In Flames

In Flames, heh. Not one record of theirs have ever done any thing for me. Boring band if you ask me.

dEaThToFaLsEmEtAl34 said:
What genre are In Flames considered? A lot of people say they are death metal but they really don't sound it to me.

You're correct. They belong in the "gay" genre, I believe.

Funny thread actually, 1/2 is "they do suck" of "they were good until..." haha it´s funny to see like tr00 metalheads (=idiots) don´t like the bands that have progress and modern sound and are successful. You might not like it, but throwing shit on the band that is highlight (along with Athe The Gates, Dark Tranquility, Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy) of its genre is stupid.

On the question: They are more modern rock now (which is better than play the same style over and over).

Susperia said:
In Flames sounds more and more like Korn every album.
You think that Come Clarity souds more KoRnish than Sountrack?

Susperia said:
In Flames sounds more and more like Korn every album.

The last three sound like korn. Both singers atrocious clean vocals sound the same too. If you can't sing why try.

Fredy_Brown said:
Funny thread actually, 1/2 is "they do suck" of "they were good until..." haha it´s funny to see like tr00 metalheads (=idiots) don´t like the bands that have progress and modern sound and are successful. You might not like it, but throwing shit on the band that is highlight (along with Athe The Gates, Dark Tranquility, Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy) of its genre is stupid.

On the question: They are more modern rock now (which is better than play the same style over and over).

You think that Come Clarity souds more KoRnish than Sountrack?

You're an idiot. As has been covered in another thread, the reason people have gone off In Flames is not because they changed style but because everything they've released after Whoracle has been complete turd. A modern sound? Progression? They've gone backwards, have lost their sound and I have no interest in wasting my hard earned cash on their later albums.

That is all

EVH316 said:
You're an idiot. As has been covered in another thread, the reason people have gone off In Flames is not because they changed style but because everything they've released after Whoracle has been complete turd. A modern sound? Progression? They've gone backwards, have lost their sound and I have no interest in wasting my hard earned cash on their later albums.

That is all
There is a difference between "lost sound" and "change a style". And I definitely don´t think that Clayman or Reroute are weak albums. They´ve become quite repetitive, that´s true, but they´re still on a high level.

No, they're not. They're a parody of their former selves. That is not progression in any form. Some people actually think they suck because they suck, you know.

EVH316 said:

That is all

Whoracle is ok at best. Colony is far superior. And I admit to enjoying most of Clayman, but really, everything after that is pretty much crap.

Blinded By Blood said:
All Gothenburg sounds the same

Same goes for every finely divided genre. They all sounds alike... HOLY SHIT... THAT'S WHY THEY ARE ALL LUMPED IN THE SAME GROUP AS EACH OTHER.

Thraxz said:
Same goes for every finely divided genre. They all sounds alike... HOLY SHIT... THAT'S WHY THEY ARE ALL LUMPED IN THE SAME GROUP AS EACH OTHER.

No, other genres have at least a bit of variety. All Gothenburg is based off the same shitty riffs and vocals that sound identical to every other band

Blinded By Blood said:
No, other genres have at least a bit of variety. All Gothenburg is based off the same shitty riffs and vocals that sound identical to every other band

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Refer back to my post again.

I think In Flames is a very decent band. Their first albums are VERY good if you are into melodic stuff of course. And I think their last good album was Clayman. I didn't like Whoracle (yes, I know it was released before Colony and Clayman). I found it to be too slow and too melodic, even if with a lot of solos. BUT, I think their new album is very good, obvisouly not as good as the old ones, but there's still hope. :p

For me:

1- Clayman
2- Lunar Strain
3- The JEster Race
4- Colony

Ohh yeah, Dark Tranquillity slays any other melodic death metal band. And I must confess I never liked At the Gates that much....