In Flames - Reroute to Remain

I must say i love the new In Flames as much as the old one. It doesent really matter what genre does it belong long as it's good music. RtR may not be very heavy but it's perfect in it's own new way and i think that is something to respect.

my god i think the in flames fans are in denial, i guess if moveing to the next level means becoming musically less complex are shaping your sound to appeal to the mainstream public they sure did that.....i mean some of his singing sounds like an exact rip on frikin Jonathan Davis from Korn i cant believe people dont see this....

Reroute to Remain is my favourite In Flames album. It has elements of the much despised nu-metal, but they use these elements in a brilliant way. Catchy American-sounding choruses and certain nu-metal attributes have been added to the intense, throttling mixture of the band's already memorable songcraft. This album shows that In Flames are seaking out new forms of expression, and I always love innovation. For me "System" and "Cloud Connected" are party classics.
I saw a cut from the Hulsfred Festival last year where In Flames were performing with baggy pants and t-shirts with the Linkin Park logo, only it said: "Linkin Flames". This shows the amount of self-irony these guys possess.
I wonder where they will go next.... :headbang:

I'd say that Colony would be the best overall introduction to In Flames, and the version I got has the awesome Golliaths Desarm Their Davids as a bonus. Songs to download should include: Embody The Invisible, Golliaths..., Jotun, Swim, Trigger (album not crappy single mix).

Personally I love R2R. I thought it was refreshing for them to do something different since Clayman felt a bit directionless (although it still has loads of great songs). R2R has a great production (drums!) and I particularly love the ballads which were quite a daring thing to do (especially the country parts on Metaphor) and the album version of Trigger has an awesome structure. However, I really really miss all the proper lead guitar playing which is only really present in a few tiny places (Dark Signs), there are virtually no solos or particularly interesting instrumental sections and I for one am getting pretty tired of the 'heavy nu metal' approach of shouted cruchy verses over-complimented by very singy slow obvious choruses that a lot of bands are going for at the moment. Transparent & Egonomic are also probably the worst tracks the band have ever done. Despite all this, its still a really good album but has little in the way of real classics and I hope the next one (aparently leaked over the net already...) is very different.