lyrics. Although I have to admit the "and you call me names" line in the chorus always makes me chuckle :D drumming on this one is really solid as well. Perfect example of Reroute's production fucking things up though, listen to how buried the guitar solo is starting at 02:20. The mixing of this album seems to have been deliberately designed to nerf the guitars.

Honestly, if I were Anders and Bjorn, I wouldn't really want to touch Free Fall either.

Thinking back on R2R, there's a solid album hidden underneath the bloat and the riff raff. Had they cut out 2-3 songs of the 14 song track list, it would have tightened things up for sure. Get rid of Transparent, Free Fall, and Metaphor and I would be a much happy camper listening to R2R.

I could do without Drifter, Cloud Connected, Dawn of a New Day, and Black & White. STYE has less filler for me, maybe just Bottled.

Cloud Connected and Black & White both sound really good live tbf. So do most of the STYE songs but that album doesn;'t get represented much nowadays in the live sets for whatever reason.

Cloud Connected and Black & White both sound really good live tbf. So do most of the STYE songs but that album doesn;'t get represented much nowadays in the live sets for whatever reason.

I never liked cloud connected so it doesnt work for me in any context. Doesnt help that they've turned it into their Enter Sandman by playing it at seemingly every show. They almost ruined OFTW for me in the same way, turning it into a heavy metal hit and all that.

Yeah, the STYE songs sounded good on used and abused.

I never liked cloud connected so it doesnt work for me in any context. Doesnt help that they've turned it into their Enter Sandman by playing it at seemingly every show. They almost ruined OFTW for me in the same way, turning it into a heavy metal hit and all that.

Yeah, the STYE songs sounded good on used and abused.

I don't really listen to many live bootlegs or videos these days, but yeah Cloud Connected is certainly overplayed. OFTW is a weird one because they really dial up the synths live and Bjorn almost always butchers the solo, so for me it's distinctly different live to how I hear it on the record. I much prefer the studio version.

I liked it when Anders once asked the crowd if they would like to hear some more heavy metal hits, and someone actually shouted "No!" loud enough for it to become audible on the bootleg recording. :D

It's funny because I think the "heavy metal hit" line was originally an ironic one, but over time as the band got bigger it was the opposite.

Reactions: Pallbearer
Classic song, even more classic video.

Solo in this song is better than anything they could ever do nowadays, and it isn't even that special.

Also if the Cloud Connected video never existed we would never have gotten this gem:

Ciko's boys rocking hard.

Reactions: ciko_gfb
Classic song, even more classic video.

Solo in this song is better than anything they could ever do nowadays, and it isn't even that special.

Also if the Cloud Connected video never existed we would never have gotten this gem:

Ciko's boys rocking hard.

Hits hard.