Introduce Yourself - the n00b thread

hi im burak from IStanbul, Turkey but I have lived in philadelphia since I was 9 and still go to Turkey every summer besides this one... so im pretty angry I didnt see opeth live in the summer in Turkey.

Anyway I got into Opeth through Dream Theater and I recently just got their latest 5 records starting with Ghost Reveries and Watershed. My fav is Blackwater Park. I still got a lot of albums to listen to so im excited for that. Feels good to be here and talk to some people that I have in common instead of people saying who the fuck is opeth when I talk to them in person.

Alright well thats pretty much me :)

hi im burak from IStanbul, Turkey but I have lived in philadelphia since I was 9 and still go to Turkey every summer besides this one... so im pretty angry I didnt see opeth live in the summer in Turkey.

How old are you that you feel you belong to one nationality while living in another country?

I'm Anthony, 17 going on 18 in a few weeks. I've been lurking since last year or so but haven't had much motivation in posting until recently. At first I registered for the Vintersorg forum as I was really into them, still am but then when I managed to listen to Opeth at the start of June after many years of neglect because of some biased opinions from people I once associated myself with. And I can safely say that they're now my favorite artist, and I have noticed that the forum is pretty active..although I do suppose many threads are unoriginal due to the sheer amount of new fans that don't know how to dig up old threads and like to start their own.

Anyways, I am into a variety of music ranging from soft relaxing blues or classical to loud aggressive metal. I'm hoping to see them live eventually, but then again who isn't?

Welcome all you newbs!

You're not exactly a regular here,

:Smug:

I'm Anthony, 17 going on 18 in a few weeks. I've been lurking since last year or so but haven't had much motivation in posting until recently. At first I registered for the Vintersorg forum as I was really into them, still am but then when I managed to listen to Opeth at the start of June after many years of neglect because of some biased opinions from people I once associated myself with. And I can safely say that they're now my favorite artist, and I have noticed that the forum is pretty active..although I do suppose many threads are unoriginal due to the sheer amount of new fans that don't know how to dig up old threads and like to start their own.

Anyways, I am into a variety of music ranging from soft relaxing blues or classical to loud aggressive metal. I'm hoping to see them live eventually, but then again who isn't?

Welcome to the forum, great first post.

cheers

Hey, I'm Michael. I've been into Opeth (particularly Blackwater Park) since early 2007. I've got every album and am truly in love with Opeth and their music. I'm also seeing them live for the first time in September, so I'm pretty stoked that I get to see this amazing band.

Hey, I'm Michael. I've been into Opeth (particularly Blackwater Park) since early 2007. I've got every album and am truly in love with Opeth and their music. I'm also seeing them live for the first time in September, so I'm pretty stoked that I get to see this amazing band.

nice!! i got to see them in may, your gonna love it :kickass::kickass:

welcome to the forum:cool:

Hello everyone, I have been sneaking around this forum for a couple of months now and have finally joined it. I discovered Opeth with blackwater park but got renewed interest in them with ghost reveries. I find their work to get better by every release and do find Watershed to be their most intriguing effort yet, even though I honostly can't say that any release is anything but really, really great. Cheers!

Hi there I am hector and opeth is my favorite band so i joined this forum. i spent literally 100 dollars on opeth stuff last week, money well spent haha. I love watershed, and I fricking love ghost reveries and blackwater park even more. anyways i am probably going to be on this forum quite a bit so yeah thats that, hi!

Hi! I'm Martin-19 y/o opethian from Poland:headbang:
No need to show my tracklist-for months there's opeth mainly:lol:
Love all of theirs(Watershed is great btw
-i read that topic:lol:) and want to meet here guys like me!

Wow!
Even barrack Obama likes Opeth!

:erk:

Don't let him fool you, he was also recently sighted on the Britney Spears forum sucking up for votes and going on about the "change" he can't/won't define there, too!

Politicians suck... :puke:

Don't let him fool you, he was also recently sighted on the Britney Spears forum sucking up for votes and going on about the "change" he can't/won't define there, too!

Politicians suck... :puke:

sighted by you? on the britney spears forum

hahaha im just messin with ya

Hey everyone, im new (obviously) ive been browsing this forum for a while now and thought i would join.

Old member here, but with a new username. My old username was "BludDisorder". However, I did not really post much with that username so I doubt anyone would reconize me.

I'm a n00b here but not a n00b to Opeth, I've been listening to them for quite some years now.
Proud owner of all the albums :kickass: