Inflames Terrible new vocals

I don't know what's funnier, the man-woman, or the fact that the guy is wearing an ICP shirt.

Yeah! "the fact that the guy is wearing an ICP shirt" You will see many people in the mallcore scene that like rap but listen to Cradle of Filth which has indeed have become a crappy band like WeAreInFlames said...

I don't want to bash, but anyone who calls Opeth boring is just a "close minded fag" like someone said somewhere before...
:lol:

Directionless riffing, shitty/non-existent transitions, somatic acoustic noodling, endless songs...how could anyone not like it? Opeth fanboys are the worst because they accuse others of exactly what they're guilty of - close-mindedness. "How could you not like Opeth it's so awesome when not only all the songs but all the albums sound exactly the fucking same except slightly worse except for the one where it's all clean and sounds incredibly forced?"

Still Life and My Arms Your Hearse are good albums because they have the sort of atmosphere you need when you make music that isn't interesting in and of itself. I've heard the first two are different and free of the 12-minute directionless wankery.

Also, Opeth are incredibly boring live. Three kicked their ass. Not a fair comparison, though, considering that Three are fucking awesome.

UsernameA: "Grr, I hate anders so much for legitimate reasons, but am going to state it in an immature way."

UsernameB: "No your stupid, I like anders but I'm just going to state why in an immature way and not give any real reasons."

UsernameA: "Oh yeah, well...ummm...ermm...fuck you!"

UsernameB: "Oh yeah, well...ummm...ermm...fuck you too dick!"

UsernameC->X: "More similar and random stupid insults."

There are 13 pages of that ^ shit. Grow the fuck up people (and this is coming from an 18 year old.)

Welcome to the forum. There's a lot of that. And not much of anything else. If you don't get a kick out of flame wars I recommend you don't spend much time here.

Directionless riffing, shitty/non-existent transitions, somatic acoustic noodling, endless songs...how could anyone not like it? Opeth fanboys are the worst because they accuse others of exactly what they're guilty of - close-mindedness. "How could you not like Opeth it's so awesome when not only all the songs but all the albums sound exactly the fucking same except slightly worse except for the one where it's all clean and sounds incredibly forced?"

Still Life and My Arms Your Hearse are good albums because they have the sort of atmosphere you need when you make music that isn't interesting in and of itself. I've heard the first two are different and free of the 12-minute directionless wankery.

Also, Opeth are incredibly boring live. Three kicked their ass. Not a fair comparison, though, considering that Three are fucking awesome.

Wrong.

I'm not sure how someone who likes ASOP can really criticize what is good music and what is not.

why trying to convince people that a band is bad? that's just being a dickhead.
why don't you all go ahead and recommend new, great bands instead of flaming someone for their taste of music, on a metal forum..
Opeth are great, In Flames are great, Simon and Garfunkel are religious.
Try Kongh, they are great.

Because if we suggest new bands we will get them burned down by people like WAIF.

What if they fired Anders and Mikael Stanne re-joined?
Not saying I dislike Anders now, but he's not as good as he used to be. I'll wait until about an album or 2 later to dislike him.

Because if we suggest new bands we will get them burned down by people like WAIF.

Not really, just don't suggest shitty bands. Also, if you're afraid of posting because I'll flame you then that's just fucking pathetic, just put me on ignore already or man up and ignore my opinions. Grow a pair, throw yourself out there, and suggest a band.

I'll go first.

This is just fun. The band themselves are pretty good but their vocalist has an obnoxiously core vocal style that doesn't work too well.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEgLE9zcOAA&feature=related[/ame]
Killer power metal. Some idiot fucked with the sound; the intro is really annoying now. This album (their debut) is awesome, the second is pretty average and then their vocalist left.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caS2anHN568&feature=related[/ame]
Kickass band. This album is amazing. Get it, faggots.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2zT4TCGoDQ&feature=related[/ame]
Incredibly underrated progressive thrash band. This album is fucking win.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fSpHOzv_LA&feature=related[/ame]
Badass power/thrash bands. Great guys. Vocalist let me sing some of the chanting on one of the songs when I saw them in NYC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually you are right about that, Opeth is boring, I could not get into them... I keep hearing how Still Life and My Arms Your Hearse are good albums so I'll give them a try!

I saw Opeth live at Bloodstock and they bored the hell out of me. Might have just been their set, but yawn. On the other hand, they should not have been picked to headline, it's not their fault they were given such a long set at the end of the day. Helloween played before them (IIRC..) and blew them away.

It is my opinion that it's a fact that ASOP is In Flames' worst album to date.

STYE and R2R are definitely much worse. They were far less creative, had way more of the nu metal crap, and also the band forgot to write more than two good songs.