Introduce Yourself - the n00b thread

Well hello. I've been around for a while now (I don't post that much because I barely have time serving the IDF and all).
I'm Jordan, a 19-y/o from Israel.
I'm a huge Opeth fan, you can safely say they're my favorite band, along with the debated Metallica. I went to their concert here a year ago, and enjoyed every single minute of it.
I have a pretty varied taste in music, check my sig for bands that I listen to (which doesn't include Israeli music).

Hi, I'm Chloe, and from New Zealand. After over a year of being oppressed, I have finally broken free and seen the light as to how amazing Opeth really is. I'm not much of a poster, more of a lurker, though I will post if I have something to contribute. I'm a big fan of progressive metal, mostly in the way of SX and DT (generic, I know).

Hello. I'm new (obviously) and have been into Opeth for a few years now. I'll try to stop by here more often.

Question: I have done a cover of an Opeth song and was wondering if it is ok to post it here? It is not to make money or anything like that, I just wanted to do it. Wasn't sure if that was ok or not.

ha ha. ok

I am male, form Australia, i have been into opeth since Ghost revries, but like many others got instantly hooked and have left no opeth record un-thrashed.

I signed up here to chat with other opeth'crazies, talk some shit, make some shit threads occasionally and, but mostly to chat opeth.
i am as much into Damnation as i am deliverance but Still life has to be my fave.

as far as other bands go, i like anything inspiring, no fucking bullshit like Atreyu, or still remains, that shit got boring pretty quick. (like one or two listens quick)

yep thats me :headbang:

hi kids,
I am practically the definition of "noob". Actually, my name is Ashleigh, I'm fourteen, from Canada(British Columbia) and have been listening to Opeth for about a year now. Opeth and the Red Hot Chili Peppers are my two favourite bands, but I love most music in general. Country music and rap doesn't sit too well with me, though. Harlequin Forest is my favourite song, hence my name refers to it... Anywho, I'll be on my way now, and I would rather not bore you.

Привет, I'm Carey from Russia.
Opeth for every who compose and plays is a perfect music teacher
My favourite albums : Ghost Reveries & Damnation, favourite songs: Deliverence & Harvest
I have no O-tattoo, only O-t-shirt:lol::lol:
Greetings to every opethians:kickass:

Hello, just passing through. I'm 23, female, from Sydney Australia. I post on the Katatonia forum as well.

In regards to Opeth - I'll be seeing them at the Big Top in September and can't wait :headbang:

Hello everyone, I'm Nicolas, I'm 31 and I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I'm a huge metal consumer and of course, love Opeth. I love music in general no matter what type it is with the exceptions of hip-hop/pop/disco etc... Well, those are not really "music", aren't they?

I'm glad to have joined this forum, there are a lot of interesting thread(and people) here amid the shit threads but still, I found a lot of good stuff.

So that's it, later.

Oh, woo, there's such a thread? I Don't think old members read posts in here but anyway, I'll give it a shot!
I'm Chris, I live in Athens, Greece and I am 17 years old. I started listening to Opeth about a year ago and now they have become one of my favourite bands. I generally don't have any problem listening to any kind of music as long as it's worth it, so I listen to metal mostly but also some alternative, rock, EBM and sometimes rap (Note: Quality rap, not the "Bling bling" stuff).

Uhmmmm...I can't think of anything else, so I'll add that I'm seeing Opeth live in 5 days and that I freaking love anything that has chocolate in it.
Oh yeah and the reason I joined this forum is to chat, I guess.

Thanks!

PS: To avoid controversy, I know it is spelled "evil", but it's just a parody of both people who can't type and people with nicknames like "xXxSatanxXx" or "DARKNESANGEL" etc, you get the point.

I'm 9 years old, and have been listening to Opeth since Morningrise came out. Yes, I'm that tr00.

Hello, I am an Italian girl who listens opeth and Mark paper is my idol but also opeth I like if they had not Satan in messages contrary
one of you told me that I am a troll and I ban but I do not know what is troll

hallo, ik ben henk, en mijn hobbies zijn zwemmen, voetball en de verzameling von pokemon kaartjes!

Hi there ^^
first time I post on this forum... I'm from Italy , my name is Jonathan, 25years old. I started listening to Opeth with Blackwater Park, and then I decided to buy all the previous albums... but I'm still missing Orchid ^^' Anyway, there are no words to explain what their music makes me feel like... I simply love em. One of my favourite bands, along with Novembre, Katatonia and Disillusion.
Byez

PS @SuccoDiFica : La firma con Marco Carta la capiscono in 3 in tutto il forum :) ahah, bella idea cmq