In Flames Scandinavian Tour 2012

krofius

Mar 16, 2009
Just made a thread for this tour we're we can discuss or post videos or whatever, if anyone wants too.

Just got some cool info regarding the setlist, Peter said on his radio show they're going to play some songs they haven't played in a while (Which can mean anything from TJR-STYE I guess. AND a song or two they've never played live. That is their plan at least, let's hope it comes to frution.

Seems like the setlist this tour might be really rare and unique, which is awesome. Can't wait until May 02 in Stockholm.

They say "we're going to play stuff we've never/rarely played before" at the beginning of every tour. I think it's just to try and attract the portion of the older audience still left.

They might break out one or two oldies - but the majority of the set will still be dominated by ASOP and SOAPF. Not that I have a problem with SOAPF.

I know Anders said all that before the US tour that just ended...I still would go a few more times with the same set, more or less, but I don't understand what Anders means when he says they need to rework the older songs and shit like that. I get they used 3 guitar parts on TJR and maybe Whoracle and such, but haven't they already played those songs live and they've sounded great?? So why rework again? Maybe the new fans don't move like they want when they play older songs, but then they just need to suck it up and get the old fans back so they can move.

Anders has used a lot of lame excuses over the years to get out of playing the older material. Most of them make little sense.

I'd respect the band more if they just admitted they don't really like their old stuff much and prefer the new stuff. Because that is the truth of the matter.

I know Anders said all that before the US tour that just ended...I still would go a few more times with the same set, more or less, but I don't understand what Anders means when he says they need to rework the older songs and shit like that. I get they used 3 guitar parts on TJR and maybe Whoracle and such, but haven't they already played those songs live and they've sounded great?? So why rework again? Maybe the new fans don't move like they want when they play older songs, but then they just need to suck it up and get the old fans back so they can move.

Yes they played them live, and at the time I guess they thought they were good, but in hindsight they don't. And think they won't do some of the old songs justice without reworking them while playing live. And remember how many fucking times they've already played those songs. Like Clad in Shadows, they played it basically every show from 1994-2003-ish. Behind Space is also overplayed.

DE4life, he said that they will play a song they've NEVER played live. And also some songs they haven't played in a while. He said something like someone came with a suggestion about making that style of setlist. I do think the setlist will be good, and I'm mostly really interested which songs they will do live debut with.

We'll see in a bit more than a week what the setlist looks like for the first show =)

Anders has used a lot of lame excuses over the years to get out of playing the older material. Most of them make little sense.

I'd respect the band more if they just admitted they don't really like their old stuff much and prefer the new stuff. Because that is the truth of the matter.

You and I know that isn't true at all. And it's not Anders who use ''these lame excuses'', everyone in the band has said it in numerous interviews, although Anders makes the most interviews I guess he's said it the most. They've all said they love to play the old stuff, but they don't love to play them to an audience that doesn't react to them. It's really simple math, like 1+1 = 2. I don't get why you'd think they don't like their old stuff, that's ridiculous.

I believe In Flames are proud of the work they did as a young band, as most artists are, but I do not believe they enjoy playing it. Hence the almost total omission of the older albums from recent setlists.

You only have to look at the musical tastes of each member to see where their preferences lay. Sadly it isn't melodic death metal. Not any more, anyway.

I will agree with you that all members of the band, Jesper included, have used the same stupid excuses not to play older songs.

Don't be sad pal, I've heard In Flames are bringing out their own duvet set soon. Imagine that! You'll be able to go to sleep cuddled up close with your favourite pals.

No offence but you're becoming boring with your one-sided posts =/

Whereas you've always been boring with your one sided posts :D

Not really, you see it as I'm vigorously defending IF or something but in reality I'm just coming with facts. You keep stating the same untrue stuff all the time and I'm just correcting you.

Actually, I was wrong to call you boring... because you always have amused me :D

Heard In Flames are going to be releasing a dubstep album pal, gonna be good!!!! :headbang:

Ok so I've gotten reports that the setlist of the first show was like this:

Embody the Invisible
Bullet Ride
Trigger
Crawling through Knives
The Quiet Place
Where the Dead Ships Dwell
Egonomic
Clayman
Liberation
Cloud Connected
Drifter
System
Fear is the Weakness
Ropes
Only for the Weak
Deliver Us
The mirrors truth
Take this life
My sweet shadow

That's a really good setlist in my opinion. Nothing before Colony but still, lots of great tracks, especially Bullet Ride, one of my favorites. A LOT of fast tracks too. And awesome that they're closing with MSS again.

I can understand some frustration of the abscense of tracks before Colony, but for me it's not such a big deal, there's almost only the good ones of the newer tracks IMO. And the setlist might change some too, they said they were gonna play a song that hasn't been played before and that song isn't in this setlist at least. It's kinda weird, you can almost count R2R tracks as old now too, it's 10 fucking years ago now ^^

Ok so I've gotten reports that the setlist of the first show was like this:

Embody the Invisible
Bullet Ride
Trigger
Crawling through Knives
The Quiet Place
Where the Dead Ships Dwell
Egonomic
Clayman
Liberation
Cloud Connected
Drifter
System
Fear is the Weakness
Ropes
Only for the Weak
Deliver Us
The mirrors truth
Take this life
My sweet shadow

That's a really good setlist in my opinion. Nothing before Colony but still, lots of great tracks, especially Bullet Ride, one of my favorites. A LOT of fast tracks too. And awesome that they're closing with MSS again.

I can understand some frustration of the abscense of tracks before Colony, but for me it's not such a big deal, there's almost only the good ones of the newer tracks IMO. And the setlist might change some too, they said they were gonna play a song that hasn't been played before and that song isn't in this setlist at least. It's kinda weird, you can almost count R2R tracks as old now too, it's 10 fucking years ago now ^^

There should be Episode 666. Then that setlist would be tits.

Oh well, atleast they aren't playing the Hive for the 8th tour in a row.

here is clayman from yesterday's show
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FmVSFxWqtQ&feature=relmfu[/ame]

And here's Embody the Invisible.
Can someone fucking upload Bullet Ride already? -_-

Last edited by a moderator: