IN FLAMES

Originally posted by FatherVic
@mel: the only weird sport I love (and I practice quite often) is bowling. I got hooked in my Mexican life but is not that common here in Europe, a shame!

what do you mean with your mexican life, padre vic?

Really?? I live in Mexico city...

So that means that you don´t have that awfully funny way to speak spanish????

-Eaaaaa!!!! ese tío es un gilipollas!!! :lol: :lol:

-ese tío del Juli nos ha jodio con sus perifolladas

-anda a que te zurzan :lol: :lol:

well after 14 years of being "back" in Spain I have no Mexican accent in me...and it's us who find your accent funny ;)

and well if you mean Juli the bullfighter, then I should advice you that it's the southSpanish way to talk that's the funny one....
but hey, be polite and translate!!! ppl here get quite annoyed when somebody talk in languages they don't know :rolleyes:

fv

some for the french :)
belgian, swiss have already a weird pronuniciation, but the worst are the quebecers who pronounces almost only the consonant, or all the west africans who pronounce almost only the vowel :lol:

Originally posted by |ngenius
Excuse me, sir, but these comments aren't so funny. Maybe if you put them into a context...

|ngenius (Doing nothing)

Not my intention to upset anyone my robotic friend, you have to admit that they can be really funny for a foreigner, specially the way spaniards pronounce it. ;)

Originally posted by FatherVic
well after 14 years of being "back" in Spain I have no Mexican accent in me...and it's us who find your accent funny ;)

and well if you mean Juli the bullfighter, then I should advice you that it's the southSpanish way to talk that's the funny one....
but hey, be polite and translate!!! ppl here get quite annoyed when somebody talk in languages they don't know :rolleyes:

fv

yeah I guess everybody thinks other countries accents are funny, chileans and peruvians speak fine though...my top 3 funny spanish accents would be Spain, Cuba and Argentina.

As for the translation, I´m not very sure if I have the exact meaning of those phrases, you can tell if I´m right or wrong.

Eaaaaa!!!! ese tío es un gilipollas!!! <--- Hey!!! that guy´s an asshole

ese tío del Juli nos ha jodio con sus perifolladas <--- That Juli guy screwed us with his bullshit

anda a que te zurzan <--- Fuck off

I don´t know anything about any bullfighter, I hate bullfights, I just used that name cause it sounds very spanish, just like Venancio

:lol:

Sorry for those rude phrases, it´s all the fault of those foul mouthed spaniards :lol:

Oh, just a misunderstood, my mexican friend. Maybe "Juli" or "Venancio" sounds as spanish names, but they aren't common here, and the only these names can provoke is an hilarity attack.

I only tried to say "Eaaaa", "Juli" or "perifolladas" aren't funny words, and not common at all. I'm from Catalunya, and here are many differences with the rest of spanish ppl, specially in their humor sense. Here, ppl do jokes in a more shrewd way, it's a kind of humor sense particularly intelligent .

In fact, as far as I remember, I didn't say "Eaaaa" or "perifollada" but to imitate the impolite ppl.

Finally, I mean these phrases sounds more as mexican spanish than spanish itself. No offence meant, friend. :)

|ngenius (replaying the spanish lessons and falling asleep. Good nite!)