In Flames

Lunar Strain and TJR are great, but Whoracle isn't nearly as good as people here say it is. Colony is good, but not great. Clayman is just behind that. I actually liked the way they experimented on RtR. It's a much better album then STYE, which is by far their worst effort. I no longer think I'm at the point where I'm going to buy the new IF the week it comes out like I did with the last two.

That must've sucked...buying R2R and STYE the weeks they came out. You were probably all excited and everything...

What's really sickening about RTR and STYE is that the singer is probably the reason why IF has turned into a watered-down nu-metal band. :puke:
Look at the side projects of the some of the other members. They're still doing good. I'm also willing to bet that if they kicked Anders out of the band, they would improve a lot.

R2R and STYE had a bit of potential in the the guitarists in IF are some of the best about IMO. But they let both the records down as soon as they decided to stay away from any decent solos and riffs in favour of that horrid chugging guitar sound there's a lot of.
The singing is fairly poor as well, should've stayed with what they did best in the past and had a bit of experimentation like the used to. You don't need to change your sound to make new matrial...just look at Irom Maiden!

Domoritus said:
What's really sickening about RTR and STYE is that the singer is probably the reason why IF has turned into a watered-down nu-metal band. :puke:
Look at the side projects of the some of the other members. They're still doing good. I'm also willing to bet that if they kicked Anders out of the band, they would improve a lot.

Anders doesnt run the band or anything, they ALL write material togeather, and they record what they ALL enjoy. And just for the record... in flames has not "turned into a watered-down nu-metal band". If you dont like them, dont listen to them, and stop bitching.

5thSeason said:
in flames has not "turned into a watered-down nu-metal band". If you dont like them, dont listen to them, and stop bitching.
The second part of that quote makes sense.

5thSeason said:
Anders doesnt run the band or anything, they ALL write material togeather, and they record what they ALL enjoy. And just for the record... in flames has not "turned into a watered-down nu-metal band". If you dont like them, dont listen to them, and stop bitching.
I like their earlier stuff, but I think their new stuff is crap. And I don't listen to their new stuff.